Zac Crews

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Zac Crews

Post by coloradocat » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:05 pm

High school kids are so dumb, always have been. Social media just gives them an extremely public outlet for their stupidity.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:15 pm

coochorama42 wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:31 pm
Even if it were (which it is not), those two images pretty much mean he'll never have a chance to play, unless there is a segregated team still out there.
The words are terrible, the emojis might be worse.

It will be interesting how this shakes out.

Also, interesting that the initial tweet was from a former Griz football player and has been retweeted by Samuel Akem and Malik Flowers.
Last edited by wbtfg on Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catsrgrood » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:19 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:22 pm
AKA; I’m sorry I got caught.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:26 pm

I’m sure victor flores will ask our players what they think of this.

bobcatozzy

Post by bobcatozzy » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:27 pm

Catsrgood I put the same thing on tweeter he only apologized when he got caught.

Rest In peace dad.

catgradtimes2
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by catgradtimes2 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:35 pm

I have warned folks before that Venmo defaults those payment comments to public. We have often talked about why the default isn’t private.

Neither here nor there, these comments are indefensible, don’t care how old you are. The emojis make it disgusting.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:32 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:26 pm
I’m sure victor flores will ask our players what they think of this.
:lol:

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:50 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:25 pm
Before the discussions tab was taken away many of us were told by people like @TomCat88 and @iaafan that this is acceptable speech when talking about friends regardless of color. So I’m not sure what the problem is? :shrug: :shrug:

….I’m on the side of the line that says you don’t say derogatory terms to each other regardless of race. But what do I know?
What a horrible thing to say. Saying someone is “My nigga” because you’re good friends with them is not the same as calling someone the N-word ending in “er”.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Post by 083190 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:57 pm

We have all screwed up to one extent or another. What we do after we screw up is what character is all about. Now, a mea culpa has been offered...12 months later. If the remorse was sincere, why take a calendar year to acknowledge the error of your ways. It reads like The UM Athletic Department has their fingerprints all over the apology. If history is any indication, it will be a wait and see what the fallout is... and then, any possible disciplinary decisions might be made.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:59 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:50 pm
BigBruceBaker wrote:
Before the discussions tab was taken away many of us were told by people like @TomCat88 and @iaafan that this is acceptable speech when talking about friends regardless of color. So I’m not sure what the problem is? :shrug: :shrug:

….I’m on the side of the line that says you don’t say derogatory terms to each other regardless of race. But what do I know?
What a horrible thing to say. Saying someone is “My nigga” because you’re good friends with them is not the same as calling someone the N-word ending in “er”.
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... My%20nigga

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Cat8191
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Cat8191 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:26 pm

Haha. ****** you Tom. People like you that want to play games with the language and the culture need to be corrected. Don't try to give up ****** pop references. If you have something on your mind, say it. If you can't defend it yourself, take a hard look at your belief system

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:58 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

Moronic. I am at a loss for words every time you try to defend this.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:19 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:58 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

lol... yep. We hang out with a group of black friends fairly often, heading there this Saturday for a party. Super cool, fun people. I can't even imagine why in the hell I would even consider calling any of them "My Niggas".

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:36 am

Cataholic wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

There’s nothing to defend. It’s a simple matter of fact and I’m just providing information about it to bring people up to speed. You may not like it, but I don’t think it’s up to you to determine what is and isn’t a part of the Black lexicon.
Last edited by TomCat88 on Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:39 am

catatac wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:19 pm
Cataholic wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

lol... yep. We hang out with a group of black friends fairly often, heading there this Saturday for a party. Super cool, fun people. I can't even imagine why in the hell I would even consider calling any of them "My Niggas".
Lol. It isn’t something you would initiate. If they’re so inclined, they would say that to you. Not sure why anyone is having a difficult time wrapping their head around this. Calling some the N-word is not the same thing. It’s a term that was initiated by the black community in the USA as a term of endearment. Yes, it’s a little cringy at first, but who’s to tell the black community what it can and cannot add to the American lexicon.

There’s a song titled My Nigga by YG. Another titled Down for My Niggaz by C-Murder. There a hundreds of songs referencing this term in a positive way.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Nigga

Curb Your Enthusiasm S3E8 has this as an underlying theme.

I’ve seen nothing where a portion of the Black community is denouncing the use of this colloquialism. If there is, please provide a reference. If this is something that I’m off the mark on, I’ll gladly refrain from providing information about it and admit (and apologize for) my own lack of knowledge.

toM StUber

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by arvcat2 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:22 am

Hey KMAX, how long is your "runway" going to be on this thread as your VIP, TomCat88, makes an utter a&s of himself?

Lord Vigo

Post by Lord Vigo » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:29 am

My intended point may not come across, but in a way I feel bad for these kids.

I DO NOT feel bad that he has been called out and embarrassed for posting what he did. That was atrocious.

But I do feel bad for this generation that all of their stupidity is online and public. When I was his age, the stupid things I would say or do to try and shock or amuse my friends were private. That didn't make them right, but it gave me the opportunity to mature without the whole world watching.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:34 am

arvcat2 wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:22 am
Hey KMAX, how long is your "runway" going to be on this thread as your VIP, TomCat88, makes an utter a&s of himself?
I’m totally fine with kmax putting an end to any thread he wants to. It’s his website. He can do what he wants. Just because people here aren’t aware of the meaning of a term is of no consequence to me. I never brought it up in this thread or any other thread. Merely trying to inform people of what the term “my nigga” means to those who use it colloquially as a term for deep friendship.

toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:38 am

Lord Vigo wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:29 am
My intended point may not come across, but in a way I feel bad for these kids.

I DO NOT feel bad that he has been called out and embarrassed for posting what he did. That was atrocious.

But I do feel bad for this generation that all of their stupidity is online and public. When I was his age, the stupid things I would say or do to try and shock or amuse my friends were private. That didn't make them right, but it gave me the opportunity to mature without the whole world watching.
I feel bad for them, too, in a way. Some of them have been led to believe that they can do these kinds of things and get away with it. It’s gotten pretty prevalent in today’s culture.

toM StUber

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:42 am

This thread should probably just be locked

FTG- GO CATS GO!