Rolovich Terminated

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Rolo out at WSU

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:59 am

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:36 pm
onceacat wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:04 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:34 am
onceacat wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:52 am
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:56 am
onceacat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:47 pm
MTnative wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:25 pm
onceacat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:06 pm
MTnative wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:00 pm
onceacat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:43 pm

Bull spit. People are required to get vaccines all the time for their jobs. It’s a normal part of adulthood and has been for 200 years.

You should try serving in the military & then tell us about all the freedoms that are under attack because of the number of vaccines our men and women in uniform are required to take.

Grow up.

Rolovich quit on his players. They deserve better.
YGBSM.

If I had refused that smallpox vaccination when I went on active duty, would that have meant I "quit on my fellow airmen?"

Get out of here with that nonsense. You're preaching a completely false narrative.
Not sure what YGBSM means.

If you had refused the smallpox vaccine, you would have been discharged with other than honorable circumstances. And if it left your unit high and dry, like Rolovich quitting mid season, yes.
Your myopic view of the world, and leadership, is noted.

I personally know five people that have exemptions for that very vaccine. They're collecting retirement checks after 20 year careers.
Of course there are exemptions for medical and religious reasons. Rolovich didn't meet those standards. Presumably, the 5 people you know did. Big difference.
Rolovich was claiming a religious exemption.
And it was denied.
So your earlier statement is not correct. You claimed that all he needed was a religious exemption. He claimed a “religious exemption” and the state said “not good enough”. So to recap, in this instance, a religious exemption was not sufficient.

Now before you go and try to argue what a religious exemption is, I will ask you who has the power to make such a judgement? What if those people in power said that “we don’t recognize Catholicism as valid”? It is a slippery slope when government officials can say what is acceptable religion and what isn’t.

I hope Rolovoch sues the school for wrongful termination and gets a boatload of money. Whether you are for the vaccine or not, being vaccinated is not a physical requirement for a coaching position.
I would say that if the Church that Rolovich claims to be following is crystal clear that theres not a religious objection to the vaccine, it would be hard to win such a lawsuit.

Which, it turns out, the Catholic Church has been clear: There is no religious reason for a Catholic to refuse the vaccine.

Tough lawsuit on that one.
I wish everything in life was crystal clear. Heck, we can’t even agree if Weber is a legitimate top team in the Big Sky.

But you have been serving as “judge, jury and executioner” when looking at the Rolovich claim. Did you ever think that you might be missing some information that could benefit Rolovich in such litigation? The AD gave absolutely no details as to why he was not provided a religious exemption or accommodations. Yet you support his judgement without that information. Your position is largely based on your opinion regarding vaccines.

Did you realize that many religious exemptions were largely based on the churches view that vaccines that used fetal cells in research, testing or production should not be put into people’s bodies? Maybe you should evaluate all the facts before completely discounting Rolovich’s actions.

And for the record, I am pro-vaccine. However, I think people should have a right to choose what goes in their body. He is clearly capable of performing his coaching duties without the vaccine. And I am protected by the vaccine, so his actions have little to no effect on me.
From a legal perspective, you can't object to the fetal cell research side of the religious exemption if you have ever taken any of the following medication since they were developed with the same fetal cell research:
acetaminophen, albuterol, aspirin, ibuprofen, Tylenol, Pepto Bismol, Tums, Lipitor, Senokot, Motrin, Maalox, Ex-Lax, Benadryl, Sudafed, Preparation H, Claritin, Prilosec, and Zoloft

You can't legally argue that you're against a vaccine using fetal cell research back in the 70s if you use medications regularly that were developed using the exact same research. I'm not saying Rolovich has ever used any of those medications, but from a legal perspective if he has, he's probably out of luck.

Also, it's hard to use a religious exemption when the leader of your religion says it's your moral obligation to others to get vaccinated. The state's lawyers will tear that to shreds. @Grizlaw could maybe clarify if he would like, but I don't really see a legal argument in there...

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Rolovich Terminated

Post by onceacat » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:14 am

blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:34 am
Rolovich sues WSU for unlawful termination

https://theathletic.com/news/nick-rolov ... Cbcg8gTuX/

Article may be behind a paywall, but you get the gist
Yeah, WSU required employees to fill out a questionairre about their religious beliefs in order to obtain the exemption.

I think the states lawyers are going to have a field day with this one.

Atty: What is your religion?

NR: I'm Catholic.

Atty: Could you please read this statement from the Vatican regarding your moral obligation as a Catholic to be vaccinated?

NR:"I believe that morally everyone must take the vaccine,"

Judge: Case dismissed.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:34 am

onceacat wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:14 am
blueandgoldblitz wrote:

Yeah, WSU required employees to fill out a questionairre about their religious beliefs in order to obtain the exemption.

Atty: Could you please read this statement from the Vatican regarding your moral obligation as a Catholic to be vaccinated?

You sure seem hopeful he has no case. Do you have a dog in the fight? His lawyers must disagree with you.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:36 am

allcat wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:34 am
onceacat wrote:
blueandgoldblitz wrote:

You sure seem hopeful he has no case. Do you have a dog in the fight? His lawyers must disagree with you.
This is going to be my last post in this thread but his lawyers probably just want to bill him for 100s of hours and make money :-k :-s

GRIZFNZ
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by GRIZFNZ » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:39 am

onceacat wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:21 am
Cledus wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:41 am
The reality is nobody knows what the long-term effects of this vaccine are. So if someone doesn't want to take it then leave them alone. My body, my choice, right? Or are we all done with that?

There's a reason legitimate medical research takes years and why you don't just rush something to market: Thalidomide babies.

Thalidomide isn’t a vaccine. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Not only isn’t it a vaccine, women were never mandated to take it and thanks to the FDA it was never approved for use in the United States.

Cledus must not be aware that MSU alum Maurice Hillman helped develop a vaccine (in a mere 4 months) during the 1968 Hong Kong Flu pandemic.

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:13 am

GRIZFNZ wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:39 am
onceacat wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:21 am
Cledus wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:41 am
The reality is nobody knows what the long-term effects of this vaccine are. So if someone doesn't want to take it then leave them alone. My body, my choice, right? Or are we all done with that?

There's a reason legitimate medical research takes years and why you don't just rush something to market: Thalidomide babies.

Thalidomide isn’t a vaccine. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Not only isn’t it a vaccine, women were never mandated to take it and thanks to the FDA it was never approved for use in the United States.

Cledus must not be aware that MSU alum Maurice Hillman helped develop a vaccine (in a mere 4 months) during the 1968 Hong Kong Flu pandemic.
Also, I'm reasonably confident that Nick Rolovich ins't pregnant.

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:21 am

allcat wrote:
onceacat wrote:
blueandgoldblitz wrote:

Its nothing personal. But I'm tired of the supply chain disruptions, school shutdowns, kids having to wear masks, athletic events being cancelled, etc because people like Rolovich are too selfish to follow the doctrine of their Church...and instead engaging in pointless virtue signaling. Theres no "I" in team, but there sure is in "Nick Rolovich". (FWIW, its not a dog in the fight, but I don't like "leaders" who quit on their teams)

If I were a taxpayer in Washington, I'd be pissed that the highest paid employee in the state is engaging in activity that will likely cause him to miss significant coaching and game time. But not really my dog in that fight either.

His lawyers are going to be well compensated, win or lose. Thats the great thing about lawyers...they get paid regardless.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:00 am

onceacat wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:21 am
allcat wrote:
onceacat wrote:
blueandgoldblitz wrote:

Its nothing personal. But I'm tired of the supply chain disruptions, school shutdowns, kids having to wear masks, athletic events being cancelled, etc because people like Rolovich are too selfish to follow the doctrine of their Church...and instead engaging in pointless virtue signaling. Theres no "I" in team, but there sure is in "Nick Rolovich". (FWIW, its not a dog in the fight, but I don't like "leaders" who quit on their teams)

If I were a taxpayer in Washington, I'd be pissed that the highest paid employee in the state is engaging in activity that will likely cause him to miss significant coaching and game time. But not really my dog in that fight either.

His lawyers are going to be well compensated, win or lose. Thats the great thing about lawyers...they get paid regardless.
The lawyers getting paid assume he flat out hired them. If they think he has a case they took it on contingency. This also means that you hate 90 percent of both the Hispanic and Black communities. Once again, re-read your own posts. You sure come across as someone with a grudge, very hostile tone.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:03 am

Maybe he's had the virus. Actually, I just thought of another possibility - maybe he's had the virus RECENTLY. If that's the case, it is highly recommended (by pretty much all experts on both sides of the natural immunity versus vaccine debate I believe) that you DO NOT get the vaccine until a certain time frame has passed. It's not safe.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:09 am

catatac wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:03 am
Maybe he's had the virus. Actually, I just thought of another possibility - maybe he's had the virus RECENTLY. If that's the case, it is highly recommended (by pretty much all experts on both sides of the natural immunity versus vaccine debate I believe) that you DO NOT get the vaccine until a certain time frame has passed. It's not safe.
I think that has changed.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:09 am

catatac wrote:
Not true, the guidance now is that it's perfectly safe to get the vaccine once a person has recovered.

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:17 am

allcat wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:00 am
onceacat wrote:
allcat wrote:
onceacat wrote:
blueandgoldblitz wrote:

The lawyers getting paid assume he flat out hired them. If they think he has a case they took it on contingency. This also means that you hate 90 percent of both the Hispanic and Black communities. Once again, re-read your own posts. You sure come across as someone with a grudge, very hostile tone.
True, I don't know 100% that the attorneys didn't take this on contingency. But typically when multi-millionaires file lawsuits, they don't use lawyers on contingency. Thats borderline unheard of for attorneys to do that for the Uber-rich.

Yeah, I'm hostile. My kid is having to sacrifice his 3rd season of athletics because of snowflake virtue signalers like Rolovich. My supply chains are a mess, I can't get subs to work because they keep getting sick...yeah. I'm pretty hostile.

But hey, at least the lawyers get rich.

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:18 am

catatac wrote:
He doesn't seem to have made that case. Also, if he had the virus recently he would have missed games and/or significant practice time. So obviously he hasn't had it since at least the 1st of August.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:30 pm

onceacat wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:17 am
allcat wrote:
onceacat wrote:
allcat wrote:
onceacat wrote:
blueandgoldblitz wrote:

True, I don't know 100% that the attorneys didn't take this on contingency. But typically when multi-millionaires file lawsuits, they don't use lawyers on contingency. Thats borderline unheard of for attorneys to do that for the Uber-rich.

Yeah, I'm hostile. My kid is having to sacrifice his 3rd season of athletics because of snowflake virtue signalers like Rolovich. My supply chains are a mess, I can't get subs to work because they keep getting sick...yeah. I'm pretty hostile.

Im curious, do you wear a mask on every interaction with others. Including those subs? Do you ever go to the grocery store without one?

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:35 pm

onceacat wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:17 am
allcat wrote:
onceacat wrote:
allcat wrote:
onceacat wrote:
blueandgoldblitz wrote:

Thank you for clarifying that that you do have an agenda here. Then people can take what you say with that in mind. And didn’t you say that an attorney will never take this case? Strike two…

And seriously man. Your hospitality for all of these issues is a far overreach. For example, the supply crisis is not about the vaccine. It is because we can’t get people to work. That is due to many factors such as providing increased unemployment benefits. Now we are terminating people because they won’t get vaccinated. That is a political agenda that has hampered this country.

Just a quick question, but are your subs vaccinated? If they are, why do they keep getting sick? Are they constantly being exposed to non-vaccinated folks? Since vaccinated folks are getting sick, how could you possibly determine that this is strictly due to non-vaccinated people?

And to call someone a snowflake virtue signaler because he believes in his position is somewhat hypocritical.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:02 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:09 am
catatac wrote:
Not true, the guidance now is that it's perfectly safe to get the vaccine once a person has recovered.
Interesting. I hadn't heard that. When did that come out?

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:38 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:02 pm
MSU01 wrote:
catatac wrote:
I think the issue was always for the safety of the pharmacy giving the shot, unless you’ve been treated with monoclonal antibodies, in which case there are recommendations to wait 90 days.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:25 pm

onceacat wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:38 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
MSU01 wrote:
catatac wrote:
I think the issue was always for the safety of the pharmacy giving the shot, unless you’ve been treated with monoclonal antibodies, in which case there are recommendations to wait 90 days.
That makes sense.

I was wondering the same the as catatac. But I’m not sure how that would work with a religious exemption.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:00 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
MSU01 wrote:
catatac wrote:
I'm not sure when it happened, but CDC guidance is now that a person can get vaccinated safely once they are symptom-free and otherwise meet the guidelines for resuming normal activities.

FYI
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by FYI » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:06 pm

:unsure: Way back up there there was talk of perhaps Choate being a candidate for the WSU job. Is Mrs. Choate even in Texas yet? 8-[