The mass exodus at Wyoming

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

spring creek cat
BobcatNation Team Captain

The mass exodus at Wyoming

Post by spring creek cat » Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:02 pm

Any chance Vigen can convince some of the Wyoming kids to come MSU. I see they just lost valladay to the portal today. I think that makes 10-12 players that have left since their bowl game.

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: The mass exodus at Wyoming

Post by Common Cat » Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:13 pm

I remember asking their reporter prior to our game if there would be a scenario where Bohl was on the hot seat. He was very dismissive about it. I wonder what he'd say now....?

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:17 pm

Common Cat wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:13 pm
I remember asking their reporter prior to our game if there would be a scenario where Bohl was on the hot seat. He was very dismissive about it. I wonder what he'd say now....?
Anyone know what is going on down there? I get kids transfer but how many and how soon after their season is eye opening

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:30 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:17 pm
Common Cat wrote:
Anyone know what is going on down there? I get kids transfer but how many and how soon after their season is eye opening
At least they actually waited until after the season! [-(

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:33 pm

spring creek cat wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:02 pm
Any chance Vigen can convince some of the Wyoming kids to come MSU. I see they just lost valladay to the portal today. I think that makes 10-12 players that have left since their bowl game.
Why would we want any of them? Even though we didn't win the game, all accounts indicate they didn't exactly push us around.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

Prodigal Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Prodigal Cat » Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:39 pm

Cledus wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:33 pm
spring creek cat wrote:
Why would we want any of them? Even though we didn't win the game, all accounts indicate they didn't exactly push us around.
Because we are not asking to swap teams... we are asking to poach talent. If at the end of the year Tommy, Ifanse, Perkins, Valdez and a few other entered the portal you don't think a bunch of teams wouldn't want them because they play in the FCS? The Neylor kid that i've talked about is getting offers from Pac 12 and SEC teams. Pretty sure he'd be a nice little addition to the Cats who lose their 2 best WR. Your comment is kinda short sighted.

Brewer/Owner Copper Furrow Brewing

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:45 pm

Well unless they are true freshmen our Head Coach would know exactly who and if we would want.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:54 pm

Cledus wrote:
spring creek cat wrote:
There’s still some good talent there.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:55 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Common Cat wrote:
Heard rumors it’s related to the OC (who was a candidate for the HC job here). Have no idea how accurate that is. Might’ve just been that after some left, the rest decided to go too.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:58 pm

Prodigal Cat wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:39 pm
Cledus wrote:
spring creek cat wrote:
Because we are not asking to swap teams... we are asking to poach talent. If at the end of the year Tommy, Ifanse, Perkins, Valdez and a few other entered the portal you don't think a bunch of teams wouldn't want them because they play in the FCS? The Neylor kid that i've talked about is getting offers from Pac 12 and SEC teams. Pretty sure he'd be a nice little addition to the Cats who lose their 2 best WR. Your comment is kinda short sighted.
*Like button*

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatBot » Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:00 pm

Landing Neyor would send shock waves around the whole FCS. If Tommy wasn't already on a steep curve to stardom, a guy like Neyor would make him an All American IMO. Highly unlikely based on his current offers, but who knows. Maybe he really liked Vigen.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:10 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:55 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Common Cat wrote:
Heard rumors it’s related to the OC (who was a candidate for the HC job here). Have no idea how accurate that is. Might’ve just been that after some left, the rest decided to go too.
I thought I saw something on Reddit about them generally liking the new OC. It's probably both factors you mentioned. If a few influential guys don't like the new coach and/or think they'll be better off somewhere else for whatever reason there might be other guys on the team that get the same idea and/or don't want to be there without some of their best friends.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:39 pm

Cledus wrote:
spring creek cat wrote:

](*,)

FTG- GO CATS GO!

RICO CAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by RICO CAT » Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:51 pm

Not sure who any of them are but I doubt they - with the exception of the quarterback who just entered the portal - are guys who were getting a lot of playing time. Probably just looking for a better opportunity.

“OVER THEM MOUNTAINS”

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:59 pm

I think anymore you have to try and keep the door open to bringing in a few drop downs that can help immediately. Choate had connections to UW and it helped. If Vigen is able to get some of these guys from Wyoming, it would be great. Competition only makes teams better. We have holes that will needed filled.

Punters are people too!!

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatBot » Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:02 pm

RICO CAT wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:51 pm
Not sure who any of them are but I doubt they - with the exception of the quarterback who just entered the portal - are guys who were getting a lot of playing time. Probably just looking for a better opportunity.
This is false.
https://247sports.com/college/usc/Artic ... 179062745/

Prodigal Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Prodigal Cat » Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:12 pm

CatBot wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:02 pm
RICO CAT wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:51 pm
This is false.
https://247sports.com/college/usc/Artic ... 179062745/
And Valladay is one of the better backs in the MWC and in the portal. Lots of starters and difference makers from that team looking to transfer.

Brewer/Owner Copper Furrow Brewing

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:34 pm

I believe Valladay is a grad transfer?

Punters are people too!!

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:01 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:39 pm
Cledus wrote:
spring creek cat wrote:

](*,)
*Like button*

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:09 pm

GoCats18 wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:34 pm
I believe Valladay is a grad transfer?
Valladay is a stud who is going to play on Sundays. I'm a little surprised he'd do a grad transfer instead of declaring for the draft...the weird think is, this is probably the only position where the Cats don't have a legit spot for an NFL caliber player. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Ifanse & Valladay with 15 carries each through the regular season... :shock: