Hauck vs. Stitt

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Hauck vs. Stitt

Post by iaafan » Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:16 am

Stitt went 21-14 while at UM with his signature win coming against then No. 1 NDSU in his first game. He made the playoffs once and won one game. Finished 1-2 vs. MSU.

Hauck is currently 23-11, excluding his two wins in 2020 (basically exhibition games), with a signature win vs. Washington. He's made the playoffs once and won one game. Is 0-2 vs. MSU.

I'd say the signature wins are about a toss up. Hauck has a slight edge in overall games, but Stitt has the edge in Cat-Griz games. Playoffs are even.

If Bobby doesn't make the playoffs or beat MSU, is he gone?

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Hauck vs. Stitt

Post by coloradocat » Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:08 am

iaafan wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:16 am
Stitt went 21-14 while at UM with his signature win coming against then No. 1 NDSU in his first game. He made the playoffs once and won one game. Finished 1-2 vs. MSU.

Hauck is currently 23-11, excluding his two wins in 2020 (basically exhibition games), with a signature win vs. Washington. He's made the playoffs once and won one game. Is 0-2 vs. MSU.

I'd say the signature wins are about a toss up. Hauck has a slight edge in overall games, but Stitt has the edge in Cat-Griz games. Playoffs are even.

Haven't you heard? Every player has been injured four times and missed 10 games each so far. It's not Bobbi's fault.

After he loses Cat-griz this year, if the team doesn't do any better next year and loses Cat-griz for the sixth year in a row then he's gone. Plus, the phantom tackler will have graduated by then so he probably won't be interested in coaching any more anyways.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:19 am

iaafan wrote:

That is a pretty interesting comparison. The way Griz fans talk, you wouldn’t realize that records are that close. At this point though, Bobby is not at risk. Stitt was an outsider. Bobby has major boosters supporting him in Missoula - whether the general public likes him or hates him. He could lose Cat Griz by 40 this year and still have a safe job this year. They will use every excuse in the book but specifically that he hasn’t had 4 full years. Heck, they brought this guy back after he burnt many bridges with his first exit. One of the reasons I have little respect for Griz fans is their worship of this guy who basically left the program with all kinds of issues.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:10 am

Cataholic wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:19 am
iaafan wrote:

That is a pretty interesting comparison. The way Griz fans talk, you wouldn’t realize that records are that close. At this point though, Bobby is not at risk. Stitt was an outsider. Bobby has major boosters supporting him in Missoula - whether the general public likes him or hates him. He could lose Cat Griz by 40 this year and still have a safe job this year. They will use every excuse in the book but specifically that he hasn’t had 4 full years. Heck, they brought this guy back after he burnt many bridges with his first exit. One of the reasons I have little respect for Griz fans is their worship of this guy who basically left the program with all kinds of issues.
Robby is just a junior, so I don't see them firing Bobby after this year regardless of how the last two games go. As for the comparison, if UM loses the next two (I don't think they'll lose to NAU. NAU lost both its starting and backup QBs to knee injuries vs. UCD) Hauck would be 23-13 and 0-3 vs. MSU, which in my opinion is worse than Stitt despite the overall record being slightly better. The NDSU win is better than the UW win. I think that NDSU team would roll UW.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

autocat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by autocat » Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:28 pm

If Carson Wentz doesn’t break his ankle/leg in the game UM-missoula doesn’t win against the Bison

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:55 pm

autocat wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:28 pm
If Carson Wentz doesn’t break his ankle/leg in the game UM-missoula doesn’t win against the Bison
If chickens were cows they would be bigger. If ifs were real they would be in the record books.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:17 pm

I think it would take a lot more than losing his last two games for them to even consider running him off. However, I think the chickens are coming home to roost on that guy. He's such a jackass I can't believe any kid would choose to play for him. Also, he has surrounded himself with a couple awful coaches. Brent Pease and Tim Rosenbaugh are almost bigger aholes than Hauck himself. I hope they keep him there so the cats can keep dragging his dick through the dirt.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:15 pm

When we win Cat/griz this year is that the spark to start turning some legacy griz over to our side? Generally kids who's parents went to one of the two schools go to the same school. That's why recruiting is generally fairly even between the two schools because we're really only competing for a handful of players at most each year.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:36 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:10 am
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:

Robby is just a junior, so I don't see them firing Bobby after this year regardless of how the last two games go. As for the comparison, if UM loses the next two (I don't think they'll lose to NAU. NAU lost both its starting and backup QBs to knee injuries vs. UCD) Hauck would be 23-13 and 0-3 vs. MSU, which in my opinion is worse than Stitt despite the overall record being slightly better. The NDSU win is better than the UW win. I think that NDSU team would roll UW.
No doubt? I hadn't heard that about NAU. So they'll be starting the 3rd string QB in what I would assume will be his first game ever? Is there a write up on this?

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:17 pm

catatac wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:36 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:10 am
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:

No doubt? I hadn't heard that about NAU. So they'll be starting the 3rd string QB in what I would assume will be his first game ever? Is there a write up on this?
Not sure if the 3rd stringer will start because I'm not sure how serious those injuries are. The third stringer is a grad transfer, so might not be too bad after a week getting the No. 1 reps.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:18 am

Taking a team that was below average and working to nearly a 70% winning rate keeps you as head coach. Now if he was on a downhill slide like Ash, different story.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:36 am

Street fight? Hauck.

Football coach? well, probably still Hauck.

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:49 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:18 am
Taking a team that was below average and working to nearly a 70% winning rate keeps you as head coach. Now if he was on a downhill slide like Ash, different story.
Bob Stitt got fired after going 7-4 overall and 5-3 in conference...tied for 6th in the conference

If the Cats win in the Brawl, the Griz finish 8-3, 5-3 in conference...tied for 5th.

I guess I don't see how that's taking a below average team and working up...looks like he took over a mid-tier BSC team and turned them into a...mid tier BSC team.

Of course, he looks a lot better if they win the brawl & finish 9-2, or 6-2 tied for 4th.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:53 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Have you ever met a Griz fan? They invented football. Nothing less than National championship is acceptable to them. AND Losing 5 times in a row to the Cats is one step short of complete failure to them.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:13 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:53 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Have you ever met a Griz fan? They invented football. Nothing less than National championship is acceptable to them. AND Losing 5 times in a row to the Cats is one step short of complete failure to them.
Can't wait for then to come up with a new saying, maybe something like Roll griz...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:46 pm

RickRund wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:13 pm
Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
Can't wait for then to come up with a new saying, maybe something like Roll griz...
What was that new greeting they were trying to get people to use? I can’t remember so it must not have ever caught on.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:44 pm

I think it's meant to be return to dominance, but it's really retain the dominance. Five straight wins is retaining the dominance.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:50 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:46 pm
RickRund wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
What was that new greeting they were trying to get people to use? I can’t remember so it must not have ever caught on.
I think its #overRTD

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:55 am

onceacat wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:50 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:46 pm
RickRund wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
I think its #overRTD
They actually created some phrase to say following any discussion regarding Griz football. Instead of simply saying Go Griz, it was a phrase like “fight on”. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: I am not sure if it lasted a year.

EDIT - I did a Google search on “Bobby Hauck fight on” and this came up. It does verify “fight on” and Griz fans were making fun of it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: It should also be noted that it is a 16 page thread about whether Bobby is on the hot seat.

https://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtop ... &p=1500418

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:40 am

Bobby is safe. They don’t have the money to fire and replace him, even if they wanted to fire him (and they don’t).

Bobby’s teams are better than Stitt’s teams. Arguably Stitt came into a better situation than Bobby did. They play hard, Bobby recruits well, they’re still going to be a good team, and that’s a good thing.