Weber State hail mary

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

JDoub
Member # Retired

Weber State hail mary

Post by JDoub » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:28 pm

Just watched Weber play mediocre half the game, seemed to lose it when NAU scored to go ahead by 1 with 17 seconds left.

Then some craziness happens.

Remember when the Bobcats would-coulda-shoulda ended the streak, only to kickoff out of bounds, griz win last second. kinda like that.

But weebs wins at time expires on a hail mary, ball at the 50, weebs new JC QB throws 65 yards in the air, big TE catches in a crowd.

unbelievable- for Jay Hill’s 50th win as HC

JDoub
Member # Retired

Re: Weber State hail mary

Post by JDoub » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:32 pm

JDoub
Member # Retired

Post by JDoub » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:16 pm

Weber beats Idaho State (barely) to win their 1st outright Big Sky Conference Championship.

asterisk not all teams played

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:34 pm

Maybe weber state should throw away the playbook and just launch hail Mary plays.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

WSUWILDCAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by WSUWILDCAT » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:16 am

JDoub wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:16 pm
Weber beats Idaho State (barely) to win their 1st outright Big Sky Conference Championship.

I wish Montana and MSU would have stayed committed to playing with everyone else. But every team who won a big sky championship in the last 11 seasons played in the spring except PSU.

And every single spring game proved that it really could have been anybody's season. Except Cal Poly. And with no ooc games its hard to tell how good or bad this conference is. Look at SUU, they finished 1-5 yet they lost 4 of their 5 games by a COMBINED 7 points. Eastern, Davis and Weber all had to score last minute touchdowns to beat Idaho State of all teams.

This upcoming Fall season could be very interesting.

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND GO WILDCATS

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:52 pm

WSUWILDCAT wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:16 am
JDoub wrote:

I wish Montana and MSU would have stayed committed to playing with everyone else. But every team who won a big sky championship in the last 11 seasons played in the spring except PSU.

And every single spring game proved that it really could have been anybody's season. Except Cal Poly. And with no ooc games its hard to tell how good or bad this conference is. Look at SUU, they finished 1-5 yet they lost 4 of their 5 games by a COMBINED 7 points. Eastern, Davis and Weber all had to score last minute touchdowns to beat Idaho State of all teams.

I’m even more glad now than I was 2 months ago that MSU isn’t playing this garbage joke of a “season.” I still wish we had scheduled at least one scrimmage against a smaller school, but I don’t have even a tiny bit of me that wishes we were playing right now. It means absolutely nothing, only bad things will come from this. Real ball starts in the fall.

GO CATS GO!!!

WSUWILDCAT

Post by WSUWILDCAT » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:47 am

BozoneCat wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:52 pm
WSUWILDCAT wrote:
JDoub wrote:

I’m even more glad now than I was 2 months ago that MSU isn’t playing this garbage joke of a “season.” I still wish we had scheduled at least one scrimmage against a smaller school, but I don’t have even a tiny bit of me that wishes we were playing right now. It means absolutely nothing, only bad things will come from this. Real ball starts in the fall.

I completely disagree. Several schools had the chance to build weeks worth of team chemistry that the few teams who didnt play wont have. To play several games that count and still get that free year of eligibility.

I fully understand the reasons behind why MSU did not play this spring, what with all the distractions. But despite what some may think and continue to tell themselves this was a real season. Just because some decided not to play it doesnt make it mean any less than than it normally does. At the end of the day the 2020 Big Sky trophy was hoisted and come May the 2020 National Championship trophy will be hoisted by one fortunate team. Means absolutely nothing? Tell that to the players who just won their 4th straight Big Sky title.

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:22 pm

WSUWILDCAT wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:47 am
BozoneCat wrote:
WSUWILDCAT wrote:
JDoub wrote:

I completely disagree. Several schools had the chance to build weeks worth of team chemistry that the few teams who didnt play wont have. To play several games that count and still get that free year of eligibility.

I fully understand the reasons behind why MSU did not play this spring, what with all the distractions. But despite what some may think and continue to tell themselves this was a real season. Just because some decided not to play it doesnt make it mean any less than than it normally does. At the end of the day the 2020 Big Sky trophy was hoisted and come May the 2020 National Championship trophy will be hoisted by one fortunate team. Means absolutely nothing? Tell that to the players who just won their 4th straight Big Sky title.
Spot on. I completely agree with everything said here!

Hating the griz since 02.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:28 pm

WSUWILDCAT wrote:

Since MSU won 3 straight conference titles from 2010-2012, I think your math is a bit off.

There was no 2020 season, so 2013-2019 = 7 seasons, not 11.
Last edited by 91catAlum on Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:36 pm

WSUWILDCAT wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
WSUWILDCAT wrote:
JDoub wrote:

I think you guys are both right.

I agree I'm glad MSU didn't play this spring. If I'm honest, I completely forget teams are even playing. I have not seen a minute of a game so far this spring. That said, it doesn't change the fact that teams ARE playing, This means players and coaches ARE working their asses off to win football games and win a national championship. And had MSU decided to play, I would be hoping they win every game and win a title too. And if they did, no one could convince me it was any less of an accomplishment because it's a weird, shortened spring season.

Congrats to Weber.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:11 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:36 pm
WSUWILDCAT wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
WSUWILDCAT wrote:
JDoub wrote:

I think you guys are both right.

I agree I'm glad MSU didn't play this spring. If I'm honest, I completely forget teams are even playing. I have not seen a minute of a game so far this spring. That said, it doesn't change the fact that teams ARE playing, This means players and coaches ARE working their asses off to win football games and win a national championship. And had MSU decided to play, I would be hoping they win every game and win a title too. And if they did, no one could convince me it was any less of an accomplishment because it's a weird, shortened spring season.

Congrats to Weber.
Yes, you can just as easily be proud of winning despite all the Covid stuff going. While, there's no shame from not playing, you can be equally proud of gutting it out and doing well. Weber football is on a roll.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

WSUWILDCAT

Post by WSUWILDCAT » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:07 am

91catAlum wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:28 pm
WSUWILDCAT wrote:

Since MSU won 3 straight conference titles from 2010-2012, I think your math is a bit off.

There was no 2020 season, so 2013-2019 = 7 seasons, not 11.

Whoops you're right, dont know where I got 11 from 🤦‍♂️