typical Hauck press conference

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Re: typical Hauck press conference

Post by Cataholic » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:21 am

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:08 am
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:15 am
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:20 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:08 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:10 pm
Bobby lives in a lot your heads rent free.
Bobby’s a d1ck. Nothing wrong with pointing out when he is being a douche.
Like I said, rent free.
You’ve been posting here for less than 3 months and you are already the resident expert. So glad you are here to tell us what we should think.
Has anybody ever told you that you take things way too seriously? This is all in good fun.
Oh geez man. I am just having a little fun with you. You take things way too serious….

I just think that if a person is being a douche, there is absolutely nothing wrong with pointing that out. It is hilarious though that when someone points that out, you degrade them with a snide comment. Did you ever think that maybe you are the one that is taking things too serious?

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:49 am

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:43 pm
If anyone listened to Bobby Hauck in his latest press conference you heard him in vintage Bobby form. By vintage I don’t mean like a fine wine but rather like vinegar. Whine whine whine and answers as acidic and pleasant as vinegar. During the interview he said you don’t always get what you want and he didn’t get the pony he wanted as a youth. The very last thing he said was that maybe he would get his pony this year. Frankly I think he’s more the donkey type. I’d love to see him walking around with his donkey and hear someone say hey look at that a$$, then hear someone else ask, which one? A good number of griz fans would step right up to ask that question.
Is there a link to this somewhere?

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:02 pm

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:15 pm

It's no secret he's had a not-so-favorable relationship with the media in general his whole career. He's not unique there, but if I were a fan it would get a little old. It almost seems like he answers every question in a way that says "that's such a dumb question but I'll answer it without really answering it". For the most part the questions are pretty dumb, but you have to throw some dumb stuff out there to get a guy to talk about his team so you can write something. You can tell he respects Colter more than the other reporters. Choate was fun because he'd just go on and on about any topic and you knew exactly what his opinion was. Vigen isn't as entertaining, but he does do a good job of answering questions and giving plenty of info. I do wonder if he's doing that because he's still new to that game and maybe hasn't been burned by a misquote. I don't blame Hauck for doing what he does but I personally don't care much for it. To me it fits his personality perfectly. The people who like him love the answers he gives I'm sure.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:24 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:15 pm
It's no secret he's had a not-so-favorable relationship with the media in general his whole career. He's not unique there, but if I were a fan it would get a little old. It almost seems like he answers every question in a way that says "that's such a dumb question but I'll answer it without really answering it". For the most part the questions are pretty dumb, but you have to throw some dumb stuff out there to get a guy to talk about his team so you can write something. You can tell he respects Colter more than the other reporters. Choate was fun because he'd just go on and on about any topic and you knew exactly what his opinion was. Vigen isn't as entertaining, but he does do a good job of answering questions and giving plenty of info. I do wonder if he's doing that because he's still new to that game and maybe hasn't been burned by a misquote. I don't blame Hauck for doing what he does but I personally don't care much for it. To me it fits his personality perfectly. The people who like him love the answers he gives I'm sure.
I saw a Chase Benson interview recently, and my goodness I felt bad for the kid. I think it was Flores asking most of the questions on the video, and they were just so, so, bad. It seems like sports reporters asking good questions is a rare thing.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:26 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:21 am
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:08 am
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:15 am
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:20 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:08 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Bobby’s a d1ck. Nothing wrong with pointing out when he is being a douche.
Like I said, rent free.
You’ve been posting here for less than 3 months and you are already the resident expert. So glad you are here to tell us what we should think.
Has anybody ever told you that you take things way too seriously? This is all in good fun.
Oh geez man. I am just having a little fun with you. You take things way too serious….

I just think that if a person is being a douche, there is absolutely nothing wrong with pointing that out. It is hilarious though that when someone points that out, you degrade them with a snide comment. Did you ever think that maybe you are the one that is taking things too serious?
Lol. I <3 you.

I got no issue making fun of Hauck. I just think some people reach a little when trying to make him appear like the worst person on Earth, that’s all.

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:29 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:24 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
I saw a Chase Benson interview recently, and my goodness I felt bad for the kid. I think it was Flores asking most of the questions on the video, and they were just so, so, bad. It seems like sports reporters asking good questions is a rare thing.
Flores is pretty bad. Reminds me of the old SNL skits where Chris Farley has a talk show. One time I think he was talking to Bruce Willis and he said "remember that time on Die Hard when you beat that guy up?" (or something like that) and Bruce Willis just said "Yeah". Chris Farley would sort of grin and say "that was awesome" and move on to the next dumb question. Asking good questions is every bit as important as writing good articles, and not everybody who can write is any good at asking questions.

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:35 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Yes, yes he does

CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:50 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:29 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Flores is pretty bad. Reminds me of the old SNL skits where Chris Farley has a talk show. One time I think he was talking to Bruce Willis and he said "remember that time on Die Hard when you beat that guy up?" (or something like that) and Bruce Willis just said "Yeah". Chris Farley would sort of grin and say "that was awesome" and move on to the next dumb question. Asking good questions is every bit as important as writing good articles, and not everybody who can write is any good at asking questions.
Flores highlights the difference between Colter and the rest of the media. Colter is a football journalist while the rest are journalism majors on the sports beat.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:57 pm

Go Scats Go wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:35 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Yes, yes he does
Dude. You’re a troll going over to the rival board, you won’t even keep your normal name from eGriz, and if I remember correctly, you’re a bet welcher. You’re the worst of the worst. An embarrassment to your mother. Move on and get ready for another Grizzly loss.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:58 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:50 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Flores highlights the difference between Colter and the rest of the media. Colter is a football journalist while the rest are journalism majors on the sports beat.
Colter actually understands football. I don’t agree with everything he says, but for the most part, he knows what he’s watching and talking about. These other guys? They don’t have a clue.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:00 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:50 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Flores has been so bad. I thought Schwedelson was pretty bad, but Flores is far worse. I think he's the one who asked all the MSU players about UM beating Washington at the beginning of the year. Hauck would have thrown him out of the building if he did something similar to griz players.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:02 pm

I think he deserves more ridicule not less.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:20 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:57 pm
Go Scats Go wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:35 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Yes, yes he does
Dude. You’re a troll going over to the rival board, you won’t even keep your normal name from eGriz, and if I remember correctly, you’re a bet welcher. You’re the worst of the worst. An embarrassment to your mother. Move on and get ready for another Grizzly loss.
Whatever...

CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

Grizlaw

Post by Grizlaw » Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:43 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:32 am
If that’s the case then posters who have Bobby living their heads rent free are living in your head rent free. 😋
It doesn’t end there, though. Clearly, the posters who pointed out that Bobby is living rent-free in the heads of certain other posters are living in your head rent-free. ;)

I work as an attorney so that I can afford good scotch, which helps me to forget that I work as an attorney.

autocat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by autocat » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:34 pm

No, No, No………. The only RENT FREE LIVING going on is THE GHOST OF TROY in hauck’s skull =D^

autocat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by autocat » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:38 pm

How much time will the griz waste this week preparing for TROY on offensive

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:52 pm

autocat wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:38 pm
Even more if we release some practice footage of Vigen talking with Troy in on offense.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:37 pm

Grizlaw wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:43 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:32 am
If that’s the case then posters who have Bobby living their heads rent free are living in your head rent free. 😋
It doesn’t end there, though. Clearly, the posters who pointed out that Bobby is living rent-free in the heads of certain other posters are living in your head rent-free. ;)
You’ll get no argument from me. Not only that but you can just apply that to all walks of life for me.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:50 am

autocat wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:38 pm
None, about 50% prepping for Tommy though

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.