Watching ewe tonight

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Re: Watching ewe tonight

Post by ilovethecats » Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:41 pm

I think the griz d is pretty good. Thought they were fast and all over the place. Didn’t think they looked near as good as many of their fans said they were but that’s par for the course. Though EWU will make many solid defenses look fairly average I think. But as a whole I didn’t see anything too special from the griz defense.

It will be interesting to see if Kris Brown starts going forward and if he can provide a spark because their offense doesn’t look very good at all.

Their schedule is so easy before the brawl I wouldn’t be surprised if they win all games until then. If they lose even one of those I’d be surprised.

In a nutshell I think they’re a good team, but really nothing special.

WeedKillinCat
Member # Retired

Post by WeedKillinCat » Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:49 pm

The thing that frustrates me with the Big Sky Conference and size is that scheduling makes it hard to play all of the teams in the conference to truly gage the champion like it used to be. No true head to heads. This was the only tough game so far for the friz until they play us. Might be good for us as gold is tested in fire.

1993 Agronomy
If You Want To Get To Heaven-----You Gotta Raise A Little Hell

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:21 pm

Griz create great pressure and you better make your reads quick. A lot of stunts and blitzes, sometimes drop the nose in coverage even. Little Hauck blitzes a lot, so make him pay. But they didn't sub much and that constant pressure and EWU pace I think they were gassed by end of game

Sports is not bigger than life

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:53 am

WeedKillinCat wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:06 pm
EWU didn't do a very good job of picking up the blitz especially in the first half. They could have made the friz pay, but then again the receivers didn't help with the dropsies either.
What I wouldn't give to see Jaharie and/or RJ stay in the backfield for protection and absolutely flatten those linebackers blitzing the A-gap.

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:44 pm

CatBot wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:53 am
Rich K wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:00 am
I am curious to what the TV ratings will be like for this game. For some reason the red field didn't hurt my eyes quite so much last night, so it was kind of tolerable. There is one little thing from the game and that was the attendance. EWU claims a capacity of 8500 but only had 7944 for this game. The last time the Griz played at Cheney (2016) there were nearly 11,000 in attendance. In 2017 MSU @ EWU the attendance was 11,301. EWU is going backwards as far as butts in seats. For a nationally promoted game EWU didn't even need to bring in temporary seating. Over a 3,000 people less than regular season game in 2017. Pitiful.
My understanding is EWU has miscalculated how much grizz fans are actually willing to pay in face and fees. I don't have exact numbers, but the total cost to get in that game was outrageous. Many grizz fans opted to just watch at home, and it kept out the walk up EWU crowd. Perhaps the total gross was still great, but if they want better attendance, they need to rethink the strategy.
Jacked their prices WAY up for the Bobcat game as well.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

Cat_gld
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Cat_gld » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:47 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:44 pm
CatBot wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:53 am
Rich K wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:00 am
I am curious to what the TV ratings will be like for this game. For some reason the red field didn't hurt my eyes quite so much last night, so it was kind of tolerable. There is one little thing from the game and that was the attendance. EWU claims a capacity of 8500 but only had 7944 for this game. The last time the Griz played at Cheney (2016) there were nearly 11,000 in attendance. In 2017 MSU @ EWU the attendance was 11,301. EWU is going backwards as far as butts in seats. For a nationally promoted game EWU didn't even need to bring in temporary seating. Over a 3,000 people less than regular season game in 2017. Pitiful.
My understanding is EWU has miscalculated how much grizz fans are actually willing to pay in face and fees. I don't have exact numbers, but the total cost to get in that game was outrageous. Many grizz fans opted to just watch at home, and it kept out the walk up EWU crowd. Perhaps the total gross was still great, but if they want better attendance, they need to rethink the strategy.
Jacked their prices WAY up for the Bobcat game as well.
Yeah! I paid about $71/ticket including fees.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:28 am

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but I see that Robbie led the team in tackles again with 13. I watched the entire game and really only remember one or two tackles.....He definitely did not stand out as one of their better players on defense.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:02 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:28 am
Not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but I see that Robbie led the team in tackles again with 13. I watched the entire game and really only remember one or two tackles.....He definitely did not stand out as one of their better players on defense.
According to the conference stats he has 16 solo and 24 assisted for the season. I assume he's still racking up assists by being on the field and looking in the direction of the tackle.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:08 pm

Saturday's game had 263,000 viewership on ESPN2.

Compared to other Saturday late kickoffs on ESPN:
South Florida v BYU - 491,000
UNLV v Arizona State - 407,000

ibleedblue
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by ibleedblue » Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:01 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t it the home team (ewu in this case) who is responsible for reporting stats? I thought that was the case at least.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:07 pm

ibleedblue wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:01 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t it the home team (ewu in this case) who is responsible for reporting stats? I thought that was the case at least.
Yes. Hauck has 22 tackles on the road 18 at home. Probably played more in the road games as they were closer. Pretty consistent.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:14 pm

Winifred High School has red turf.