FTG

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Re: FTG

Post by Helcat72 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:25 am

Boy, he really hates the media. They sound like they are dragged kicking and screaming after a loss (or a win, for that matter) to interview him.

2024 Resume dominance

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:47 am

I am certainly a tell it like it is type of person. I am not always a big fan of the aw shucks decorum. But Hauck is not even a decent person. He cannot even treat people with common courtesy. He is the definition of an entitled prick. It is so obvious that he thinks he is better than all of us peasants in society. I can't imagine anyone but a gris sycophant having any respect for that jackass.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

cat4lyf
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by cat4lyf » Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:54 am

He is an embarrassment to the state. So fun to watch him lose though. Great meme material.

MSU alum
Inside Connections
Korner Klub
Tailgate guy
Family man

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:18 pm

seataccat wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:47 am
I am certainly a tell it like it is type of person. I am not always a big fan of the aw shucks decorum. But Hauck is not even a decent person. He cannot even treat people with common courtesy. He is the definition of an entitled prick. It is so obvious that he thinks he is better than all of us peasants in society. I can't imagine anyone but a gris sycophant having any respect for that jackass.
He's a complete A-hole and many of my griz fan friends actually agree with that. But he is a good football coach, so they look past his personality.

KIX
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by KIX » Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:52 pm

What a piece. And the constant references to " Idaho sitting the huddle and running the play clock down to 1 second"? So many references to totally irrelevant crap.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:55 pm

So who makes Bäubaé run sprints after a loss when he says he and the coaching staff are to blame?

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:48 pm

I've always been surprised that the Missoula media plays along with his act. Colter has a special relationship with him so he knows he has to put up with the postgame shtick in order to get more access. I would think the rest of them wouldn't put up with it though. They can write plenty of articles and produce new segments without direct quotes/film from him.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

Bobcat1boz
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Bobcat1boz » Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:56 pm

bobby is the worst. He's a scum bag. Glad we don't have him representing us.

CascadeCat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by CascadeCat » Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:13 pm

He definitely has a personality different than the rest of the family. Maybe he should have been spanked more as a kid. It is what it is.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:42 pm

I've noticed that Bobbi doesn't always (or maybe never) make his players available to the media when they lose. Unless you have a couple really engaging players there usually isn't much value there but I think they should be available win or lose.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

Counter Assault
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Counter Assault » Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:21 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:59 am
cats2506 wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:40 am
IHATEHIPPIES wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:35 pm
If you want a good laugh check out Beavis’s post game press conference after getting curb stomped at home by the Vandals.

https://skylinesportsmt.com/montana-foo ... ost-idaho/
Watched this last night, absolutely loved it, laughed all the way through it.

Thought Eck was great too, Proud of his guys because nobody believed in them but themselves.
The question and answer at 6:00 is hilarious. He is asked about their struggles coming off a bye week. The answers is “I don’t know. Thats just all BS. That’s got nothing to do with nothing”. I looks like he is pissed but is going to cry. CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE TURN THIS INTO A MEME? There are so many situations that could be inserted into.
I agree, there is absolutely some meme action from the presser.

St George

Post by St George » Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:37 pm

Bobbie sounded like a 4 or 5 year old in the press conference. "They took our ball and wouldn't let us play with it, waaaaa waaaaaa".

Prodigal Cat

Post by Prodigal Cat » Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:15 pm

I don't normally listed to it but I thought I would check out the gris fan podcast. Its 3 hrs so I didn't listen to all of it but at the beginning 8:30 mark they said "I think we should do something that the coaching staff and players didn't do and put some respect on Idaho's name." Even their own superfans see the disrespect, classless looking past an opponent and the following lack of acknowledgement after. BH is a stain on the state of Montana

Brewer/Owner Copper Furrow Brewing

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:59 pm

Prodigal Cat wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:15 pm
I don't normally listed to it but I thought I would check out the gris fan podcast. Its 3 hrs so I didn't listen to all of it but at the beginning 8:30 mark they said "I think we should do something that the coaching staff and players didn't do and put some respect on Idaho's name." Even their own superfans see the disrespect, classless looking past an opponent and the following lack of acknowledgement after. BH is a stain on the state of Montana
I agree to a point but that is pretty typical. Everyone is suddenly a great team to be respected AFTER they beat the griz! Predictions of a blowout all week last week. Suddenly after a loss Idaho us this amazing team who might be the best in the league.

We’ll see the same thing this week. Everyone saying Weber is so much better than us and deserves to be ranked higher than us. I can assure you if we beat Weber all of a sudden they won’t be very good in the eyes of many griz fans. And of course when Sac beats them suddenly Sac will be the hands down best team in the country and the Cats will be lucky to not have played them or our season would be over.

This is all as predictable as the sun rising tomorrow morning….

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:04 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:59 pm
Prodigal Cat wrote:
I agree to a point but that is pretty typical. Everyone is suddenly a great team to be respected AFTER they beat the griz! Predictions of a blowout all week last week. Suddenly after a loss Idaho us this amazing team who might be the best in the league.

We’ll see the same thing this week. Everyone saying Weber is so much better than us and deserves to be ranked higher than us. I can assure you if we beat Weber all of a sudden they won’t be very good in the eyes of many griz fans. And of course when Sac beats them suddenly Sac will be the hands down best team in the country and the Cats will be lucky to not have played them or our season would be over.

Just like how Sam Houston was overrated and SDSU was overtired.

ECBobcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by ECBobcat » Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:30 am

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:04 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Prodigal Cat wrote:

Yeah, Cats had to play the undefeated, defending National Champions on the road. “They sucked.” Then, Cats had to play the runners-up and only team to have beaten NDSU in the fall of ‘21. “You got ‘em when they were at their worst. Easiest path to Frisco ever seen.”

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:59 am

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
Prodigal Cat wrote:

Precisely

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:50 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:59 am
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
Prodigal Cat wrote:

Precisely
The easiest path to the championship game I’ve ever seen was UM in 1996. Nichols, ETSU and Troy State. I think 95 might’ve been a cakewalk too.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber