Griz players blast county health department on social media

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Griz players blast county health department on social media

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:18 am

https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky ... 97e9a.html

Griz football players disappointed with being quarantined took to Twitter to spread the Missoula County Incident Commander's cell phone number all over social media. They also repeatedly called, texted, and tweeted the Incident Commander and the Missoula County health department to voice their disappointment. Can't imagine the health department has anything better to do right now. Not a good look for the UM football team or Griz athletics as a whole. Funny how that's happening now

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Re: Griz players blast county health department on social media

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:10 am

Great example of how leadership (?) from U of Missoula football disseminates through the program. It will be very insightful to see what sort of discipline if any occurs for these individuals.
:coffee:

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

HelenaCat

Post by HelenaCat » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:48 am

Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:10 am
Great example of how leadership (?) from U of Missoula football disseminates through the program. It will be very insightful to see what sort of discipline if any occurs for these individuals.
Or if anything happens to the coach who promotes this type of attitude and actions.....

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:16 pm

HelenaCat wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:48 am
Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Or if anything happens to the coach who promotes this type of attitude and actions.....
And crickets from the coach. Comments and actions came from above his pay grade.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:24 pm

HelenaCat wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:48 am
Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Ding Ding Ding!

GO CATS GO!!!

seataccat

Post by seataccat » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:30 pm

What they said was a bit stupid, but they are U.S. citizens and should be allowed to speak their mind without consequences from the administration.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:30 pm

seataccat wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:30 pm
What they said was a bit stupid, but they are U.S. citizens and should be allowed to speak their mind without consequences from the administration.
I agree. Though I think posting the cell number (assuming it was her personal cell and not work cell) was over the line.

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:16 pm

Ho hum. Same ol' same ol' from griz football.
These are the things you get when attitude of entitlement is greater than depth and strength of character.

Bobby makes a good cricket sound when things like this happen.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:15 am

blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:18 am
https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky ... 97e9a.html

Griz football players disappointed with being quarantined took to Twitter to spread the Missoula County Incident Commander's cell phone number all over social media. They also repeatedly called, texted, and tweeted the Incident Commander and the Missoula County health department to voice their disappointment. Can't imagine the health department has anything better to do right now. Not a good look for the UM football team or Griz athletics as a whole. Funny how that's happening now
I thought what I read was respectful. They do have the right to voice their displeasure. Two messages is not a lot.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

seataccat

Post by seataccat » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:55 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:30 pm
seataccat wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:30 pm
I agree. Though I think posting the cell number (assuming it was her personal cell and not work cell) was over the line.
Agree wholeheartedly, I guess I missed that.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:34 pm

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:16 pm
These are the things you get when attitude of entitlement is greater than depth and strength of character.

I went to Egriz to see what their fans think. Disappointingly, I think 90% of the posters were justifying what they did. The attitude of entitlement may be worse in their fan base.

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:18 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:34 pm
Joe Bobcat wrote:

I went to Egriz to see what their fans think. Disappointingly, I think 90% of the posters were justifying what they did. The attitude of entitlement may be worse in their fan base.
They all deserve each other. The entire fan base, coaching staff, and administration make me want to puke.

GO CATS GO!!!

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:52 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:

Count me in with those kids. Appreciate then having confidence to state their opinion. Despite their age and knowing they’ll get blasted pretty good by a percentage of people. Good for them.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:23 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:52 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:

Count me in with those kids. Appreciate then having confidence to state their opinion. Despite their age and knowing they’ll get blasted pretty good by a percentage of people. Good for them.
No problem with them voicing their opinion. I have a real problem with them doxxing this person by putting out her cell number.

HelenaCat

Post by HelenaCat » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:25 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:23 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:

No problem with them voicing their opinion. I have a real problem with them doxxing this person by putting out her cell number.
Ding... ding...ding!

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:57 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:23 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:

Exactly. Having an opinion is one thing, harassment is another.

GO CATS GO!!!

Cu-Ag-Au
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Cu-Ag-Au » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:28 pm

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Sound familiar?

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:42 pm

Cu-Ag-Au wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:28 pm
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Sound familiar?
Yes. But no. Nobody is taking away their right to speak. But speaking has consequences. Welcome to real life.

GO CATS GO!!!

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:27 am

I wonder if the people who are okay with the griz players speaking out about the quarantine were also okay with NFL players kneeling. I know I am (not the giving out the phone number, which was idiotic).

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:36 am

The Butcher wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:27 am
I wonder if the people who are okay with the griz players speaking out about the quarantine were also okay with NFL players kneeling. I know I am (not the giving out the phone number, which was idiotic).
I am ok with both. While I personally choose to stand for the flag and will continue to do so, I understand the point of kneeling is about creating awareness, and not meant to disrespect the country or those who protect it. It is the very definition of peaceful protest. With all of the crazy violent stuff happening in this country every day, some athletes kneeling is WAY down my list of things I'm worried about.

That said, I get why it rubs people the wrong way and I respect their freedom of being offended. I'm not looking to change peoples minds. I just have always felt that in regards to the athletes and kneeling subject, we have two groups of people talking about two very different issues. It's a shame.