Northern Colorado Transfers

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

FYI
BobcatNation Letterman

Northern Colorado Transfers

Post by FYI » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:27 am

UNC has transferred in two graduate student linebackers from Drake who have combined to play in 50 games for the Bulldogs.

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Northern Colorado Transfers

Post by Montanabob » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:19 pm

and a few others - fired a few coaches this spring and trying to get out of the basement.
https://bigskyfans.com/uncbears/viewtop ... f=1&t=4525

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

FYI
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by FYI » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:47 pm

After further review....Northern Colorado, if nothing else, is going to look a lot different this season. They need to, they are 7-26 the last three years.
New head coach and Denver Bronco legend Ed McCaffery started by bringing in his graduate student son from Michigan to play quarterback. He had 13 appearances at UM. There should be a decent or better offensive line available with five guys returning who have started a total seventy-three games.
He has a few decent young OL guys and has brought in three more JC OL's. The big story to me is TRANSFERS....they will be coming from Steven F Austin, Cincinnati , Akron, Michigan (2), Washington State, TCU, Duke, Drake (2), Illinois St., Northern AZ, Colorado (3), Wyoming, Colorado State, California (3) and even Colorado Mesa.
Hard to predict what all this might lead to. They have among the toughest BSC schedules. They have NAU, EWU, Sac State and the uOFM at home.
CATS, Davis, Weber and S. Utah away. They open with Colorado.
This is about as much arebuild as I've ever seen in college football. Worth a watch.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:22 pm

FYI wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:47 pm
After further review....Northern Colorado, if nothing else, is going to look a lot different this season. They need to, they are 7-26 the last three years.
New head coach and Denver Bronco legend Ed McCaffery started by bringing in his graduate student son from Michigan to play quarterback. He had 13 appearances at UM. There should be a decent or better offensive line available with five guys returning who have started a total seventy-three games.
He has a few decent young OL guys and has brought in three more JC OL's. The big story to me is TRANSFERS....they will be coming from Steven F Austin, Cincinnati , Akron, Michigan (2), Washington State, TCU, Duke, Drake (2), Illinois St., Northern AZ, Colorado (3), Wyoming, Colorado State, California (3) and even Colorado Mesa.
Hard to predict what all this might lead to. They have among the toughest BSC schedules. They have NAU, EWU, Sac State and the uOFM at home.
CATS, Davis, Weber and S. Utah away. They open with Colorado.
This is about as much arebuild as I've ever seen in college football. Worth a watch.
Ed McCaffery is one of the nicest people you'll ever talk to and he's extremely humble. I went to a couple of services in Centennial where he attends church and he kind of joked a bit about my Montana State shirt. Very down to earth and he relates well to kids. I'm going to watch Northern Colorado pretty close this year for several reasons because I think with what the other two schools have done budget wise thinking they're something special and Denver growing to the east and north as fast as it is, Northern is going to get a great deal of residual overlooked growth. I suspect they'll go the route of South Florida, Coastal Carolina, Georgia State in the next five years. Love to be an innocent bystander and watch shifting demographics in this country.