OSU vs ND

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

OSU vs ND

Post by RickRund » Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:31 pm

Very surprising game. 1st half 28-14 the Irish. 2nd half 23-7 for the Cowboys.. Two totally opposite halves.

Now is the Rose Bowl.. Feeling there will be some that will say who is the U of U. Might be nice to see the Utes win...

Remember way back I won a Utes basketball on the radio from the Jerry Pimm basketball show. I had mailed in my name all season. Probably the last week or so of the season he finally called my name.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

RICO CAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: OSU vs ND

Post by RICO CAT » Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:31 pm

The win for OSU and hopefully Utah is good for for the image of football west of the Mississippi. I really do believe there is a east coast bias when it comes to sports writers.

“OVER THEM MOUNTAINS”

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:02 pm

This Rose Bowl is a track meet. There was a stretch of 2:43 where there were 5 tds... Utes are pretty darned impressive. Just curious what the spread is on the Utes game and what they were for the Cowboys...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:42 am

Coach Mac will be in Frisco Saturday, as will Coach Choate. Hell you might even see Jan, Sonny, Travis, a Widmer, a Fellows and surely a Bignell.

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:49 am

Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:42 am
Coach Mac will be in Frisco Saturday, as will Coach Choate. Hell you might even see Jan, Sonny, Travis, a Widmer, a Fellows and surely a Bignell.
Would love to see a picture of all the Bobcat royalty together! And lots of other guys to get in that picture! I saw Denarius was asked about Tommy at a Texans press conference and he had some great things to say. Probably see Kane there as well.

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:37 pm

RickRund wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:02 pm
This Rose Bowl is a track meet. There was a stretch of 2:43 where there were 5 tds... Utes are pretty darned impressive. Just curious what the spread is on the Utes game and what they were for the Cowboys...
I've watched every Ute game this season. (My wife, daughter, sister, and both brothers in law are Utes...). They were something like 6 point dogs, so they covered the spread.

The Utes had a similar QB situation to the Cats this year...transfer QB got benched & then the whole team gelled. They also played their #3 RB at CB due to injuries. Reminded me of a Troy sort of situation.

Also: apparently neither OSU nor Utah have a kicker who can put the ball deep into the end zone, which was a surprise to me. And the Utes were so thin at QB than when their starter got hurt, the backup was a true freshman walk on from a small rural Utah school.

Interesting game for sure.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:17 am

onceacat wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:37 pm
RickRund wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:02 pm
I've watched every Ute game this season. (My wife, daughter, sister, and both brothers in law are Utes...). They were something like 6 point dogs, so they covered the spread.

The Utes had a similar QB situation to the Cats this year...transfer QB got benched & then the whole team gelled. They also played their #3 RB at CB due to injuries. Reminded me of a Troy sort of situation.

Also: apparently neither OSU nor Utah have a kicker who can put the ball deep into the end zone, which was a surprise to me. And the Utes were so thin at QB than when their starter got hurt, the backup was a true freshman walk on from a small rural Utah school.

Interesting game for sure.
Why didn't Utah kick that FG in the second half when they appeared to be in makeable range? Ended up losing by 3... Gotta give them credit, though. I figured the game was over when Cam Rising got knocked out of the game, but they came back to tie it with that walk on QB...

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl: