Griz players blast county health department on social media

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3576
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:03 pm
Location: Helena

Re: Griz players blast county health department on social media

Post by KittieKop » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:56 pm

BozoneCat wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:42 pm
Cu-Ag-Au wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:28 pm
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Sound familiar?
Yes. But no. Nobody is taking away their right to speak. But speaking has consequences. Welcome to real life.
Agree, and when you become part of a group, a member of a team, you're also agreeing to abide by group rules and restrictions, including the fact you're not free to do anything and say anything you want at any time. You can't just say, "I don't represent my group", when everyone knows you're part of that group. What you say and what you do is tied to your membership, like it or not.

I don't have the freedom to speak out whenever and however I want on many topics because of my job, the people who know me, where I work and what I do. It's part of the package. Same as being on a football team, being an employee where you work, being a volunteer on an organization's board. Restrictions are part of the game. Don't like the restrictions, that's fine. But you better sever your ties with groups who may not like you speaking for them in public.


"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

Image

User avatar
BozoneCat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2953
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:15 pm
Location: Boise, ID

Re: Griz players blast county health department on social media

Post by BozoneCat » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:26 am

KittieKop wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:56 pm
BozoneCat wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:42 pm
Cu-Ag-Au wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:28 pm
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Sound familiar?
Yes. But no. Nobody is taking away their right to speak. But speaking has consequences. Welcome to real life.
Agree, and when you become part of a group, a member of a team, you're also agreeing to abide by group rules and restrictions, including the fact you're not free to do anything and say anything you want at any time. You can't just say, "I don't represent my group", when everyone knows you're part of that group. What you say and what you do is tied to your membership, like it or not.

I don't have the freedom to speak out whenever and however I want on many topics because of my job, the people who know me, where I work and what I do. It's part of the package. Same as being on a football team, being an employee where you work, being a volunteer on an organization's board. Restrictions are part of the game. Don't like the restrictions, that's fine. But you better sever your ties with groups who may not like you speaking for them in public.
Exactly. No one is preventing my right to call my boss a giant jackass and tell everyone what a horrible job he's doing, but if I were to say those things, rest assured I probably wouldn't have a job the next day. Anyone complaining about their right to freedom of speech doesn't really understand what that actually means.

For the record, I'm not saying those things about my boss, just using it as an example. :wink:


GO CATS GO!!!

Image

ibleedblue
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 194
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:40 pm

Re: Griz players blast county health department on social media

Post by ibleedblue » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:59 am

Our own Callahan O’Reilly blasted Bullock on Twitter. I gotta admit I agree with him and don’t really have an issue with what the Griz players did (except for providing a phone # if true)




User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4692
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: Griz players blast county health department on social media

Post by RickRund » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:39 pm

ibleedblue wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:59 am
Our own Callahan O’Reilly blasted Bullock on Twitter. I gotta admit I agree with him and don’t really have an issue with what the Griz players did (except for providing a phone # if true)

Hopefully Callahan doesn't give the guv any ideas about shutting down the highways...



Post Reply