dUMb @ James Madison

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: dUMb @ James Madison

Post by lutecat » Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:43 pm

Sohedges wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:27 pm
kmax wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:45 pm
Sohedges wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:22 pm
PapaG wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:06 pm
Brown benched. Who was the Gris fan saying Brown was their best QB prospect ever?
They are as clueless about football as you. Remember that time you pontificated that Tommy wouldn’t start against UTM because Vigan would lose the game and the team and then your guy McKay up and leaves? you were so spot on, not :lol:
Unnecessary and completely off topic bud. You got one right, congrats. Act like you’ve been there before even if you haven’t.
Relax Karen
You realize who KMAX is right?
I would take it easy. We might trade you to the griz if you're not careful.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:16 am

Man their fanboy media types are just so fricken douchey even when they get their butts kicked. You won't find any of that type of fawning, pandering, and hyperbole tomorrow from the media covering the Cats...and I think it's just as well. Remember-they're the only team that's ever had injuries...

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:18 am

Sohedges wrote:
PapaG wrote:
Brown benched. Who was the Gris fan saying Brown was their best QB prospect ever?
They are as clueless about football as you. Remember that time you pontificated that Tommy wouldn’t start against UTM because Vigan would lose the game and the team and then your guy McKay up and leaves? you were so spot on, not :lol:
Neat story. You’ve already brought it up and I said I was wrong. Feel better?

Every player on the team is my “guy,” by the way.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:35 am

John K wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:21 pm
Remember their big marketing campaign before the season started...."We're baaaack" or something stupid like that. They didn't go any further in the playoffs than they did in 2019. Actually, they really should have beaten Weber in the QF two years ago. This year they weren't even competitive with JMU. And yeah, it might have been slightly closer if Humphrey and Akem hadn't gotten hurt, but I think JMU still would have won fairly easily. I think the real championship game will be next week, when JMU plays NDSU.
I keep hearing that JMU and NDSU should be the championship game. Why would anyone think that? Villanova beat JMU, SDSU beat NDSU and SHSU beat them both this year and they are all on the other side of the bracket.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:48 am

seataccat wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:35 am
John K wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:21 pm
Remember their big marketing campaign before the season started...."We're baaaack" or something stupid like that. They didn't go any further in the playoffs than they did in 2019. Actually, they really should have beaten Weber in the QF two years ago. This year they weren't even competitive with JMU. And yeah, it might have been slightly closer if Humphrey and Akem hadn't gotten hurt, but I think JMU still would have won fairly easily. I think the real championship game will be next week, when JMU plays NDSU.
I keep hearing that JMU and NDSU should be the championship game. Why would anyone think that? Villanova beat JMU, SDSU beat NDSU and SHSU beat them both this year and they are all on the other side of the bracket.
Yep. Zero doubt Sammy is the team to beat. Griz looked good when everything was clicking, but sort of fell apart at the end.

Helped that 1)JMU Oline could pick up the blitz and 2) JMU OC was lucky to have tape on the Griz D…not every OC this year has been that lucky.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:13 am

lutecat wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:43 pm
Sohedges wrote:
kmax wrote:
Sohedges wrote:
PapaG wrote:
Unnecessary and completely off topic bud. You got one right, congrats. Act like you’ve been there before even if you haven’t.
Relax Karen
You realize who KMAX is right?
I would take it easy. We might trade you to the griz if you're not careful.
Trade? He’s already a UM guy trying to play pretend.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:07 am

Sohedges wrote:
kmax wrote:
Sohedges wrote:
PapaG wrote:
Relax Karen
At least you are consistent. Arrogant snideness towards everyone.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:12 pm

Long Time Cat wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:38 pm
TBH I am not as confident about the Cats winning tomorrow as I was before I watched this game. James Madison totally manhandled the gris and I don’t think having their QB1 or they’re starting wide receiver would have made enough difference. The goofy defense the gris run really hurt them on big plays today. We don’t do that and I think we can hold Sam Houston in the 20s but I’m just not sure we get to the 20s with our offense. And I will sleep on it before I make my final prediction but right now I’m thinking Cats lose 24-14 or something like that.
First off, that game last night had zero to do with our game tonight. Also, I'm going to borrow what I saw another poster predict earlier in the week because I have a feeling they were spot on. Cats will get at least one rushing TD from Ifanse or TM, TM will get at least one passing TD, probably to LM, and I have a feeling we'll get a TD off either a special teams play or a pick 6 or something strange. Throw in a couple FGs and I think we'll be in the high 20's. Hopefully our D plays lights out and that's enough for a W.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Sohedges
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Sohedges » Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:56 pm

allcat wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:07 am
Sohedges wrote:
kmax wrote:
Sohedges wrote:
PapaG wrote:
Relax Karen
Yeah Thanks for all your support when I was getting torched by that football guru Papa G. He sure knew what he was talking about because Vigen has lost the team.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:37 am

Sohedges wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:56 pm
allcat wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:07 am
Sohedges wrote:
kmax wrote:
Sohedges wrote:
PapaG wrote:
Relax Karen
Yeah Thanks for all your support when I was getting torched by that football guru Papa G. He sure knew what he was talking about because Vigen has lost the team.
Lashing out at me on a Bobcat board because your Grisslies got their asses kicked on National TV isn’t a good look. Do you still think Kris Brown is the most talented QB in Missoula College of Theater and Dance history?

I do appreciate your meltdown, though.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride