What happened to Cam Humphery

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mule
BobcatNation Redshirt

What happened to Cam Humphery

Post by mule » Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:29 pm

Does anyone know what happened to Griz QB?

I didn't think it would go their way as they talked all week it would.

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Re: What happened to Cam Humphery

Post by tetoncat » Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:32 pm

Knocked out on hit in first half. Concussion probably. Akem also out on first drive. Arm or
shoulder injury

Sports is not bigger than life

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catsrgrood » Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:32 pm

Concussion, got lit up pretty good late 1st qtr/early 2nd qtr.
Brown finished the half and was benched at halftime for Patterson for the second half.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:34 pm

mule wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:29 pm
Does anyone know what happened to Griz QB?

I didn't think it would go their way as they talked all week it would.
He got crushed trying for a first down. Should have taken a slide...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

mule
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by mule » Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:51 pm

Thanks for the info. If you're not smart enough to slide then that is what can happen. That is why the rule is there.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:52 pm

He kind of turned and exposed the back of his head which is a big no no too.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

Dmsubrew
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Dmsubrew » Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:11 pm

Not smart but he got hurt trying give 110% in a playoff game. Can't fault him too much for that.

jgrilley406
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by jgrilley406 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:14 pm

Obviously they got an issue at qb for next year, but whoever they put in there, the Griz are going to be extremely good team next year. On defense they lose both DEs (which won’t be a huge drop off) and then Lewis. Their defense and special teams are going to be extremely good once again next year, and then on offense they’ll return their top two RBs in Knight and Ostmo, which were two big losses to this years team. Plus who knows if Sulser comes back, which will only be an added boost to their offense and special teams.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:40 pm

jgrilley406 wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:14 pm
Obviously they got an issue at qb for next year, but whoever they put in there, the Griz are going to be extremely good team next year. On defense they lose both DEs (which won’t be a huge drop off) and then Lewis. Their defense and special teams are going to be extremely good once again next year, and then on offense they’ll return their top two RBs in Knight and Ostmo, which were two big losses to this years team. Plus who knows if Sulser comes back, which will only be an added boost to their offense and special teams.
We'll see. They lose a lot of talent, including three OL starters, 2 DL starters, 2 secondary stud starters... Akem, Macias. They'll for sure reload and probably get some transfers but we'll see how it all comes together.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

jgrilley406
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by jgrilley406 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:56 pm

catatac wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:40 pm
jgrilley406 wrote:
We'll see. They lose a lot of talent, including three OL starters, 2 DL starters, 2 secondary stud starters... Akem, Macias. They'll for sure reload and probably get some transfers but we'll see how it all comes together.
The OL might be an issue and kicker for sure, but think everyone they lose on defense they’re replaced by players who got experience with their injuries and there isn’t that much of a drop off from talent. The only exception is idk who replaces Lewis. Both DEs were hurt a lot during the year, same with Robertson, which Graves will fill in just fine, and Walker for Hicks is not that much of a difference.

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:30 pm

Akem was a collarbone. Bummer for the kid.

Norsky19
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Norsky19 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:50 pm

I was impressed with Patterson's toughness in the loss. Competed hard. Played well for 3rd string.

aucat

Post by aucat » Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:32 am

Yeah, but where was the so-called great Griz D????

coochorama42
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by coochorama42 » Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:54 am

They had no chance once Humphrey went down. The offense was moving the ball relatively well with him, but fell apart with Brown. Patterson was better, but that's faint praise.

They really missed Hicks Onu defensively, though their tackling was just terrible on a handful of big plays.

@iaafan suggested they were the worst team left on that side of the bracket and I was dismissive of that. I think ETSU would have beaten them tonight, so I will admit I was wrong.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:30 am

coochorama42 wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:54 am
They had no chance once Humphrey went down. The offense was moving the ball relatively well with him, but fell apart with Brown. Patterson was better, but that's faint praise.

They really missed Hicks Onu defensively, though their tackling was just terrible on a handful of big plays.

@iaafan suggested they were the worst team left on that side of the bracket and I was dismissive of that. I think ETSU would have beaten them tonight, so I will admit I was wrong.
To be fair, their offense has been awful regardless of who is behind center. I don’t look at that as being a big loss tonight. It’d be one thing if they lost a QB and WR that were lighting up the scoreboard. That wasn’t the case.

They lost because their special teams didn’t score and their good defense played a team capable of throwing the middle of the field. Everyone on the planet, sans our offensive coordinator, knows if you can hit routes in the middle of the field, you’d smoke that defense.

Hopefully in a year our OC figures that out.

mule
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by mule » Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:44 am

jgrilley406 wrote:
They might be good next year but so should we. Every year brings new challenges and things can change for the better or for the worse.
Go Cats!!!!

Catsrgrood

Post by Catsrgrood » Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:22 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:30 am
coochorama42 wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:54 am

To be fair, their offense has been awful regardless of who is behind center. I don’t look at that as being a big loss tonight. It’d be one thing if they lost a QB and WR that were lighting up the scoreboard. That wasn’t the case.

They lost because their special teams didn’t score and their good defense played a team capable of throwing the middle of the field. Everyone on the planet, sans our offensive coordinator, knows if you can hit routes in the middle of the field, you’d smoke that defense.

Hopefully in a year our OC figures that out.
They were straight dominated. Not talking smack because it could be the same story with us tonight.
But I agree, they didn’t lose because they were down QB1 and WR1, they lost because they weren’t as good and didn’t get those special teams breaks they’ve been getting lately.

I have no doubt that the griz would have put up 14-20 points if Humphrey and Akem played the whole game.
I also think if that would have happened, JMU would have put up 40. They took their foot off the gas near the end of the 3rd qtr. If needed, JMU could absolutely have scored a couple times in that 4th qtr.