Poooooooooooooooooooo

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Re: Poooooooooooooooooooo

Post by The Butcher » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:06 am

seataccat wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:11 pm
Yes, this is well said. It is so satisfying to see them brought down a peg or two. From Hauck all the way down to the arrogant fans. After all the crap they have dealt over the years I hope they lose every game. They will still probably make the playoffs but they are a real longshot to win the conference and that is nice.
From the looks of it the griz only have one more tough game (on paper). I would suspect they make the playoffs with a first round bye. My preference would be they lose every last game of the season, but I don't expect that unfortunately.

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:28 am

Montanabob wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:23 pm
onceacat wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:31 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:13 pm
RickRund wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:00 pm
iaafan wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:47 pm
I've been saying it since they hired him back. Hauck is not the right man for the job there. What happens if he loses to MSU again? I don't think a UM coach has lost three straight to MSU since maybe Donovan.

If they don't show marked improvement, they might lose at Idaho this week and at NAU down the road. Since returning they have two big wins. Weber State in 2019 at home (a game WSU was completely banged up and sat a bunch of players; they then lost to them a few weeks later in Ogden) and UW, which is proving to have been not much of an upset. The Huskies are now 2-4 with one win over Ark. State, which has no wins over FBS opponents this year and is 1-5.
I don't know how to bolden, highlight words, sentences. But back to "um coach has not lost three straight to MSU", over on that other site one poster said something about bobbie has not been able to bring in his own players yet. That he is still using stitt's recruits. Isn't it now 4 years since stitt left. I think a seven year plan was mentioned to allow hauck to build his team. Don't think I read it wrong. Someone is delusional over there...
Stitt was fired 2 days after Cat griz 2017. Boobie was hired in December I believe.
So it's been just a bit less than 4 years.
"Do coaches get a free year of eligibility for the 2020 Covid year? Asking for my dad"

Robbie H., Missoula
There, I fixed it for you.
Careful, or they’ll credit him with 2 tackles & a PBU. :D

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:57 am

iaafan wrote:
I've been saying it since they hired him back. Hauck is not the right man for the job there. What happens if he loses to MSU again? I don't think a UM coach has lost three straight to MSU since maybe Donovan.

If they don't show marked improvement, they might lose at Idaho this week and at NAU down the road. Since returning they have two big wins. Weber State in 2019 at home (a game WSU was completely banged up and sat a bunch of players; they then lost to them a few weeks later in Ogden) and UW, which is proving to have been not much of an upset. The Huskies are now 2-4 with one win over Ark. State, which has no wins over FBS opponents this year and is 1-5.
@UI @UNC and @NAU they will lose at least one of those games, UI sees it as a rivalry game, UNC has talented players and is better at home, NAU is always a tough place to play.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:02 am

cats2506 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:57 am
iaafan wrote:

@UI @UNC and @NAU they will lose at least one of those games, UI sees it as a rivalry game, UNC has talented players and is better at home, NAU is always a tough place to play.
That's also Senior Day at NAU and Missoula might be looking ahead to Cat-griz.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:10 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:02 am
No no no. Only MSU looks ahead to Cat-griz, remember?! :lol:

GO CATS GO!!!

Prodigal Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Prodigal Cat » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:34 pm

HEY!!! fun fact.

Did you know that the griz have the same number of conference wins as the other Bears. Yep, UM and UNC each only have one conference win midway through October. Happy Monday!!!

Brewer/Owner Copper Furrow Brewing

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:39 pm

Prodigal Cat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:34 pm
HEY!!! fun fact.

Did you know that the griz have the same number of conference wins as the other Bears. Yep, UM and UNC each only have one conference win midway through October. Happy Monday!!!
:lol:

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:41 pm

Prodigal Cat wrote:
HEY!!! fun fact.

RTD! :lol: :lol: :lol:

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:56 pm

coloradocat wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
iaafan wrote:

NAU is at 7000 ft. And it’s almost always brutal for teams to go from 3000 ft to 7000…I’d take NAU to cover the spread.

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:25 pm

onceacat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:56 pm
coloradocat wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
iaafan wrote:

NAU is at 7000 ft. And it’s almost always brutal for teams to go from 3000 ft to 7000…I’d take NAU to cover the spread.
Our players didn't seem to have a problem with the elevation in Laramie.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:50 pm

Prodigal Cat wrote:
HEY!!! fun fact.

They're looking up at Portland State in the league standings.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:51 pm

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

Pecos24
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Pecos24 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:56 pm

:-D =D^
Cledus wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:51 pm

Bill Zander
CS '93
AKA - "F'n sorry ass"

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:40 pm

onceacat wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:26 pm
seataccat wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:11 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:57 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:44 pm
I know we have to hope Sac loses a game or two now, but it still just makes my day to see the griz lose this game.

Today really seemed to sum up that football program. I just saw so much chest thumping today about that 2001 team from friends and on social media. And don't get me wrong--that group should be celebrated--but griz fans (and I believe the whole program) are hanging their hat on the past. There seems to be this assumption that this dynasty will be rebuilt no problem because of what they've done in the past. This schtick of RTD and their general arrogance is just so funny to watch. Hauck still hasn't built anything anywhere he's been. He's done a good job, but he came in after Joe Glenn's success the first time around. This time he's done a nice job, but it's just not an automatic thing just because this is um and they have a great stadium. I talked to two different griz fans last night at a party as they were making fun of the Bobcats for only scoring 13 points at Weber. One said "we're banged up but we shouldn't have a problem stopping Sac St" and the other one said "our D is the best in the country. Tomorrow is going to be fun".
Very well said.
Yes, this is well said. It is so satisfying to see them brought down a peg or two. From Hauck all the way down to the arrogant fans. After all the crap they have dealt over the years I hope they lose every game. They will still probably make the playoffs but they are a real longshot to win the conference and that is nice.
It’s going to be interesting to see how everything shakes out in other conferences. They become a bubble team at 8-3 if the Cats beat them.
As much as I'd love to see the Griz miss the playoffs, I don't believe they're a bubble team at 8-3...they'll definitely make the playoffs at 5-3/8-3. Normally, I think they'd be a lock to make the field even at 7-4, but if they finished only 4-4 in conference, it might be tough to pick them, when they'd be looking up at 5 or 6 teams in the BSC standings. That win over U-Dub looked pretty impressive at the time when they were ranked #20, but it has lost some of its lustre as the Huskies have struggled all season. Sagarin has then at #52 now. and they probably don't even deserve to be ranked that high.

Any FCS win over a Power 5 conference team will still carry a lot of weight with the selection committee though. Almost certainly, MSU wouldn't have made the playoffs in 2006 at 7-4 (only 16 teams made the field back then), if not for the fact that one of those wins was over Colorado. Actually, the circumstances are somewhat similar. Colorado had played in the Big 12 title game in 2005, so that win looked a bit more impressive at the beginning of the season, before they stumbled to a 2-10 record in 2006. It still looked pretty good on our resume though, when it came time to choosing the playoff field that year.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:43 pm

seataccat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:25 pm
onceacat wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
iaafan wrote:

Bozeman (MSU campus) to Laramie -- 4,900 to 7,200...2,300
Missoula to Flagstaff -- 3,200 to 6,900...3,700

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:48 pm

seataccat wrote:
onceacat wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
iaafan wrote:

You mean the game we lost by giving up a score in the final minute?

You might want to rethink what you just said.

seataccat

Post by seataccat » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:08 pm

onceacat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:48 pm
seataccat wrote:
onceacat wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
iaafan wrote:

I don't believe it had anything to do with that.

Voltaire

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatBot » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:11 pm

seataccat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:08 pm
onceacat wrote:
seataccat wrote:
onceacat wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
iaafan wrote:

You must have been watching a different game. Our D was hands-on-hips gassed at the end and we couldn't make a stop to win the game.

As for the grizz, this is a terrible game to play on the road the week before the Brawl. 'Good-NAU' just might show up and this could be a dogfight. I'm hoping for a triple OT type game. Not sure I even care who wins.

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:36 pm

seataccat wrote:
onceacat wrote:
seataccat wrote:
onceacat wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
iaafan wrote:

Obviously, you’ve never competed or coached high level athletics. Every single trainer in the country will tell you that performance decreases with an 3000 ft change in altitude.

But hey. There are probably lots of other reasons the D was so gassed they gave up 16 points in the 4th quarter. And that the offense fell apart at the same time.

seataccat

Post by seataccat » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:54 pm

onceacat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:36 pm
seataccat wrote:
onceacat wrote:
seataccat wrote:
onceacat wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
iaafan wrote:

Obviously, you’ve never competed or coached high level athletics. Every single trainer in the country will tell you that performance decreases with an 3000 ft change in altitude.

But hey. There are probably lots of other reasons the D was so gassed they gave up 16 points in the 4th quarter. And that the offense fell apart at the same time.
Quite certain I've competed at a higher level than you have. I've also spent a lot of time at elevation. I know that a couple thousand feet if your below 10,000 makes little difference, especially after 24 hours.

Voltaire