Sneed expected out vs. EWU

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Sneed expected out vs. EWU

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:50 pm

Hauck reportedly said during the filming of the Grizzly Sports Report that he "expects to be without QB Dalton Sneed this week against Eastern Washington."

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Re: Sneed expected out vs. EWU

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:07 pm

That sucks, hopefully it's not anything serious. Looked like he jammed or twisted it when he stuck his foot out to catch himself from falling.

Griz offense could be in trouble without him.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:10 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:07 pm
That sucks, hopefully it's not anything serious. Looked like he jammed or twisted it when he stuck his for out to catch himself from falling.

If it’s a high ankle sprain, those can take quite a bit of time to heal from what I’ve read.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:38 pm

Cledus wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:10 pm
91catAlum wrote:
That sucks, hopefully it's not anything serious. Looked like he jammed or twisted it when he stuck his for out to catch himself from falling.

If it’s a high ankle sprain, those can take quite a bit of time to heal from what I’ve read.
Isn't that what TA has been fighting? Or at least one of his injuries.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:24 pm

91catAlum wrote:
That sucks, hopefully it's not anything serious. Looked like he jammed or twisted it when he stuck his foot out to catch himself from falling.

That’s being kind. They can’t run and they can’t defend. Without the magic Sneed can provide, when he’s not turning the ball over, they’re going to have to play out of their minds to win games.

I wonder if their backup qb just automatically is garbage at the position like every other teams backup qb is. According to griz fans....

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:10 pm

Sneed will be playing Saturday, that's just booby trying to play games with eastern and their preparation. Their backup is not good despite what they tell themselves on egriz. If Sneed really is out you can put a fork in The griz.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Darth Yoda » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:18 pm

Here's a pic in the Missoulian today. I can't believe they made Sneed so available after the game for photos, particularly if Bob wants to do the 'ole Josh Buss smoke and mirrors routine. It looks pretty bad to me although the location is intriguing. It's almost like his foot was stomped on from the top.

https://missoulian.com/sports/local/pho ... 8e.html#16

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:22 pm

seataccat wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:10 pm
Sneed will be playing Saturday, that's just booby trying to play games with eastern and their preparation. Their backup is not good despite what they tell themselves on egriz. If Sneed really is out you can put a fork in The griz.
Well I think I recall you saying that UM would beat SAC just as bad (or was it worse?) than they beat Davis. :lol:

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:25 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:50 pm
Hauck reportedly said during the filming of the Grizzly Sports Report that he "expects to be without QB Dalton Sneed this week against Eastern Washington."
Coming from bobby, that makes me think Snead is playing.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:28 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:25 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:50 pm
Coming from bobby, that makes me think Snead is playing.
Good point. In the past, he's reliably made a big production about not discussing injuries. But now he is discussing injuries? :-k :-k

WeedKillinCat
Member # Retired

Post by WeedKillinCat » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:35 pm

Just a ploy by Hoooook

1993 Agronomy
If You Want To Get To Heaven-----You Gotta Raise A Little Hell

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:54 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:22 pm
seataccat wrote:
Well I think I recall you saying that UM would beat SAC just as bad (or was it worse?) than they beat Davis. :lol:
That is certainly what I thought. I even offered to take the bet and let you win your money back. But after watching SSU dismantle the griz and seeing how bad their backup played it seems pretty obvious to me.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:08 pm

seataccat wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:54 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:22 pm
seataccat wrote:
That is certainly what I thought. I even offered to take the bet and let you win your money back. But after watching SSU dismantle the griz and seeing how bad their backup played it seems pretty obvious to me.
You did? Dang, how'd I miss that? :oops: :lol:

toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:15 pm

Darth Yoda wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:18 pm
Here's a pic in the Missoulian today. I can't believe they made Sneed so available after the game for photos, particularly if Bob wants to do the 'ole Josh Buss smoke and mirrors routine. It looks pretty bad to me although the location is intriguing. It's almost like his foot was stomped on from the top.

https://missoulian.com/sports/local/pho ... 8e.html#16
Whoa, that photo looks really bad!! A lot of swelling! The photo of Sneed's foot isn't too pretty either.

toM StUber

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:53 pm

I wonder if this is like Gage Gubrud's injury in that it wasn't particularly serious, but it took so long to heal he missed the rest of his senior season.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:19 am

Cledus wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:53 pm
I wonder if this is like Gage Gubrud's injury in that it wasn't particularly serious, but it took so long to heal he missed the rest of his senior season.
I sure hope not. I want them at full strength when we kick their ass for the 4peat and show them how overrated they are.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:00 am

Cledus wrote:
Probably not. There are so many varieties and degrees of ankle sprains. Based on the photo I’d say he rolled it really bad at least. It’s pretty swollen and you can see bruising. I find it odd that he was on the sidelines standing with crutches. They should’ve had it elevated, especially when he had to sit in an airplane for a couple hours. You see that a lot though and he probably insisted on being on the sidelines.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:57 am

iaafan wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:00 am
Cledus wrote:
Probably not. There are so many varieties and degrees of ankle sprains. Based on the photo I’d say he rolled it really bad at least. It’s pretty swollen and you can see bruising. I find it odd that he was on the sidelines standing with crutches. They should’ve had it elevated, especially when he had to sit in an airplane for a couple hours. You see that a lot though and he probably insisted on being on the sidelines.
Yeah, should have elevated it if it is a bad ankle sprain. The real pain and swelling will come in the next 2-3 days once that blood travels down to the foot. I'm surprised the ankle was not taped and he was not sitting/elevating it. You know Bobby though. I could see them taping it and trotting him out there to play next week. Hopefully it is healed up before Cat/Griz.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:18 am

CARDIAC_CATS wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:57 am
iaafan wrote:
Cledus wrote:
Yeah, should have elevated it if it is a bad ankle sprain. The real pain and swelling will come in the next 2-3 days once that blood travels down to the foot. I'm surprised the ankle was not taped and he was not sitting/elevating it. You know Bobby though. I could see them taping it and trotting him out there to play next week. Hopefully it is healed up before Cat/Griz.
Thing about it is that its his right foot, if he does play how will that affect his throwing motion and mobility. If ankle is very bad it might be better to play the backup rather than throwing interceptions. I dont believe anything Bobby says to the press, we will see when they take the field.

EWU is getting healthy again, QB is close to 100% and they expect 3 starters back on defense that have played very little this year.

could be a season defining game for both teams

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:32 am

iaafan wrote:
Cledus wrote:
I watched the replay and his ankle wasn't rolled inward, like a typical ankle injury. It bent outwards. I looked up a high ankle sprain last night and that's how the article I read described it. I'm not trying to diagnose his injury.

Maybe all he has is a bruise and sitting him out was a precaution. Maybe he does have the typical sprain we all think of and have probably had ourselves. But I can tell with certainty on that play his ankle bent outwards.