Idaho gets some Pub

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Idaho gets some Pub

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:33 am

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Idaho gets some Pub

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:40 am

I've driven by it, but never been inside the Kibbie Dome. Will probably go there next time the Bobcats visit. It is sort of a goofy looking venue, but maybe not quite as goofy as the Holt Mini-Dome in Pokey-which is state of the art spud cellar architecture.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:46 am

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:40 am
I've driven by it, but never been inside the Kibbie Dome. Will probably go there next time the Bobcats visit. It is sort of a goofy looking venue, but maybe not quite as goofy as the Holt Mini-Dome in Pokey-which is state of the art spud cellar architecture.
The best part of the article is the walkthrough of the new basketball arena. That place looks awesome.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:50 am

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
I was there for Choate's first game in 2016, I thought it was pretty nice actually. Small and definitely different - quonset hut look and no seats in the end zones - but it was well kept/updated, and the big screen was huge and very nice.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:00 am

91catAlum wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:50 am
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
I was there for Choate's first game in 2016, I thought it was pretty nice actually. Small and definitely different - quonset hut look and no seats in the end zones - but it was well kept/updated, and the big screen was huge and very nice.
I was also going to say quonset hut.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:54 pm

Idaho and Idaho State must use the same design firm!

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:42 pm

gtapp wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:54 pm
Stole it from the potato barns

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:46 pm

gtapp wrote:
They look alike from the outside and the astroturf over asphalt sounds the same. I've never been to the kibble dome. Are they basically the same structure? The article makes kibble sound unique.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:51 pm

allcat wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:46 pm
gtapp wrote:
They look alike from the outside and the astroturf over asphalt sounds the same. I've never been to the kibble dome. Are they basically the same structure? The article makes kibble sound unique.
The fields are oriented differently-ISU the stands are against the endwalls, at UI the stands and field are perpendicular to the end walls. At ISU the goal posts hang from the ceiling, at UI the goal posts are attached to the endwalls.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:04 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:51 pm
allcat wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:46 pm
gtapp wrote:
The fields are oriented differently-ISU the stands are against the endwalls, at UI the stands and field are perpendicular to the end walls. At ISU the goal posts hang from the ceiling, at UI the goal posts are attached to the endwalls.
I've been to pokey, the stands are along the sides. Edit oh, I see what you are saying now, the field is laid out differently as to the dome.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:31 pm

I had no idea the kibbie dome was made of wood. It's the kindred spirit of the fieldhouse! I think it's kind of cool that both structures have been preserved and continue to be useful many years after they were built. Pretty cool that BSC schools own two of the more unique and largest wood span structures ever built. :cool:

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:24 pm

grizzh8r wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:31 pm
I had no idea the kibbie dome was made of wood. It's the kindred spirit of the fieldhouse! I think it's kind of cool that both structures have been preserved and continue to be useful many years after they were built. Pretty cool that BSC schools own two of the more unique and largest wood span structures ever built. :cool:
Exactly what I was thinking when I was reading that. Had no idea it was made from wood either. Love the story and history of the fieldhouse being a wood span structure so pretty cool to read that about Kibbie.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon