Poooooooooooooooooooo

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Poooooooooooooooooooo

Post by wbtfg » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:26 pm

rrrrrrrr grizzlies

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Re: Poooooooooooooooooooo

Post by RickRund » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:29 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:26 pm
rrrrrrrr grizzlies
Please be kind to the griz. I am sure they will be onsite soon to apologize for talking mean :lol: :lol: :lol:

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:36 pm

I am sure I read on that site to the west that they have the best linebacking crew in FCS. And some of the others there totally disagreed.

msubobcats@outlook.com

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:41 pm

Losing a quarterback is tough, no matter how you cut it. That slowed them all game, but Sac State and head coach Troy Taylor (offensive guru) solved their defense pretty well, using two quarterbacks, to go 7-0 against FCS teams on the road.

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:44 pm

I know we have to hope Sac loses a game or two now, but it still just makes my day to see the griz lose this game.

Today really seemed to sum up that football program. I just saw so much chest thumping today about that 2001 team from friends and on social media. And don't get me wrong--that group should be celebrated--but griz fans (and I believe the whole program) are hanging their hat on the past. There seems to be this assumption that this dynasty will be rebuilt no problem because of what they've done in the past. This schtick of RTD and their general arrogance is just so funny to watch. Hauck still hasn't built anything anywhere he's been. He's done a good job, but he came in after Joe Glenn's success the first time around. This time he's done a nice job, but it's just not an automatic thing just because this is um and they have a great stadium. I talked to two different griz fans last night at a party as they were making fun of the Bobcats for only scoring 13 points at Weber. One said "we're banged up but we shouldn't have a problem stopping Sac St" and the other one said "our D is the best in the country. Tomorrow is going to be fun".

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:57 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:44 pm
I know we have to hope Sac loses a game or two now, but it still just makes my day to see the griz lose this game.

Today really seemed to sum up that football program. I just saw so much chest thumping today about that 2001 team from friends and on social media. And don't get me wrong--that group should be celebrated--but griz fans (and I believe the whole program) are hanging their hat on the past. There seems to be this assumption that this dynasty will be rebuilt no problem because of what they've done in the past. This schtick of RTD and their general arrogance is just so funny to watch. Hauck still hasn't built anything anywhere he's been. He's done a good job, but he came in after Joe Glenn's success the first time around. This time he's done a nice job, but it's just not an automatic thing just because this is um and they have a great stadium. I talked to two different griz fans last night at a party as they were making fun of the Bobcats for only scoring 13 points at Weber. One said "we're banged up but we shouldn't have a problem stopping Sac St" and the other one said "our D is the best in the country. Tomorrow is going to be fun".
Very well said.

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:59 pm

Griz defense gave up 456 yards, 28 points. The best defense in the Big Sky……I don’t think so.

Punters are people too!!

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:03 pm

Griz should not feel bad, they are tied with Weber State, Portland State, Idaho State, UNCU, and Idaho..... and they still have Monte (although I hear he's not very energetic this year.)

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

vike_king

Post by vike_king » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:08 pm

But, I am sure Robbie had 18 tackles....

Chester, MT/ Helena, MT

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:11 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:57 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:

Very well said.
Yes, this is well said. It is so satisfying to see them brought down a peg or two. From Hauck all the way down to the arrogant fans. After all the crap they have dealt over the years I hope they lose every game. They will still probably make the playoffs but they are a real longshot to win the conference and that is nice.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:12 pm

Rich K wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:03 pm
Griz should not feel bad, they are tied with Weber State, Portland State, Idaho State, UNCU, and Idaho..... and they still have Monte (although I hear he's not very energetic this year.)
When the day is over, they’ll have to look up to see Portland State in the standings.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:18 pm

wbtfg wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:

Very well said.
As commented before, I know I read over there that they have the best linebacking crew in FCS. A couple are saying this is the year for a natty. There are a few over there not looking through dark pink tinted glasses though...

msubobcats@outlook.com

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:23 pm

Of course now they will claim that Sac State is a top 10 team. Maybe top 10 in the BSC. Maybe.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

sdsyvie
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by sdsyvie » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:17 pm

Speaking of haucks arrogance, anyone catch his brief past 1st half commentary

The reporter said something like, you're down 14-6, if you had scored touchdowns you would be tied

Hauck replies "wow congrats. You can do math"

I realize reporter's can be obnoxious, but still douchey

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:21 pm

sdsyvie wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:17 pm
Speaking of haucks arrogance, anyone catch his brief past 1st half commentary

The reporter said something like, you're down 14-6, if you had scored touchdowns you would be tied

Hauck replies "wow congrats. You can do math"

I realize reporter's can be obnoxious, but still douchey
Total douche. Sore loser. So many negative words to describe him. And he looks like Beavis…. Or is it Butthead?

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:26 pm

seataccat wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:11 pm
wbtfg wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:

Very well said.
Yes, this is well said. It is so satisfying to see them brought down a peg or two. From Hauck all the way down to the arrogant fans. After all the crap they have dealt over the years I hope they lose every game. They will still probably make the playoffs but they are a real longshot to win the conference and that is nice.
It’s going to be interesting to see how everything shakes out in other conferences. They become a bubble team at 8-3 if the Cats beat them.

catgrad05
Member # Retired

Post by catgrad05 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:24 pm

onceacat wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:26 pm
seataccat wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:

Very well said.
It’s going to be interesting to see how everything shakes out in other conferences. They become a bubble team at 8-3 if the Cats beat them.
I actually think Idaho has an above decent chance to beat them next week in Idaho

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:44 pm

catgrad05 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:24 pm
onceacat wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:26 pm
seataccat wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:

Very well said.
I actually think Idaho has an above decent chance to beat them next week in Idaho
Yeah, I agree. They’re on the verge of completely throwing in the towel on the season.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:01 pm

NCAA.COM has the score of the Sac state vs. UM game as 28 - 27 final so I guess inflating Robbie's tackles isn't the only thing inflated at UM.

As we all know the actual score was 28 -21

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatBot » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:26 pm

Pretty sure Bobby prepared for Dotson all week.