Club Access

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Club Access

Post by GoCats18 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:02 pm

My tickets have club access, is there a spot in there to sit and watch the game, or is it just to drink?

Punters are people too!!

CPACAT
Member # Retired

Re: Club Access

Post by CPACAT » Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:13 pm

You can sit and watch on TV. Not much space to actually watch the field

IYAACYAS

DMMDCats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DMMDCats » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:28 am

It’s just like being in a crappy bar with too many people.

Have a wonderful day!!

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:26 am

DMMDCats wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:28 am
Yeah- I wasn't to impressed. But I did see a lot of people that I played football with, which was cool.

DMMDCats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DMMDCats » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:02 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:26 am
DMMDCats wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:28 am
Yeah- I wasn't to impressed. But I did see a lot of people that I played football with, which was cool.
Good to hear. Good friends can make the world a better place.

Have a wonderful day!!

GavinDonos
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GavinDonos » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:47 am

I sit close to one of the entries to the club, and it is great for running up and getting the kid’s snacks / hot chocolate, a quick restroom pit stop, or a strong shot of whiskey if things aren’t going right on the field. My wife also likes to hang out in there with her gal pals during those late season games when the weather turns.

It’s not a great place to watch the action, but hey… neither is the beer garden! You do get spectacular views of the booster tailgate area and 17th street from the back windows, however. 😉

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:03 am

GavinDonos wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:47 am
I sit close to one of the entries to the club, and it is great for running up and getting the kid’s snacks / hot chocolate, a quick restroom pit stop, or a strong shot of whiskey if things aren’t going right on the field. My wife also likes to hang out in there with her gal pals during those late season games when the weather turns.

It’s not a great place to watch the action, but hey… neither is the beer garden! You do get spectacular views of the booster tailgate area and 17th street from the back windows, however. 😉
Totally. It serves its purpose for those that love going to the games, but aren't so concerned with the actual football!

I'm always surprised at how packed it is in there, especially when the game happens to be good. :-k

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:07 am

I wish they would shut that down after halftime. There has to be over 100 people in there at all times during a game. Those people need to be in there seats. If you are not there for the game go to a bar downtown and watch or just stay home.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:27 am

gtapp wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:07 am
I wish they would shut that down after halftime. There has to be over 100 people in there at all times during a game. Those people need to be in there seats. If you are not there for the game go to a bar downtown and watch or just stay home.
For many of those people they are technically in their seats. Anyone with suites on the 3rd and 4th floor. Some of these people have actual seats as well, but many only have their suites. In that case, it really doesn't effect everyone else one way or another whether they are in their suites or out in the bar area.

I'd totally agree with you if there was high demand for outdoor seats that people just couldn't get because of all these people that choose to hang out in the club. But that's not the case.

If we're going to do that we may as well shut ALL tailgating at halftime too because the hundreds of people still out there in the 3rd quarter should be in their seats as well. Or they should just go to a bar or stay at home. :wink:

GavinDonos

Post by GavinDonos » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:58 pm

I’ve seen gtapp in the club several times, and he always has a smile on his face!!

Next time I see him in there I’m going to yell “GTAPP, GET BACK TO YOUR GODDAMN SEAT!” and then run like hell, tipping over tables and chairs as obstacles on my way back to the grand stand.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:22 pm

GavinDonos wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:58 pm
I’ve seen gtapp in the club several times, and he always has a smile on his face!!

Next time I see him in there I’m going to yell “GTAPP, GET BACK TO YOUR GODDAMN SEAT!” and then run like hell, tipping over tables and chairs as obstacles on my way back to the grand stand.
:lol:

Long Time Cat

Post by Long Time Cat » Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:31 am

wbtfg wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:22 pm
GavinDonos wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:58 pm

:lol:
:lol: :lol:

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi