College Football Week 1

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

College Football Week 1

Post by Rich K » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:44 pm

A full slate of games this weekend! Finally!

Starts off tonight with Jacksonville State playing FBS University of Alabama Birmingham of Conference USA. Jacksonville State has FCS playoff aspirations and UAB had a decent 2020 season finishing 6-3 and was scheduled to play in the Union Home Mortgage Gasparilla Bowl. The Bowl was cancelled.

Tomorrow (Sept 2) games of interest include EWU at UNLV, Weebs at Utah on the PAC-12 network, UC Davis at Tulsa ESPN+ and Southern Utah at Arizona State PAC-12. Bunch of people predicted EWU to whip UNLV, to bad they both can't lose.

Friday South Dakota is at Kansas ESPN+, South Dakota State is at Colorado State FS1, and UNCU is at Colorado PAC12. Of these 3 I think SDSU will have by far the best chance of an upset.

Saturday Cats win, Griz lose, great day of football!

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Re: College Football Week 1

Post by The Butcher » Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:31 am

Rich K wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:44 pm

Starts off tonight with Jacksonville State playing FBS University of Alabama Birmingham of Conference USA. Jacksonville State has FCS playoff aspirations and UAB had a decent 2020 season finishing 6-3 and was scheduled to play in the Union Home Mortgage Gasparilla Bowl. The Bowl was cancelled.

Tomorrow (Sept 2) games of interest include EWU at UNLV, Weebs at Utah on the PAC-12 network, UC Davis at Tulsa ESPN+ and Southern Utah at Arizona State PAC-12. Bunch of people predicted EWU to whip UNLV, to bad they both can't lose.

Friday South Dakota is at Kansas ESPN+, South Dakota State is at Colorado State FS1, and UNCU is at Colorado PAC12. Of these 3 I think SDSU will have by far the best chance of an upset.

I think that the University of South Dakota has the best chance to win on Friday. USD is good and Kansas is bad.

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatBot » Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:57 pm

Just glanced at the ESPN app, and damn....tonight's lineup of football for a Thursday is off the freaking hook. I can't remember being this excited about a Thursday in my entire life.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:08 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:31 am
Rich K wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:44 pm

I think that the University of South Dakota has the best chance to win on Friday. USD is good and Kansas is bad.
Good lord, I didn't realize Kansas was so horrible!
I also missed the Sam Houston v. Northern Arizona game is of interest for Thursday. SHSU has a 10 game winning streak going into that game.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:19 pm

SDSU looking good as they lead CSU 21-10 at the half.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:49 pm

South Dakota State adds another TD in the 3rd quarter to go up by 28-10. Interesting side note, Colorado State won exactly one game last year while finishing the shortened season 1-3. Their lone victory was against Wyoming.

JDoub
Member # Retired

Post by JDoub » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:15 pm

SDSU > NDSU this season

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:23 pm

35 to 10 Jackrabbits, start of the 4th.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

WeedKillinCat
Member # Retired

Post by WeedKillinCat » Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:47 am

SDSU manhandled CSU

1993 Agronomy
If You Want To Get To Heaven-----You Gotta Raise A Little Hell

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:16 pm

I'm not seeing any real chances for an FCS/FBS upset (aside form MSU) today. Portland State is playing Hawaii but I don't give the Vikings much chance. Any upsets I may be missing?

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:39 pm

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:45 pm

Idaho clobbered Canadian power-house Simon Frazier 68-0. Do the Vandals schedule them every year?