Weber State

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

The Butcher
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Weber State

Post by The Butcher » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:16 am

LTown Cat wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:03 am
HiLineCat wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:48 am
Hawks86 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:09 am
Why would you leave Weber to take that job? Money is the only thing I can think of.
I agree.

But if Hill is out applying for other jobs during this playoff run I have to think Weber is going to get absolutely steam rolled this weekend!
If Hill has an agent, he doesn't need to concentrate on anything but coaching. But I am not sure if FCS coaches typically have agents.

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:07 pm

I listened to the Tootel and Nuanez podcast from Monday covering the Montana football hour. Tootel has a strange observation on the blocked UM punt. Basically, at the press conference, Bobby said a player missed his blocking assignment. Tootel took issue with his explanation and said that the play was actually a UM scheme where they let a rusher free but get the kick off quickly. My interpretation was that Bobby was blaming a player when he actually called a bad play...

catbooster
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by catbooster » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:10 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:07 pm
I listened to the Tootel and Nuanez podcast from Monday covering the Montana football hour. Tootel has a strange observation on the blocked UM punt. Basically, at the press conference, Bobby said a player missed his blocking assignment. Tootel took issue with his explanation and said that the play was actually a UM scheme where they let a rusher free but get the kick off quickly. My interpretation was that Bobby was blaming a player when he actually called a bad play...
I listened to the press conference. Bobby said it was his fault - that he called a scheme where the player releases to get down field quicker. As much as it pains me to defend him, your interpretation is wrong.

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:37 pm

catbooster wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:10 pm
Cataholic wrote:
I listened to the press conference. Bobby said it was his fault - that he called a scheme where the player releases to get down field quicker. As much as it pains me to defend him, your interpretation is wrong.
It is possible that I misinterpreted Hauck’s quote, but it seems that Tootel also pointed out the same thing. But maybe I misinterpreted what Tootel was saying as well. Here is the link to the audio. If you go to 13:40 of the Dec 16 show, Hour 1, you will see what Tootel says.

The Big Meowski
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by The Big Meowski » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:47 pm

All I can say is that I wish their game was on tonight to occupy my mind.

Brian Demarais
Sec. 105
Row 2
Seat 1

Cataholic
Member # Retired

Post by Cataholic » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:28 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:37 pm
catbooster wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:10 pm
Cataholic wrote:
It is possible that I misinterpreted Hauck’s quote, but it seems that Tootel also pointed out the same thing. But maybe I misinterpreted what Tootel was saying as well. Here is the link to the audio. If you go to 13:40 of the Dec 16 show, Hour 1, you will see what Tootel says.
Sorry but I forgot to include the link:

http://1029espn.com/podcasts/

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:47 pm

The Big Meowski wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:47 pm
All I can say is that I wish their game was on tonight to occupy my mind.
DIII NC on tonight at 6:00 North Central Ill vs Wisconson Whitewater

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

CPrice91
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by CPrice91 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:57 pm

Go Purple Cats! I'm not hopeful but I'll cheer for you anyway!

technoCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by technoCat » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:58 pm

Jeezus, hold them to a 51 yard fg they miss but a timeout taken and give up a hail Mary.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE 01/05/1984

CPrice91
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by CPrice91 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:59 pm

Sheesh, felt like they had a chance at coming back until that...