College Football Week 2

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Re: College Football Week 2

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:04 pm

seataccat wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:35 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:58 pm
Prodigal Cat wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:15 am
Cledus wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:12 pm
Prodigal Cat wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:06 pm
Wonder if Choate is second guessing. Texas (especially on Defense) looked awful today.

And you know that fan base totally has the patience to wait it out with Sark.
Yeah, I had the same thought. But I think that fat Texas pay more than assuages any second guessing on his part. Someone here might know the exact number (I don’t), but I thought he is getting close to $1 million per year.
Maybe. But I think Choate’s reason for taking the job was upward job mobility. Sark getting shown the door leaves him out on his ass.
If the Texas defense doesn’t turn things around their D co-coordinators will be the first to go. Sark will sacrifice them to keep his job. If not, then they’re all gone.

I think Choate is getting 600k. About two years worth of salary at MSU.

I suspect they’ll get things cleaned up enough to get another year.
I watched the Sark presser and he was more concerned with the offensive performance. He said a couple times that they just couldn't sustain any offense which kept the defense on the field until they wore out.
Yeah, they were miserable on offense the first half. Defense held them to three first half FGs and allowed one TD, so it could've been worse.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: College Football Week 2

Post by BozoneCat » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:47 pm

WSUWILDCAT wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:58 am
seataccat wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:23 pm
Dixie state is hanging with Weber. I think Weber State is overrated. I don't think they will win the conference.

Ended up hanging 41 on them and holding Dixie to 3 points on their field. Not a barometer of how good or bad we are but still impressive to do on the road. Considering Sac could only score 19 on them.

Over-rated is a stretch. This Weber team had a dropped pass in the endzone and got stopped on 4th and goal on the 1 yard line against FBS Utah. If Weber scores touchdowns on both of those drives they score at least 31 points in the game. They then come out slow vs Dixie but scored 34 straight points to end the game while holding a team out of the endzone on their field.

Im not saying Weber is top 2, heck they might not even be top 5. But top 10 where they are is not a stretch. Weber has continued to be called over-rated by other fans in this conference despite Weber piling up a 26-3 record against this conference in the last 4 years. (28-3 if you count playoff games). I honestly dont know what more Weber can do to earn the respect they deserve if 4 straight titles and conference dominance wont do it. Maybe we wont win the conference for the 5th straight time but with as strong as some other schools in this conference are looking that doesnt necessarily make us overrated.

I guess we'll see just how good or bad this team is come Saturday night. Good luck against San Diego but I doubt you'll need it.
That’s a completely fair and reasonable post. Until BSC teams start beating Weber again, they deserve the accolades and bragging rights. Good luck this weekend, beating JMU would be a great win for the conference!

GO CATS GO!!!