Cry-baby alert

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Re: Cry-baby alert

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:21 am

coloradocat wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:58 am
MSU01 wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:35 am
coloradocat wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:21 am
91catAlum wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:48 am
The Butcher wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:31 am
The griz are 5-0 against teams that to date have losing records with a combined record of 9-28.

The griz are 0-2 against teams with a winning record to date with a combined record of 12-2.

The griz will face 2 teams that will have losing records and 2 teams that will have winning records to finish off the regular season. If the griz do not have a win against a team at season’s end of .500 or better, do they get in the playoffs with a 7-4 record?
At 7-4 with no quality wins, they would at the very least be on the bubble. You'd probably be able to find 24 more deserving teams than the #6 team in the Big Sky. But the committee seems to love/expect the griz in the playoffs, so it would certainly be an interesting case.
However Weber really didn't impress me much until the 4th quarter last weekend, perhaps I had too high of expectations... so it wouldn't shock me to see the griz beat them. Without those 2 return TDs our game wouldn't have been close. And I don't see them getting 14 points off returns in the same game again this year. But we'll see what happens.
I think if the griz go 7-4 with no quality wins they'll still get in on name/conference recognition. However, I think the committee should punish them by making them travel in the first round. Ideally to the east coast.
That's not how it works though, first round hosts are based on the bidding process and nobody is "punished" by the committee for being one of the last at-large teams to make the field. There's a near 100% chance that both MSU and UM will host their first round games if unseeded. It wouldn't be a surprise to see an unseeded Big Sky team get sent to NDSU or SDSU for the Round of 16 though, which would not be an ideal draw. Any 7-4 or better Big Sky team should feel quite comfortable in getting in this year.
I know that's not how it works. I just wish it could happen because if they make it in at 7-4 they don't deserve a home game. That's probably the #1 argument to have a fully seeded/ranked field.

An unseeded MSU team is extremely unlikely. If (when) we win our next two games we will have locked up a seed regardless of the result of Cat/griz. Going into that game as the #3 seed at worst we won't come out of it lower than #8.
I agree, even at 9-2 MSU will be seeded in the 5-8 range. At 10-1 we will be either the 2 or 3 seed depending on if Sac State wins out and goes unbeaten.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:36 am

91catAlum wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:21 am
coloradocat wrote:
MSU01 wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
The griz are 5-0 against teams that to date have losing records with a combined record of 9-28.

The griz are 0-2 against teams with a winning record to date with a combined record of 12-2.

The griz will face 2 teams that will have losing records and 2 teams that will have winning records to finish off the regular season. If the griz do not have a win against a team at season’s end of .500 or better, do they get in the playoffs with a 7-4 record?
At 7-4 with no quality wins, they would at the very least be on the bubble. You'd probably be able to find 24 more deserving teams than the #6 team in the Big Sky. But the committee seems to love/expect the griz in the playoffs, so it would certainly be an interesting case.
However Weber really didn't impress me much until the 4th quarter last weekend, perhaps I had too high of expectations... so it wouldn't shock me to see the griz beat them. Without those 2 return TDs our game wouldn't have been close. And I don't see them getting 14 points off returns in the same game again this year. But we'll see what happens.
I think if the griz go 7-4 with no quality wins they'll still get in on name/conference recognition. However, I think the committee should punish them by making them travel in the first round. Ideally to the east coast.
That's not how it works though, first round hosts are based on the bidding process and nobody is "punished" by the committee for being one of the last at-large teams to make the field. There's a near 100% chance that both MSU and UM will host their first round games if unseeded. It wouldn't be a surprise to see an unseeded Big Sky team get sent to NDSU or SDSU for the Round of 16 though, which would not be an ideal draw. Any 7-4 or better Big Sky team should feel quite comfortable in getting in this year.
I know that's not how it works. I just wish it could happen because if they make it in at 7-4 they don't deserve a home game. That's probably the #1 argument to have a fully seeded/ranked field.

An unseeded MSU team is extremely unlikely. If (when) we win our next two games we will have locked up a seed regardless of the result of Cat/griz. Going into that game as the #3 seed at worst we won't come out of it lower than #8.
I agree, even at 9-2 MSU will be seeded in the 5-8 range. At 10-1 we will be either the 2 or 3 seed depending on if Sac State wins out and goes unbeaten.
SDSU is not guaranteed to win out either. Yes they have an easier path to do so but they play Indiana State (Only lost to NDSU by 5), Illinois State (5-2 with some good wins, probably the most likely to upset SDSU), and Northern Iowa that always has the potential to jump up in any game and surprise. Also, I'd put good money that Sac loses one game. Most likely Idaho or Weber, but UC Davis could be interesting too. The other game (They've already had their bye, which is another factor) is PSU and they do have to play away, but should still handle them easily.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:41 am

catatac wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:36 am
91catAlum wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
MSU01 wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
The Butcher wrote:

SDSU is not guaranteed to win out either. Yes they have an easier path to do so but they play Indiana State (Only lost to NDSU by 5), Illinois State (5-2 with some good wins, probably the most likely to upset SDSU), and Northern Iowa that always has the potential to jump up in any game and surprise. Also, I'd put good money that Sac loses one game. Most likely Idaho or Weber, but UC Davis could be interesting too. The other game (They've already had their bye, which is another factor) is PSU and they do have to play away, but should still handle them easily.
Indiana State sucks, even the griz beat them! The rest, I agree, those teams could lose a game.

Prodigal Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Prodigal Cat » Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:35 am

MSU01 wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
The Butcher wrote:

Its a big if but IF UC Davis wins out with tough ones against Idaho and Sac St they would be 7-4 and would have a much better resume than um. Not sure the committee would put in 6 teams from the BSC but if the 6th team were the gris they might.

Brewer/Owner Copper Furrow Brewing

griz5700
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by griz5700 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:07 am

GeauxCats41 wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:23 pm
I’m not making excuses for him.. but imagine having to answer to that fan base…. He’s still doesn’t carry himself like a head coach, but I can’t imagine the stress the fan base puts on him.
UM has the most obedient fan base and alumni group in the entire country.

What is there like 7,000 students enrolled at our main campus? Where is the outrage?

PRIDE - TRADITION - GRIZ
http://goo.gl/A6rsSA

GeauxCats41
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by GeauxCats41 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:42 am

griz5700 wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:07 am
GeauxCats41 wrote:
I’m not making excuses for him.. but imagine having to answer to that fan base…. He’s still doesn’t carry himself like a head coach, but I can’t imagine the stress the fan base puts on him.

What is there like 7,000 students enrolled at our main campus? Where is the outrage?
Have you seen your message Board? Them fools are wild. Where do you find those characters?

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:11 pm

GeauxCats41 wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:42 am
griz5700 wrote:
GeauxCats41 wrote:

Have you seen your message Board? Them fools are wild. Where do you find those characters?
Walmart.

:coffee:

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:05 am

grizzh8r wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:11 pm
GeauxCats41 wrote:
griz5700 wrote:
GeauxCats41 wrote:

Walmart. Between midnight and 2 am....

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:54 am

Montanabob wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:05 am
grizzh8r wrote:
GeauxCats41 wrote:
griz5700 wrote:
GeauxCats41 wrote:

In their dark pink jammies..

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:22 pm

Montanabob wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:
GeauxCats41 wrote:
griz5700 wrote:
GeauxCats41 wrote:

Perfect!

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:26 pm

grizzh8r wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:22 pm
Montanabob wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:
GeauxCats41 wrote:
griz5700 wrote:
GeauxCats41 wrote:

Perfect!
And to top it off, the um grads just finished their customer service job at McDonald's.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:45 pm

griz5700 wrote:
GeauxCats41 wrote:

I’m afraid that the outraged ones are among the 5,000 or so of your students who vaporized — left or never came. You guys have struggled so much. To have to put up with a second serving of Bobby is just way too much. Not doing the school any favors at all. Where in the world is your President?

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:01 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:57 pm
Reporter: "Coach, can you tell me what you saw with the offense and why they struggled at times??"

Hauck after the game: "I'd have to take a look at the film and then let you know."

Hauck on Monday: "I'm on to Sac State"
He called up Ash and said, you couldn't beat top ranked trams either, what should I say?" This is what he was told.

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:04 pm

catatac wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:36 am
91catAlum wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
MSU01 wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
The Butcher wrote:

Sac looked beatable against the gris. I wouldn't be surprised if Weder and or Idaho beats them.