Sneed expected out vs. EWU

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4561
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Sneed expected out vs. EWU

Post by iaafan » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:50 am

Cledus wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:32 am
iaafan wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:00 am
Cledus wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:53 pm
I wonder if this is like Gage Gubrud's injury in that it wasn't particularly serious, but it took so long to heal he missed the rest of his senior season.
Probably not. There are so many varieties and degrees of ankle sprains. Based on the photo I’d say he rolled it really bad at least. It’s pretty swollen and you can see bruising. I find it odd that he was on the sidelines standing with crutches. They should’ve had it elevated, especially when he had to sit in an airplane for a couple hours. You see that a lot though and he probably insisted on being on the sidelines.
I watched the replay and his ankle wasn't rolled inward, like a typical ankle injury. It bent outwards. I looked up a high ankle sprain last night and that's how the article I read described it. I'm not trying to diagnose his injury.

Maybe all he has is a bruise and sitting him out was a precaution. Maybe he does have the typical sprain we all think of and have probably had ourselves. But I can tell with certainty on that play his ankle bent outwards.
Yes, what you’re describing is a rolled ankle, which is the most common. You plant to change direction and roll it. This causes the ATFL to tear. How severely is the question. Sometimes it detaches the ligament from the bottom of fibula. Sometimes the tip of the fibula breaks. Typically the ATFL is torn and depending on the grade/degree of the tear the recovery can be anywhere from a week to 10-12 weeks.

The only evidence we have is that photo and it isn’t totally conclusive, but it appears swollen and bruised. Unless it just looks that way due to the lighting, then this tells me it’s more than just mild, grade 1 sprain. Hauck will never say one way or the other. There’s really no way to know until he steps back on the field.



ilovethecats
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3864
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: Sneed expected out vs. EWU

Post by ilovethecats » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:35 pm

If there is even a 25% chance (not even sure what that means) that sneed can play I think he plays. I’m not saying this is a “must win” per say, but they have a fairly small window considering their last 5 games.



User avatar
tdub
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1343
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:41 pm
Location: Kalispell

Re: Sneed expected out vs. EWU

Post by tdub » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:06 pm

Agreed. I think these next two weeks are absolutely crucial for the griz. I simply have no idea how to predict how the rest of their season will go. Sneed’s availability’s is a big factor. I could argue them finishing 4-1 in their last 5 just as easily as I could argue them finishing 0-5. EWU is a 50/50 game and PSU is on the road...Sneed’s availability for PSU may be the swing factor there. Idaho is Jeckyl-Hyde so could go either way. Weebs is a likely loss. And Cat/Griz always has the unknown factor.


Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

User avatar
RickRund
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3739
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: Sneed expected out vs. EWU

Post by RickRund » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:10 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:35 pm
If there is even a 25% chance (not even sure what that means) that sneed can play I think he plays. I’m not saying this is a “must win” per say, but they have a fairly small window considering their last 5 games.
So to win a game hauck throws him out there and he rolls it again. Then he is really in deep stuff. Hey, if that is how they want to play it!



ilovethecats
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3864
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: Sneed expected out vs. EWU

Post by ilovethecats » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:17 pm

RickRund wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:10 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:35 pm
If there is even a 25% chance (not even sure what that means) that sneed can play I think he plays. I’m not saying this is a “must win” per say, but they have a fairly small window considering their last 5 games.
So to win a game hauck throws him out there and he rolls it again. Then he is really in deep stuff. Hey, if that is how they want to play it!
That’s why coaching is hard. Obviously if he feels like it’s a given sneed would re-injure it then that’s different. But if it’s good enough for sneed to move around, and it’s obvious he gives them the best chance to win, you can bet sneed will be out there.



TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 13235
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Sneed expected out vs. EWU

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:12 pm

They could play Sneed against EWU and still lose if he's only 50%. He creates a lot of open passing lanes by moving around. I think they have a real good shot at winning if Sneed is healthy. On the other hand EWU had the week off and they're just a team you have to be wary of.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

User avatar
Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1085
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:47 pm

Re: Sneed expected out vs. EWU

Post by Darth Yoda » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:37 pm

Serious question. Who is QB3 over there? Cam got lit up pretty bad at least once against Sac, and in the instance I remember he was kind of slow to get up.



Blackfoot Griz
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:08 pm

Re: Sneed expected out vs. EWU

Post by Blackfoot Griz » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:43 pm

Dante Olsen?



ilovethecats
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3864
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: Sneed expected out vs. EWU

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:46 pm

Blackfoot Griz wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:43 pm
Dante Olsen?
He wishes...



User avatar
HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6500
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Helena, Montana

Re: Sneed expected out vs. EWU

Post by HelenaCat95 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:48 pm

Darth Yoda wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:37 pm
Serious question. Who is QB3 over there? Cam got lit up pretty bad at least once against Sac, and in the instance I remember he was kind of slow to get up.
I'm guessing Garrett Graves.



91catAlum
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6501
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: Clancy, MT

Re: Sneed expected out vs. EWU

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:29 pm

Blackfoot Griz wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:43 pm
Dante Olsen?
Ha!


Image

User avatar
RickRund
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3739
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: Sneed expected out vs. EWU

Post by RickRund » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:44 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:12 pm
They could play Sneed against EWU and still lose if he's only 50%. He creates a lot of open passing lanes by moving around. I think they have a real good shot at winning if Sneed is healthy. On the other hand EWU had the week off and they're just a team you have to be wary of.
Did I see/hear something about ewu finally getting several injured players back which will improve their team quality?



User avatar
Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1085
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:47 pm

Re: Sneed expected out vs. EWU

Post by Darth Yoda » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:01 pm

HelenaCat95 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:48 pm
Darth Yoda wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:37 pm
Serious question. Who is QB3 over there? Cam got lit up pretty bad at least once against Sac, and in the instance I remember he was kind of slow to get up.
I'm guessing Garrett Graves.
Oh man I smell blood in the water. If that is who plays in this year's Brawl, I'm thinking that would be a lot like the 2003 Brawl when Kyle Samson played completed 5 passes for 32 yards with 2 interceptions.



TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 13235
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Sneed expected out vs. EWU

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:13 pm

Darth Yoda wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:01 pm
HelenaCat95 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:48 pm
Darth Yoda wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:37 pm
Serious question. Who is QB3 over there? Cam got lit up pretty bad at least once against Sac, and in the instance I remember he was kind of slow to get up.
I'm guessing Garrett Graves.
Oh man I smell blood in the water. If that is who plays in this year's Brawl, I'm thinking that would be a lot like the 2003 Brawl when Kyle Samson played completed 5 passes for 32 yards with 2 interceptions.
That thing with Kyle Samson. I don’t recall any of it. In 2003 Craig Ochs was the UM starter.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 13235
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Sneed expected out vs. EWU

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:14 pm

RickRund wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:44 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:12 pm
They could play Sneed against EWU and still lose if he's only 50%. He creates a lot of open passing lanes by moving around. I think they have a real good shot at winning if Sneed is healthy. On the other hand EWU had the week off and they're just a team you have to be wary of.
Did I see/hear something about ewu finally getting several injured players back which will improve their team quality?
I never heard any were hurt or that any were coming back.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

User avatar
Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1085
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:47 pm

Re: Sneed expected out vs. EWU

Post by Darth Yoda » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:19 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:13 pm
Darth Yoda wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:01 pm
HelenaCat95 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:48 pm
Darth Yoda wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:37 pm
Serious question. Who is QB3 over there? Cam got lit up pretty bad at least once against Sac, and in the instance I remember he was kind of slow to get up.
I'm guessing Garrett Graves.
Oh man I smell blood in the water. If that is who plays in this year's Brawl, I'm thinking that would be a lot like the 2003 Brawl when Kyle Samson played completed 5 passes for 32 yards with 2 interceptions.
That thing with Kyle Samson. I don’t recall any of it. In 2003 Craig Ochs was the UM starter.
Maybe I'm off on the year. One of those years um came to Bozeman banged up at QB, went with their 3rd or 4th stringer and tried to run option. We beat them that day.



User avatar
grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5791
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:23 pm
Location: Billings via Livingston
Contact:

Re: Sneed expected out vs. EWU

Post by grizzh8r » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:48 pm

Darth Yoda wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:19 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:13 pm
Darth Yoda wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:01 pm
HelenaCat95 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:48 pm
Darth Yoda wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:37 pm
Serious question. Who is QB3 over there? Cam got lit up pretty bad at least once against Sac, and in the instance I remember he was kind of slow to get up.
I'm guessing Garrett Graves.
Oh man I smell blood in the water. If that is who plays in this year's Brawl, I'm thinking that would be a lot like the 2003 Brawl when Kyle Samson played completed 5 passes for 32 yards with 2 interceptions.
That thing with Kyle Samson. I don’t recall any of it. In 2003 Craig Ochs was the UM starter.
Maybe I'm off on the year. One of those years um came to Bozeman banged up at QB, went with their 3rd or 4th stringer and tried to run option. We beat them that day.
Wasn't 03 (ochs) and it wasn't 05 (freshman Bergquist I think?). Granted, those were 16 and 14 years ago. I was at both of those games and I don't drink, so I'd like to think I'd remember if they tried to run option. Don't even recall the name Kyle Sampson.


Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Retard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

Rich K
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3340
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:40 pm
Location: Cody WY

Re: Sneed expected out vs. EWU

Post by Rich K » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:09 pm

grizzh8r wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:48 pm
Darth Yoda wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:19 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:13 pm
Darth Yoda wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:01 pm
HelenaCat95 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:48 pm
Darth Yoda wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:37 pm
Serious question. Who is QB3 over there? Cam got lit up pretty bad at least once against Sac, and in the instance I remember he was kind of slow to get up.
I'm guessing Garrett Graves.
Oh man I smell blood in the water. If that is who plays in this year's Brawl, I'm thinking that would be a lot like the 2003 Brawl when Kyle Samson played completed 5 passes for 32 yards with 2 interceptions.
That thing with Kyle Samson. I don’t recall any of it. In 2003 Craig Ochs was the UM starter.
Maybe I'm off on the year. One of those years um came to Bozeman banged up at QB, went with their 3rd or 4th stringer and tried to run option. We beat them that day.
Wasn't 03 (ochs) and it wasn't 05 (freshman Bergquist I think?). Granted, those were 16 and 14 years ago. I was at both of those games and I don't drink, so I'd like to think I'd remember if they tried to run option. Don't even recall the name Kyle Sampson.
Here you go
https://skylinesportsmt.com/next-man-up ... toric-run/


Image

User avatar
grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5791
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:23 pm
Location: Billings via Livingston
Contact:

Re: Sneed expected out vs. EWU

Post by grizzh8r » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:30 pm

Rich K wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:09 pm
grizzh8r wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:48 pm
Darth Yoda wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:19 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:13 pm
Darth Yoda wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:01 pm
HelenaCat95 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:48 pm
Darth Yoda wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:37 pm
Serious question. Who is QB3 over there? Cam got lit up pretty bad at least once against Sac, and in the instance I remember he was kind of slow to get up.
I'm guessing Garrett Graves.
Oh man I smell blood in the water. If that is who plays in this year's Brawl, I'm thinking that would be a lot like the 2003 Brawl when Kyle Samson played completed 5 passes for 32 yards with 2 interceptions.
That thing with Kyle Samson. I don’t recall any of it. In 2003 Craig Ochs was the UM starter.
Maybe I'm off on the year. One of those years um came to Bozeman banged up at QB, went with their 3rd or 4th stringer and tried to run option. We beat them that day.
Wasn't 03 (ochs) and it wasn't 05 (freshman Bergquist I think?). Granted, those were 16 and 14 years ago. I was at both of those games and I don't drink, so I'd like to think I'd remember if they tried to run option. Don't even recall the name Kyle Sampson.
Here you go
https://skylinesportsmt.com/next-man-up ... toric-run/
Thanks for that, Rich! That said, Ochs was the QB for Cat/griz 2003:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/r ... =233260147


Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Retard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

User avatar
Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1085
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:47 pm

Re: Sneed expected out vs. EWU

Post by Darth Yoda » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:17 am

grizzh8r wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:30 pm
Rich K wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:09 pm
grizzh8r wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:48 pm
Darth Yoda wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:19 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:13 pm
Darth Yoda wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:01 pm
HelenaCat95 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:48 pm
Darth Yoda wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:37 pm
Serious question. Who is QB3 over there? Cam got lit up pretty bad at least once against Sac, and in the instance I remember he was kind of slow to get up.
I'm guessing Garrett Graves.
Oh man I smell blood in the water. If that is who plays in this year's Brawl, I'm thinking that would be a lot like the 2003 Brawl when Kyle Samson played completed 5 passes for 32 yards with 2 interceptions.
That thing with Kyle Samson. I don’t recall any of it. In 2003 Craig Ochs was the UM starter.
Maybe I'm off on the year. One of those years um came to Bozeman banged up at QB, went with their 3rd or 4th stringer and tried to run option. We beat them that day.
Wasn't 03 (ochs) and it wasn't 05 (freshman Bergquist I think?). Granted, those were 16 and 14 years ago. I was at both of those games and I don't drink, so I'd like to think I'd remember if they tried to run option. Don't even recall the name Kyle Sampson.
Here you go
https://skylinesportsmt.com/next-man-up ... toric-run/
Thanks for that, Rich! That said, Ochs was the QB for Cat/griz 2003:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/r ... =233260147
I can't find the full box score for that game, but I suspect it will show several stats by Samson (at QB). I had a front row seat for that game and remember nearly crapping myself when those guys ran a conventional option, but clearly Ochs played the majority.



Post Reply