Billings West's Carlson to play for Harvard

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

longhorn_22
Golden Bobcat

Billings West's Carlson to play for Harvard

Post by longhorn_22 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:04 am

Being a West high alumn and Montana athlete fan I thought i should pass on this news. Chris Carlson from Billings West has verballed to play football for Harvard University. For West, Carlson played WR, CB, P, and PR.
West's Carlson to play at Harvard

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - Chris Carlson of Billings West has given Harvard University a verbal commitment to play football at the Ivy League school this fall.

Carlson earned first team all-state honors at four positions for the Golden Bears, who won the state AA championship and finished with a 13-0 record. Carlson was honored as a cornerback, receiver, punter and punt returner.

He caught 36 passes, averaging 25 yards per catch and scoring 12 touchdowns. He returned 12 punts for a 21.3 average with three touchdowns. His punting average was 43.4.

On defense, the 6-foot-1, 178-pounder made 4.7 tackles per game and intercepted two passes.

Carlson has been selected to play in the East-West Shrine Bowl, the Montana-North Dakota Badlands Bowl.

Carlson also considered Montana, Colorado State, Princeton and Cornell before choosing Harvard. He has a 4.0 grade point average and is ranked first in the senior class of 507 students at West High.

Harvard was 7-3 last season, finishing second in the Ivy League to Brown.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:01 am

Congrats to him, that is an outstanding accomplishment! I hope he is able to continue to excel in both the classroom and on the field.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

grizband
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by grizband » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:18 am

While Im sure both the Griz and the Cats would love to have Carlson on their team, I am very proud of this accomplishment. He was the valedictorian, and a 4 way all-state player. Congratulations Chris, make us all proud.

bozbobcat
Member # Retired

Post by bozbobcat » Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:37 am

Wow. To me, it's quite impressive to carry a 4.0 GPA through high school and get accepted to Harvard. I imagine he took advanced level classes, too. It doesn't hurt that he's an excellent football player, too. Way to go, Chris.

GO CATS!
It's always a good day to be a Bobcat fan! :) =D^ \:D/
My name is Steve, if you'd like to know.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:48 am

bozbobcat wrote:Wow. To me, it's quite impressive to carry a 4.0 GPA through high school and get accepted to Harvard. I imagine he took advanced level classes, too. It doesn't hurt that he's an excellent football player, too. Way to go, Chris.
You know, if I was a lot smarter, way more athletic, and had a great work ethic, I could have done the same thing. I don't see what the big whoop is all about. :roll:

Okay ... seriously, this IS very impressive! Congrats!