UM @UW

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

MSUBRONCO
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 307
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:37 am
Location: Bellevue,WA

UM @UW

Post by MSUBRONCO » Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:32 am

hey Cat fans need some help as a Seattle native and cat alum. I'm going to the um at uw game on sept 4th as a both a cat and dawg, ready to watch Griz lose, anyways I need ideas on what to wear was thinking maybe my UW shirt and MSU fleece idk so many options? Also any good chants? I can only come up with FTG GDG instead of GCG?



User avatar
Cledus
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4736
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:18 pm
Location: Billings Heights

Re: UM @UW

Post by Cledus » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:59 am

Maybe wear a Lakers jersey but put your own patch on the front to cover up any mention of the Lakers. I figure since their colors are purple and gold it's almost perfect.


UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

User avatar
PapaG
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6923
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:44 am
Location: Portland, OR

Re: UM @UW

Post by PapaG » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:59 pm

Wear a MSU shirt and an Oregon hat and you'll be the belle of the ball and have zero bad experiences, I swear!


Greg K.

MSUBRONCO
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 307
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:37 am
Location: Bellevue,WA

Re: UM @UW

Post by MSUBRONCO » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:07 pm

PapaG wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:59 pm
Wear a MSU shirt and an Oregon hat and you'll be the belle of the ball and have zero bad experiences, I swear!
Duck gear no way not happening



User avatar
WeedKillinCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1939
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:19 pm
Location: Billings Heights

Re: UM @UW

Post by WeedKillinCat » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:37 pm

Have the PA announcer play Billy Idol Mony-Mony!!!

My son in law is a UW season ticket holder and he knows of my distain for the griz...


1993 Agronomy
If You Want To Get To Heaven-----You Gotta Raise A Little Hell

MSUBRONCO
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 307
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:37 am
Location: Bellevue,WA

Re: UM @UW

Post by MSUBRONCO » Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:55 pm

WeedKillinCat wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:37 pm
Have the PA announcer play Billy Idol Mony-Mony!!!

My son in law is a UW season ticket holder and he knows of my distain for the griz...
very nice! I don't have season tickets but one of my friends does



77matcat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2529
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:12 pm

Re: UM @UW

Post by 77matcat » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:20 am

I’m going with the “Mony-Mony” suggestion. I’m sure it will foster a warm and fuzzy felling for all griz fans. 😂🤣😂



FYI
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:16 pm

Re: UM @UW

Post by FYI » Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:54 pm

MSUBRONCO wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:07 pm
PapaG wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:59 pm
Wear a MSU shirt and an Oregon hat and you'll be the belle of the ball and have zero bad experiences, I swear!
Duck gear no way not happening

Okay, here's the deal. No Joke. :unsure: Wear BOBCAT gear....all BOBCAT. The blue ball cap with the current gold "M". A BOBCAT jersey would be great, but at least a blue sweat or T-shirt with "Montana State" or "BOBCATS" or both on them. Every Husky will fully understand you are there to root your ass off for them. They will smile at you..."brothers-in-arms". They may even remember and downstream root for the CATS out of respect and courtesy...paying you back. Heck, they've sent us Williams and Sterk and others and their head coach is a former Bobcat assistant. Bobcat legend Kane Ioane went to Washington to hone his skills. Hell, we're practically related.



TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 15597
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: UM @UW

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:56 am

I expect UM to be very respectable vs UW. I think the Huskies are overrated this year. UM played #15 Oregon in 2019. They were manhandled, but didn’t get completely blown out. 35-3. Oregon had Justin Herbert at QB.

UW 31, UM 13


MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 56 individual National Champions (most recent 2021).
toM StUber

MSUBRONCO
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 307
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:37 am
Location: Bellevue,WA

Re: UM @UW

Post by MSUBRONCO » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:08 pm

FYI wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:54 pm
MSUBRONCO wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:07 pm
PapaG wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:59 pm
Wear a MSU shirt and an Oregon hat and you'll be the belle of the ball and have zero bad experiences, I swear!
Duck gear no way not happening

Okay, here's the deal. No Joke. :unsure: Wear BOBCAT gear....all BOBCAT. The blue ball cap with the current gold "M". A BOBCAT jersey would be great, but at least a blue sweat or T-shirt with "Montana State" or "BOBCATS" or both on them. Every Husky will fully understand you are there to root your ass off for them. They will smile at you..."brothers-in-arms". They may even remember and downstream root for the CATS out of respect and courtesy...paying you back. Heck, they've sent us Williams and Sterk and others and their head coach is a former Bobcat assistant. Bobcat legend Kane Ioane went to Washington to hone his skills. Hell, we're practically related.
You got VERY good points in there, don't worry I got cat jerseys



seacat85
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:49 pm

Re: UM @UW

Post by seacat85 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:59 am

Guess I missed it but when did the Griz move down?

"The Washington Huskies will play against a Division II opponent, the Montana Grizzlies"

Snippet from the CBS Sports website under the Washington vs Montana live stream link.



MSUBRONCO
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 307
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:37 am
Location: Bellevue,WA

Re: UM @UW

Post by MSUBRONCO » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:41 am

MSUBRONCO wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:08 pm
FYI wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:54 pm
MSUBRONCO wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:07 pm
PapaG wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:59 pm
Wear a MSU shirt and an Oregon hat and you'll be the belle of the ball and have zero bad experiences, I swear!
Duck gear no way not happening

Okay, here's the deal. No Joke. :unsure: Wear BOBCAT gear....all BOBCAT. The blue ball cap with the current gold "M". A BOBCAT jersey would be great, but at least a blue sweat or T-shirt with "Montana State" or "BOBCATS" or both on them. Every Husky will fully understand you are there to root your ass off for them. They will smile at you..."brothers-in-arms". They may even remember and downstream root for the CATS out of respect and courtesy...paying you back. Heck, they've sent us Williams and Sterk and others and their head coach is a former Bobcat assistant. Bobcat legend Kane Ioane went to Washington to hone his skills. Hell, we're practically related.
You got VERY good points in there, don't worry I got cat jerseys
OK decided to go with your suggestion I'll wear my cat jersey and a purple shirt also on the side



User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5397
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: UM @UW

Post by RickRund » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:49 am

seacat85 wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:59 am
Guess I missed it but when did the Griz move down?

"The Washington Huskies will play against a Division II opponent, the Montana Grizzlies"

Snippet from the CBS Sports website under the Washington vs Montana live stream link.
They just saw their student numbers...


msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

MSUBRONCO
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 307
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:37 am
Location: Bellevue,WA

Re: UM @UW

Post by MSUBRONCO » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:09 am

RickRund wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:49 am
seacat85 wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:59 am
Guess I missed it but when did the Griz move down?

"The Washington Huskies will play against a Division II opponent, the Montana Grizzlies"

Snippet from the CBS Sports website under the Washington vs Montana live stream link.
They just saw their student numbers...
lol but true



Rich K
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4148
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:40 pm
Location: Cody WY

Re: UM @UW

Post by Rich K » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:27 am

Are you guys referring to UM-Western or UM-MIssoula? I keep getting them mixed up


Image

MSUBRONCO
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 307
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:37 am
Location: Bellevue,WA

Re: UM @UW

Post by MSUBRONCO » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:34 am

Rich K wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:27 am
Are you guys referring to UM-Western or UM-MIssoula? I keep getting them mixed up
Missoula of course



User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5397
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: UM @UW

Post by RickRund » Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:14 pm

MSUBRONCO wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:34 am
Rich K wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:27 am
Are you guys referring to UM-Western or UM-MIssoula? I keep getting them mixed up
Missoula of course
Yes missoula... The Arthur Murray campus...


msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

User avatar
allcat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8115
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:13 pm
Location: 90 miles from Nirvana (Bobcat Stadium)

Re: UM @UW

Post by allcat » Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:58 pm

Well now I am rooting for UW.


Now sorry for caring about Cat/griz too much. I've been properly chastised by the coach of the other team. :-^

autocat
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:35 pm

Re: UM @UW

Post by autocat » Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:54 pm

Sorry, but rob hauck is a cheapshot (one personal foul so far) trash talking, late hitting pos



User avatar
nevadacat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1446
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:25 am
Location: Las Vegas

Re: UM @UW

Post by nevadacat » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:15 pm

autocat wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:54 pm
Sorry, but rob hauck is a cheapshot (one personal foul so far) trash talking, late hitting pos
Make that 2.


...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!

Post Reply