FCS Big Sky

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: FCS Big Sky

Post by allcat » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:53 am

RickRund wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:18 am
It would just be better for the CATS when we would beat Sac in the playoffs.
I like the optimism of no losses. I'm hopeful for the same, just wanna see a bunch of 1 lossers looking up at us.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:50 pm

BozoneCat wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:13 pm
CatBot wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:08 pm
Here's a litmus test for Cat fans. Who do you want to win this weekend: dUMb or SAC? Before you answer, look at SAC's remaining schedule and ask yourself if you think they could actually go 8-0. If you think they have no chance in Missoula this weekend, then you're simply not paying attention.
Dotson for SSU just quit football. I don't think Suck State is going anywhere without him. But I'd love to see them take down the griz in his honor this weekend!
I have a hunch they give the Griz a game, even without Dotson. Sac seems to have played well the last couple games and the Griz did not. They're dinged up pretty bad. Side note - I see Munchie let Sac in tackles when they played Southern Utah. Still wish he wouldn't have left, but we are pretty damn good and deep in the secondary.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:53 pm

allcat wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:53 am
RickRund wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:18 am
It would just be better for the CATS when we would beat Sac in the playoffs.
I like the optimism of no losses. I'm hopeful for the same, just wanna see a bunch of 1 lossers looking up at us.
And even a 3 losser "wink" "wink" "cough" "cough" :D

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:17 pm

catatac wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:50 pm
BozoneCat wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:13 pm
CatBot wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:08 pm
Here's a litmus test for Cat fans. Who do you want to win this weekend: dUMb or SAC? Before you answer, look at SAC's remaining schedule and ask yourself if you think they could actually go 8-0. If you think they have no chance in Missoula this weekend, then you're simply not paying attention.
Dotson for SSU just quit football. I don't think Suck State is going anywhere without him. But I'd love to see them take down the griz in his honor this weekend!
I have a hunch they give the Griz a game, even without Dotson. Sac seems to have played well the last couple games and the Griz did not. They're dinged up pretty bad. Side note - I see Munchie let Sac in tackles when they played Southern Utah. Still wish he wouldn't have left, but we are pretty damn good and deep in the secondary.
I fully expect Bobbie to say after the game that they spent all week preparing for Dotson.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:24 pm

Cody grad makes his mark – Hays, starting QB at Idaho State, wins big
Hunter Hays said he didn’t expect to start any games at quarterback for NCAA Division I FCS Idaho State this year. The former Cody football standout and 2019 graduate has now started four, and led his team to a 27-17 upset victory over No. 7 UC Davis on Saturday.

“It felt really good,” Hays said.

Hays was 16-for-30 with 281 passing yards, two touchdown receptions, and 52 rushing yards of his own in the win. He said he saw the team’s last fourth quarter drive, in which they ran the same play seven consecutive times and earned positive yardage on nearly every play, as emblematic of the team’s control of the game throughout...
(more)
https://www.codyenterprise.com/news/spo ... qInl0D0WbA

I don't follow Cody High very closely but they've had some success lately. I think it has a lot to do with the coach, who seems to get the most of his kids.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

St George
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by St George » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:31 am

Big Sky refs suck. I tried to watch the replay of ISU PSU. To painful with the refs calling lots of un-sportsman like penalties and when a player throws another player to the ground after the whistle, no call. You know it is bad when the announcers make note of it.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:05 am

St George wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:31 am
Big Sky refs suck. I tried to watch the replay of ISU PSU. To painful with the refs calling lots of un-sportsman like penalties and when a player throws another player to the ground after the whistle, no call. You know it is bad when the announcers make note of it.
Seems like that happened a lot in the Weber game. I'm almost always for fewer flags and let em play, but I swear the Weber players seemed to be playing WAY beyond the whistle and throwing our players to the turf... no flags.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:06 am

St George wrote:
Being a ref or an ump can certainly suck. I would challenge you to try it. Many rules to know, such as when is a safety 1 point. You can only call what you see, and then many are judgement calls in the spur of the moment. I just get tired of the complaining with no solution. If they were the best refs, they would at least be doing p5 games.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:08 pm

allcat wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:06 am
St George wrote:
Being a ref or an ump can certainly suck. I would challenge you to try it. Many rules to know, such as when is a safety 1 point. You can only call what you see, and then many are judgement calls in the spur of the moment. I just get tired of the complaining with no solution. If they were the best refs, they would at least be doing p5 games.
Agree 100%. It’s totally thankless. And they get it right 95% of the time, which is pretty remarkable.

But DANG are some of those misses frustrating (the McKay pile driver, the punch, the Griz punter flop….)

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:20 pm

onceacat wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:08 pm
allcat wrote:
St George wrote:
Agree 100%. It’s totally thankless. And they get it right 95% of the time, which is pretty remarkable.

But DANG are some of those misses frustrating (the McKay pile driver, the punch, the Griz punter flop….)
You mean in that 2015 Cat-griz game? OMG that was maddening! frickin cheater. it STILL gets under my skin. The game was still very much competitive at that point in the game, instead the griz kept the ball and punched another TD in, and broke the game open.
Dammit, now you got me going...

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:57 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:20 pm
onceacat wrote:
allcat wrote:
St George wrote:

You mean in that 2015 Cat-griz game? OMG that was maddening! frickin cheater. it STILL gets under my skin. The game was still very much competitive at that point in the game, instead the griz kept the ball and punched another TD in, and broke the game open.
That flop was horrible. I was at that game and the guy sitting next to me has a real close friend whos family are long time and big time Griz athletic supporters. His friend texted that he was watching the game on TV and was very embarrassed by that flop and the replay showed that the punter wasn't touched at all. I think the punters last name was LIER or something like that. Some might say it's just part of the game but my response is yeah maybe the game of soccer.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:22 pm

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:57 pm
91catAlum wrote:
onceacat wrote:
allcat wrote:
St George wrote:

That flop was horrible. I was at that game and the guy sitting next to me has a real close friend whos family are long time and big time Griz athletic supporters. His friend texted that he was watching the game on TV and was very embarrassed by that flop and the replay showed that the punter wasn't touched at all. I think the punters last name was LIER or something like that. Some might say it's just part of the game but my response is yeah maybe the game of soccer.
Glad to hear that. Every griz fan on earth should've been embarrassed by that. Its not part of the game, in fact if the ref sees it was a flop, its a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty against the punt team.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:27 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:22 pm
Joe Bobcat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
onceacat wrote:
allcat wrote:
St George wrote:

Glad to hear that. Every griz fan on earth should've been embarrassed by that. Its not part of the game, in fact if the ref sees it was a flop, its a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty against the punt team.
That was the worst part. Everyone in the stadium knew he flopped. Well, except the refs of course. But my seats are in 104 right behind their bench and watching that actor run over to his sideline laughing and high fiving was enough to make me wanna jump down there. It was terrible. :sick:

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:30 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:27 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
onceacat wrote:
allcat wrote:
St George wrote:

That was the worst part. Everyone in the stadium knew he flopped. Well, except the refs of course. But my seats are in 104 right behind their bench and watching that actor run over to his sideline laughing and high fiving was enough to make me wanna jump down there. It was terrible. :sick:
https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... -an-oscar/

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:44 pm

catatac wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:30 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
onceacat wrote:
allcat wrote:
St George wrote:

Yep. That’s about identical to what it looked like. Infuriating

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:02 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:44 pm
catatac wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:30 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
onceacat wrote:
allcat wrote:
St George wrote:

Yep. That’s about identical to what it looked like. Infuriating
Sorry. I didn't mean to trigger BN. Like I said, I have a ton of respect for how hard the refs work & how hard and thankless that job is.

If it makes you feel better we could think about the ruled out of bounds at EWU catch in about 2008 or so. ](*,) ](*,)

Dang it feels like there are a lot of those...