Oregon State Depth Chart

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

FYI
BobcatNation Letterman

Oregon State Depth Chart

Post by FYI » Sun May 29, 2022 12:30 pm

OSU has posted it's depth chart. The most striking feature to me is the number of transfers coming in. Here's a summary of the #1's incoming transfers.
OSU Transfers by position/former school

WR Florida State
WR Nebraska
LG Lacy College
RG Hawaii
QB Saddleback College
DE City College of San Francisco
DT San Jacinto College
OLB Florida
ILB Arkansas
S San Mateo
CB Laney College
NB? City College of San Francisco

That's 13 of 22 and 7 of the 13 are coming from sub FCS schools.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Re: Oregon State Depth Chart

Post by RickRund » Sun May 29, 2022 2:20 pm

Lacy College is one I've never seen before.

And they have a Peyton Hogan from Bozeman.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Mon May 30, 2022 7:20 am

First, it doesn't look like the OSU fans will not get a bowl bid by the prognosticators.
Second, the last time they were co-Champions of the PAC 12 was in 2000 2hen their coach was someone named Dennis Erickson.
3. Their pac 12 Ranking for the preseason is #5.
Oregon State Beavers
2021 record: 7-6 (5-4 Pac-12)

Where Oregon State is right now: OSU put a decent product on the field offensively in 2021, ranking fourth in the Pac-12 in total yards and scoring with just over 31 points per game on average.

But the Beavers need to plug in two new blockers on an otherwise veteran front line and find a swap for NFL-bound rusher B.J. Baylor — DeShaun Fenwick, who scored four times on a shade under 450 yards last fall should inherit the RB1 role here.

Chance Nolan had mixed results at quarterback, passing for 19 scores, but also 10 interceptions. He passed for over 200 yards in eight games, but didn't throw a touchdown in a bowl game loss to Utah State. This team had losses to Cal and Colorado last fall, but also a win over Utah, and starts off 2022 with a tough slate.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

FYI
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by FYI » Mon May 30, 2022 10:56 am

Depth charts can serve as a motivator giving the coach an opportunity to send a not so subtle message to players who are under performing or need motivation. This could be one of those.
Digging a little deeper, I couldn't find anything about Lacy or Laney football. Lacy is a JC in South Puget Sound and Washington State dropped JC football years ago. However, City College of San Francisco is the real deal. They are a JC in a tough central CA league and went 13-0 last year. Their roster is formidable.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Mon May 30, 2022 12:15 pm

FYI wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 10:56 am
Depth charts can serve as a motivator giving the coach an opportunity to send a not so subtle message to players who are under performing or need motivation. This could be one of those.
Digging a little deeper, I couldn't find anything about Lacy or Laney football. Lacy is a JC in South Puget Sound and Washington State dropped JC football years ago. However, City College of San Francisco is the real deal. They are a JC in a tough central CA league and went 13-0 last year. Their roster is formidable.
Laney is a JC in the bay area. Used to have a pretty good football program a while ago but that was a while ago.

Used to run track against them in the mid 60s if my memory is correct...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

catgradtimes2
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by catgradtimes2 » Mon May 30, 2022 7:23 pm

RickRund wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 12:15 pm
FYI wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 10:56 am
Laney is a JC in the bay area. Used to have a pretty good football program a while ago but that was a while ago.

Used to run track against them in the mid 60s if my memory is correct...
Laney is also featured in a season of Last Chance U on Netflix.