Hauck vs. Stitt

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Hauck vs. Stitt

Post by Catsrgrood » Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:44 pm

Hauck is 100% safe right now as far as next season goes.

If they lose to the Cats again this year, go something like 1-1 in the playoffs and then turn around and have a similar 3-4 loss season next year and lose to the Cats again for what would be the 4th straight for Bobbi, then I could see that seat being just the slightest bit warm.

I think outside of an absolute collapse, Hauck will be there as long as he wants to be. He’s probably untouchable for about 2 more seasons, only then do I see some pressure building IF they are at a 6 or 7 game losing streak to the Cats.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:40 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:40 am
Bobby is safe. They don’t have the money to fire and replace him, even if they wanted to fire him (and they don’t).

Bobby’s teams are better than Stitt’s teams. Arguably Stitt came into a better situation than Bobby did. They play hard, Bobby recruits well, they’re still going to be a good team, and that’s a good thing.
If you look at the current griz roster, every single household name came in under Stitt. Even his own kid didn’t make um his first choice. To Hauck’s credit, he’s done more with Stitt recruits than Stitt ever did.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:58 pm

Cledus wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:40 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Bobby is safe. They don’t have the money to fire and replace him, even if they wanted to fire him (and they don’t).

Bobby’s teams are better than Stitt’s teams. Arguably Stitt came into a better situation than Bobby did. They play hard, Bobby recruits well, they’re still going to be a good team, and that’s a good thing.
If you look at the current griz roster, every single household name came in under Stitt. Even his own kid didn’t make um his first choice. To Hauck’s credit, he’s done more with Stitt recruits than Stitt ever did.
How do you figure? Not a Stitt fan. Just don’t see an ounce of improvement under Hauck. You are what your record says you are. And the records say there’s not a whit of difference between Bobby S & Bobby H.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:38 pm

onceacat wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:58 pm
Cledus wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:

How do you figure? Not a Stitt fan. Just don’t see an ounce of improvement under Hauck. You are what your record says you are. And the records say there’s not a whit of difference between Bobby S & Bobby H.
I agree with you for the most part once. In the grand scheme of things, record is the ONLY thing that matters. It’s why you’re going to end up being right about Weber. You’ve been banging that drum, and maybe they are in fact not good.

But sports don’t work that effortlessly. Teams are in constant transitions, ebbing and flowing, evolving and regressing. So many factors play a part in every teams season.

If everything with every team was black and white, set in stone you’d be 100% correct. But sports don’t work that way.

I’m not a Hauck guy. I love the fact that griz fans think they have Nick Saban. I think they’re in for a rude awakening that it’s 2021, and not 2001. However, simply comparing his record to that of Stitt head to head without any other considerations I don’t believe is a testament of a coach.

But in the end you’re correct. If his record continues being that of Stitt, regardless of anything, he is what his record says he is.

For the record I’d love nothing more for his record to be equal or less than what’s Stitts was. :wink:

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:24 am

onceacat wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:58 pm
Cledus wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:

Go to gogriz.com and look at the rosters from 2018 and earlier and note the guys who are still on the team today. That’s true about the record, but BH did at least get Stitt’s guys to the quarterfinals in 2019.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.