Rolovich Terminated

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Rolo out at WSU

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:48 pm

GoldstoneCat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:07 pm
Choate would be a great hire, of course. I hope he gets it; still think sark's fate is to be fired because Texas sucks and is headed into a league with Alabama, Georgia, Lsu, a&m, plus the lane kiffin show and a Tennessee program that's likely rising. Texas is an also-ran.
Vaccine mandates are not new, they're not tyrannical, they've been part of our society and our economy for years. Can't go to school, college, most anywhere without proof of vaccination for myriad diseases. Nonsense to claim otherwise, the fact that a vaccine has become a partisan issue is peak 21st century us. We should be done with covid and have built statues to the scientists by now but here we are in good ol Montana, calling up the guard because?? :roll:
Vaccines used to be called “life-saving.” My mom was a polio survivor, fortunately leaving her with “only” a weak leg. She was thrilled when my grade school had a polio vaccination clinic, because it relieved one of the big fears of a baby-boom parent. I felt the same way when the Moderna covid vaccine was offered here. At last, we could put that fear behind us and safely resume life. So, to my feeble brain, it’s all a head-scratcher. If Nick Rolovich came forward and spoke publicly about his stand, I’ve not heard it. I’d like to hear him speak to it because, as I tried to state earlier but did not word well, he must have pretty strong personal convictions about getting vaccinated to give up a lifetime income.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:09 am

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:48 pm
GoldstoneCat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:07 pm
Choate would be a great hire, of course. I hope he gets it; still think sark's fate is to be fired because Texas sucks and is headed into a league with Alabama, Georgia, Lsu, a&m, plus the lane kiffin show and a Tennessee program that's likely rising. Texas is an also-ran.
Vaccine mandates are not new, they're not tyrannical, they've been part of our society and our economy for years. Can't go to school, college, most anywhere without proof of vaccination for myriad diseases. Nonsense to claim otherwise, the fact that a vaccine has become a partisan issue is peak 21st century us. We should be done with covid and have built statues to the scientists by now but here we are in good ol Montana, calling up the guard because?? :roll:
Vaccines used to be called “life-saving.” My mom was a polio survivor, fortunately leaving her with “only” a weak leg. She was thrilled when my grade school had a polio vaccination clinic, because it relieved one of the big fears of a baby-boom parent. I felt the same way when the Moderna covid vaccine was offered here. At last, we could put that fear behind us and safely resume life. So, to my feeble brain, it’s all a head-scratcher. If Nick Rolovich came forward and spoke publicly about his stand, I’ve not heard it. I’d like to hear him speak to it because, as I tried to state earlier but did not word well, he must have pretty strong personal convictions about getting vaccinated to give up a lifetime income.
Yes, obviously he does have strong convictions on vaccination. What that is based on I've not heard. Someone mentioned that "natural antibodies" are just as good or better than a vaccine. Okay, did/does he have antibodies because he survived a bout of CV19? If so, he should be free to coach IMO. But, if he doesn't, his responsibility as a coach is to his team, his institution that hired him, his state and nation. If, as he has done, he refuses to not get it for whatever reason, he must step down. Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

I remember, I was a freshman at MSU in 1976 and H1N1 was making the rounds so we all were told to report to the field house, stand in line and get the shot. We did...no complaints, glad to have it, and easily enjoyed the remainder of my life to date. We're living in an age where the death of the collective conscience has taken hold and "I don't care...it's about me" has taken strong root. Take a stand, okay, but live with it and the consequences either way!

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Re: Rolovich Terminated

Post by catsrback76 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:51 am

GoldstoneCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GoldstoneCat » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:23 am

Reading through this thread a little more, i still think the arguments against getting the covid vaccine are exceedingly weak, especially the natural immunity argument. According to the Nebraska school of medicine:
-One-third of covid infections provide no protective antibodies
- natural immunity fades faster than that from the vaccine
- natural immunity alone is less than half as effective as natural+vaccination.
The Israeli study on natural immunity was full of errors. This actually does get to a problem of our time, though, one that has reared up a lot regarding covid and given people tons of reasons to be confused: science and information changing in real-time. We share information so quickly now that most of the population heard fauci say early on that masks weren't going to be necessary, and had that as the baseline when we learned more about the level of transmissibility and the speed at which it was going to race through the population, which made masks an indicated public health tool a couple months later. Israel puts out a study touting natural immunity; later most other studies show it fading way faster than that induced by a vaccine. It's legitimately confusing even for those following along trying to make the best decisions for their family, and it really provides ammo for those looking to back their political position. Somewhere along the way there's been a fact to cherry-pick for every occasion.
Anyway, back to the topic, hoping for choate at wsu, he got jobbed at boise imo.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:40 am

GoldstoneCat wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:23 am
Reading through this thread a little more, i still think the arguments against getting the covid vaccine are exceedingly weak, especially the natural immunity argument. According to the Nebraska school of medicine:
The Israeli study on natural immunity was full of errors. This actually does get to a problem of our time, though, one that has reared up a lot regarding covid and given people tons of reasons to be confused: science and information changing in real-time. We share information so quickly now that most of the population heard fauci say early on that masks weren't going to be necessary, and had that as the baseline when we learned more about the level of transmissibility and the speed at which it was going to race through the population, which made masks an indicated public health tool a couple months later. Israel puts out a study touting natural immunity; later most other studies show it fading way faster than that induced by a vaccine. It's legitimately confusing even for those following along trying to make the best decisions for their family, and it really provides ammo for those looking to back their political position. Somewhere along the way there's been a fact to cherry-pick for every occasion.
Anyway, back to the topic, hoping for choate at wsu, he got jobbed at boise imo.
I guess it depends on your source and what you "want" to believe based on your political point of view.

Project Veritas has a guy from big Pharma admitting on hidden camera that people with natural immunity have more anti bodies than vaxxed people.
Here's an article that says the same thing, though they still recommend the vax.
https://www.science.org/content/article ... ains-vital

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:47 am

You've probably seen this as well, but just in case...

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:19 am

onceacat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:38 pm
Ed Ogeron got fired for hitting on a boosters wife. So an employer requiring an employee to take the best tested vaccine in history to ensure that the coaching staff doesn't miss games due to a preventable illness seems like a far more reasonable firable offense.
Pregnant booster's wife! :lol:

If you don't want to follow your employer's rules (whether you shouldn't hit on a booster's wife or you need to get vaccinated) go get another job.

Everyone has the right to work, to free choice of employment, so go get another "fair" job!

Better not collect unemployment either! :wink:

GoldstoneCat

Post by GoldstoneCat » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:32 am

91catAlum wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:40 am
GoldstoneCat wrote:
I guess it depends on your source and what you "want" to believe based on your political point of view.

Project Veritas has a guy from big Pharma admitting on hidden camera that people with natural immunity have more anti bodies than vaxxed people.
Here's an article that says the same thing, though they still recommend the vax.
That's the same study i referenced. Literally. It's not correct. And citing anything from convicted fraudster James O'Keefe really doesn't help your argument. Project Veritas bribes people to say what they need them to, that's not me, that's been proven to have happened. Thanks for making my point for me, though, disinfo and misinfo is so readily available for those looking for it.

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:04 am

GoldstoneCat wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:32 am
91catAlum wrote:
GoldstoneCat wrote:

That's the same study i referenced. Literally. It's not correct. And citing anything from convicted fraudster James O'Keefe really doesn't help your argument. Project Veritas bribes people to say what they need them to, that's not me, that's been proven to have happened. Thanks for making my point for me, though, disinfo and misinfo is so readily available for those looking for it.
Some people want so badly for their tribe to be correct that they are willing to go to great lengths to bury their heads in the sand. I can’t for the life of me process why anyone would still take project veritable seriously, let alone be a willing dupe in spreading their propaganda.

And then to pretend like the science is “confusing”

It’s a lot less confusing if you turn off the propos from know liars, charlatans and grifters.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:27 am

onceacat wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:04 am
GoldstoneCat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
GoldstoneCat wrote:

Some people want so badly for their tribe to be correct that they are willing to go to great lengths to bury their heads in the sand. I can’t for the life of me process why anyone would still take project veritable seriously, let alone be a willing dupe in spreading their propaganda.

It’s a lot less confusing if you turn off the propos from know liars, charlatans and grifters.
Has nothing to do with that. Like I said, I'm vaxxed. But folks like you love to throw me into the anti-vax "tribe" because thats easier for you.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:31 am

GoldstoneCat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
GoldstoneCat wrote:

Like I said - depends on the source we all choose to believe. If you lean left, you dismiss anything Veritas does out-of-hand, or anything reported by Fox News, while accepting as closer-to-fact anything reported on CNN. It goes the other way for those of us who lean right.
And the pharma guy was not bribed to say what he said. He ran away when they revealed themselves to him.
He didn't defend himself or say "you tricked me" or anything like that.

The bottom line is this: If you've recovered from COVID, you DO have the anti-bodies. Thats how our immune system works. If you want to reject this scentific fact, that is your choice.
Last edited by 91catAlum on Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by arvcat2 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:32 am

For the “greater good”, show me zee papers (soon to be QR code) to:

Go to school
Have a job (members of congress & staff exempted)
Go to the store
Eat out at a restaurant
Travel anywhere
Have health insurance
Obtain medical treatment
Serve in the military
Be eligible for Federal grants & benefits
And on and on

All for a virus with a mortality rate of some fraction of 1%. Yeah onceacat, individual freedom is selfish & irrelevant. It's called a slippery slop and look at China and, amazingly, Australia for the model (if you can get through the media sensors).

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:41 am

The reality is nobody knows what the long-term effects of this vaccine are. So if someone doesn't want to take it then leave them alone. My body, my choice, right? Or are we all done with that?

There's a reason legitimate medical research takes years and why you don't just rush something to market: Thalidomide babies.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:54 am

Cledus wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:41 am
The reality is nobody knows what the long-term effects of this vaccine are. So if someone doesn't want to take it then leave them alone. My body, my choice, right? Or are we all done with that?

There's a reason legitimate medical research takes years and why you don't just rush something to market: Thalidomide babies.

Wrong, only your choice if you choose wisely. I volunteer to be this wisdom tsar.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:13 am

arvcat2 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:32 am
For the “greater good”, show me zee papers (soon to be QR code) to:

Go to school
Have a job (members of congress & staff exempted)
Go to the store
Eat out at a restaurant
Travel anywhere
Have health insurance
Obtain medical treatment
Serve in the military
Be eligible for Federal grants & benefits
And on and on

All for a virus with a mortality rate of some fraction of 1%. Yeah onceacat, individual freedom is selfish & irrelevant. It's called a slippery slop and look at China and, amazingly, Australia for the model (if you can get through the media sensors).
Dude, you’ve literally had to show proof of vaccination to go to school, travel, or serve in the military for generations.

For reference, the fatality rate for polio was 2%. The fatality rate for measles was .01%. Rubella was 3%. And we all had to “show our papers” to go to school 50 years ago. But all of a sudden, now it’s a culture war issue.

I don’t know what to tell you. This is nothing new, it’s been going on for at least 250 years. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:21 am

Cledus wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:41 am

Thalidomide isn’t a vaccine. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

GoldstoneCat

Post by GoldstoneCat » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:26 am

onceacat wrote:
GoldstoneCat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
GoldstoneCat wrote:

One, i never said you were anti-vax, simply that your information is wrong and that James okeefe and veritas have zero, nil, no credibility to be cited. They're the onion without the sarcasm.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytime ... r.amp.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox9.c ... -bribe.amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thegua ... d-by-trump

They just invent things. Not my opinion. And again, never said you were an anti-vaxxer, don't particularity care, but i did say you were posting disinfo. Seems like I've been right on that point so far.

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:53 am

GoldstoneCat wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:26 am
onceacat wrote:
GoldstoneCat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
GoldstoneCat wrote:

One, i never said you were anti-vax, simply that your information is wrong and that James okeefe and veritas have zero, nil, no credibility to be cited. They're the onion without the sarcasm.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytime ... r.amp.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox9.c ... -bribe.amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thegua ... d-by-trump

They just invent things. Not my opinion. And again, never said you were an anti-vaxxer, don't particularity care, but i did say you were posting disinfo. Seems like I've been right on that point so far.
Just to add to this, I think this is a good explanation of vaccine vs. natural immunity.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2021/10 ... YNgB50s9ZA

GO CATS GO!!!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:56 am

onceacat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:47 pm
MTnative wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:25 pm
onceacat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:06 pm
MTnative wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:00 pm
onceacat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:43 pm
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:39 pm
It’s a sad day in America. Firing people because they are unvaccinated is ******. Freedoms are under attack and it’s absolutely nuts people are just falling in line with it. I’m glad he stood his ground and didn’t cave. That ****** of a state isn’t gonna have any cops to fight off the fruity liberals when they burn down their own towns and cities. It’s almost comical because states like Washington, Oregon, California are gonna eat themselves and they don’t even know it. What a bunch of sheep marching one by one to the cliff.
Bull spit. People are required to get vaccines all the time for their jobs. It’s a normal part of adulthood and has been for 200 years.

You should try serving in the military & then tell us about all the freedoms that are under attack because of the number of vaccines our men and women in uniform are required to take.

Grow up.

Rolovich quit on his players. They deserve better.
YGBSM.

If I had refused that smallpox vaccination when I went on active duty, would that have meant I "quit on my fellow airmen?"

Get out of here with that nonsense. You're preaching a completely false narrative.
Not sure what YGBSM means.

If you had refused the smallpox vaccine, you would have been discharged with other than honorable circumstances. And if it left your unit high and dry, like Rolovich quitting mid season, yes.
Your myopic view of the world, and leadership, is noted.

I personally know five people that have exemptions for that very vaccine. They're collecting retirement checks after 20 year careers.
Of course there are exemptions for medical and religious reasons. Rolovich didn't meet those standards. Presumably, the 5 people you know did. Big difference.
Rolovich was claiming a religious exemption.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:12 am

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:56 am
onceacat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:47 pm
MTnative wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:25 pm
onceacat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:06 pm
MTnative wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:00 pm
onceacat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:43 pm
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:39 pm
It’s a sad day in America. Firing people because they are unvaccinated is ******. Freedoms are under attack and it’s absolutely nuts people are just falling in line with it. I’m glad he stood his ground and didn’t cave. That ****** of a state isn’t gonna have any cops to fight off the fruity liberals when they burn down their own towns and cities. It’s almost comical because states like Washington, Oregon, California are gonna eat themselves and they don’t even know it. What a bunch of sheep marching one by one to the cliff.
Bull spit. People are required to get vaccines all the time for their jobs. It’s a normal part of adulthood and has been for 200 years.

You should try serving in the military & then tell us about all the freedoms that are under attack because of the number of vaccines our men and women in uniform are required to take.

Grow up.

Rolovich quit on his players. They deserve better.
YGBSM.

If I had refused that smallpox vaccination when I went on active duty, would that have meant I "quit on my fellow airmen?"

Get out of here with that nonsense. You're preaching a completely false narrative.
Not sure what YGBSM means.

If you had refused the smallpox vaccine, you would have been discharged with other than honorable circumstances. And if it left your unit high and dry, like Rolovich quitting mid season, yes.
Your myopic view of the world, and leadership, is noted.

I personally know five people that have exemptions for that very vaccine. They're collecting retirement checks after 20 year careers.
Of course there are exemptions for medical and religious reasons. Rolovich didn't meet those standards. Presumably, the 5 people you know did. Big difference.
Rolovich was claiming a religious exemption.
In Washington of all places. He had no chance.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!