Sneed expected out vs. EWU

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 13230
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Sneed expected out vs. EWU

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:50 pm

Hauck reportedly said during the filming of the Grizzly Sports Report that he "expects to be without QB Dalton Sneed this week against Eastern Washington."


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6498
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: Clancy, MT

Re: Sneed expected out vs. EWU

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:07 pm

That sucks, hopefully it's not anything serious. Looked like he jammed or twisted it when he stuck his foot out to catch himself from falling.

Griz offense could be in trouble without him.


Image

User avatar
Cledus
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4206
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:18 pm
Location: Billings Heights

Re: Sneed expected out vs. EWU

Post by Cledus » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:10 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:07 pm
That sucks, hopefully it's not anything serious. Looked like he jammed or twisted it when he stuck his for out to catch himself from falling.

Griz offense could be in trouble without him.
If it’s a high ankle sprain, those can take quite a bit of time to heal from what I’ve read.



User avatar
RickRund
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3739
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: Sneed expected out vs. EWU

Post by RickRund » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:38 pm

Cledus wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:10 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:07 pm
That sucks, hopefully it's not anything serious. Looked like he jammed or twisted it when he stuck his for out to catch himself from falling.

Griz offense could be in trouble without him.
If it’s a high ankle sprain, those can take quite a bit of time to heal from what I’ve read.
Isn't that what TA has been fighting? Or at least one of his injuries.



ilovethecats
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3862
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: Sneed expected out vs. EWU

Post by ilovethecats » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:24 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:07 pm
That sucks, hopefully it's not anything serious. Looked like he jammed or twisted it when he stuck his foot out to catch himself from falling.

Griz offense could be in trouble without him.
That’s being kind. They can’t run and they can’t defend. Without the magic Sneed can provide, when he’s not turning the ball over, they’re going to have to play out of their minds to win games.

I wonder if their backup qb just automatically is garbage at the position like every other teams backup qb is. According to griz fans....



User avatar
seataccat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1034
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:40 pm
Location: Portland or Seattle

Re: Sneed expected out vs. EWU

Post by seataccat » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:10 pm

Sneed will be playing Saturday, that's just booby trying to play games with eastern and their preparation. Their backup is not good despite what they tell themselves on egriz. If Sneed really is out you can put a fork in The griz.


"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

User avatar
Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1085
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:47 pm

Re: Sneed expected out vs. EWU

Post by Darth Yoda » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:18 pm

Here's a pic in the Missoulian today. I can't believe they made Sneed so available after the game for photos, particularly if Bob wants to do the 'ole Josh Buss smoke and mirrors routine. It looks pretty bad to me although the location is intriguing. It's almost like his foot was stomped on from the top.

https://missoulian.com/sports/local/pho ... 8e.html#16



TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 13230
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Sneed expected out vs. EWU

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:22 pm

seataccat wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:10 pm
Sneed will be playing Saturday, that's just booby trying to play games with eastern and their preparation. Their backup is not good despite what they tell themselves on egriz. If Sneed really is out you can put a fork in The griz.
Well I think I recall you saying that UM would beat SAC just as bad (or was it worse?) than they beat Davis. :lol:


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9438
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Sneed expected out vs. EWU

Post by wbtfg » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:25 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:50 pm
Hauck reportedly said during the filming of the Grizzly Sports Report that he "expects to be without QB Dalton Sneed this week against Eastern Washington."
Coming from bobby, that makes me think Snead is playing.



User avatar
Cledus
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4206
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:18 pm
Location: Billings Heights

Re: Sneed expected out vs. EWU

Post by Cledus » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:28 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:25 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:50 pm
Hauck reportedly said during the filming of the Grizzly Sports Report that he "expects to be without QB Dalton Sneed this week against Eastern Washington."
Coming from bobby, that makes me think Snead is playing.
Good point. In the past, he's reliably made a big production about not discussing injuries. But now he is discussing injuries? :-k :-k



User avatar
WeedKillinCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1851
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:19 pm
Location: Billings Heights

Re: Sneed expected out vs. EWU

Post by WeedKillinCat » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:35 pm

Just a ploy by Hoooook


1993 Agronomy
If You Want To Get To Heaven-----You Gotta Raise A Little Hell

User avatar
seataccat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1034
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:40 pm
Location: Portland or Seattle

Re: Sneed expected out vs. EWU

Post by seataccat » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:54 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:22 pm
seataccat wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:10 pm
Sneed will be playing Saturday, that's just booby trying to play games with eastern and their preparation. Their backup is not good despite what they tell themselves on egriz. If Sneed really is out you can put a fork in The griz.
Well I think I recall you saying that UM would beat SAC just as bad (or was it worse?) than they beat Davis. :lol:
That is certainly what I thought. I even offered to take the bet and let you win your money back. But after watching SSU dismantle the griz and seeing how bad their backup played it seems pretty obvious to me.


"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 13230
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Sneed expected out vs. EWU

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:08 pm

seataccat wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:54 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:22 pm
seataccat wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:10 pm
Sneed will be playing Saturday, that's just booby trying to play games with eastern and their preparation. Their backup is not good despite what they tell themselves on egriz. If Sneed really is out you can put a fork in The griz.
Well I think I recall you saying that UM would beat SAC just as bad (or was it worse?) than they beat Davis. :lol:
That is certainly what I thought. I even offered to take the bet and let you win your money back. But after watching SSU dismantle the griz and seeing how bad their backup played it seems pretty obvious to me.
You did? Dang, how'd I miss that? :oops: :lol:


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 13230
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Sneed expected out vs. EWU

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:15 pm

Darth Yoda wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:18 pm
Here's a pic in the Missoulian today. I can't believe they made Sneed so available after the game for photos, particularly if Bob wants to do the 'ole Josh Buss smoke and mirrors routine. It looks pretty bad to me although the location is intriguing. It's almost like his foot was stomped on from the top.

https://missoulian.com/sports/local/pho ... 8e.html#16
Whoa, that photo looks really bad!! A lot of swelling! The photo of Sneed's foot isn't too pretty either.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

User avatar
Cledus
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4206
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:18 pm
Location: Billings Heights

Re: Sneed expected out vs. EWU

Post by Cledus » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:53 pm

I wonder if this is like Gage Gubrud's injury in that it wasn't particularly serious, but it took so long to heal he missed the rest of his senior season.



91catAlum
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6498
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: Clancy, MT

Re: Sneed expected out vs. EWU

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:19 am

Cledus wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:53 pm
I wonder if this is like Gage Gubrud's injury in that it wasn't particularly serious, but it took so long to heal he missed the rest of his senior season.
I sure hope not. I want them at full strength when we kick their ass for the 4peat and show them how overrated they are.


Image

iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4558
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Sneed expected out vs. EWU

Post by iaafan » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:00 am

Cledus wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:53 pm
I wonder if this is like Gage Gubrud's injury in that it wasn't particularly serious, but it took so long to heal he missed the rest of his senior season.
Probably not. There are so many varieties and degrees of ankle sprains. Based on the photo I’d say he rolled it really bad at least. It’s pretty swollen and you can see bruising. I find it odd that he was on the sidelines standing with crutches. They should’ve had it elevated, especially when he had to sit in an airplane for a couple hours. You see that a lot though and he probably insisted on being on the sidelines.



User avatar
CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7764
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:37 am

Re: Sneed expected out vs. EWU

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:57 am

iaafan wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:00 am
Cledus wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:53 pm
I wonder if this is like Gage Gubrud's injury in that it wasn't particularly serious, but it took so long to heal he missed the rest of his senior season.
Probably not. There are so many varieties and degrees of ankle sprains. Based on the photo I’d say he rolled it really bad at least. It’s pretty swollen and you can see bruising. I find it odd that he was on the sidelines standing with crutches. They should’ve had it elevated, especially when he had to sit in an airplane for a couple hours. You see that a lot though and he probably insisted on being on the sidelines.
Yeah, should have elevated it if it is a bad ankle sprain. The real pain and swelling will come in the next 2-3 days once that blood travels down to the foot. I'm surprised the ankle was not taped and he was not sitting/elevating it. You know Bobby though. I could see them taping it and trotting him out there to play next week. Hopefully it is healed up before Cat/Griz.



User avatar
cats2506
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7966
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:35 pm
Location: Lewistown

Re: Sneed expected out vs. EWU

Post by cats2506 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:18 am

CARDIAC_CATS wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:57 am
iaafan wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:00 am
Cledus wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:53 pm
I wonder if this is like Gage Gubrud's injury in that it wasn't particularly serious, but it took so long to heal he missed the rest of his senior season.
Probably not. There are so many varieties and degrees of ankle sprains. Based on the photo I’d say he rolled it really bad at least. It’s pretty swollen and you can see bruising. I find it odd that he was on the sidelines standing with crutches. They should’ve had it elevated, especially when he had to sit in an airplane for a couple hours. You see that a lot though and he probably insisted on being on the sidelines.
Yeah, should have elevated it if it is a bad ankle sprain. The real pain and swelling will come in the next 2-3 days once that blood travels down to the foot. I'm surprised the ankle was not taped and he was not sitting/elevating it. You know Bobby though. I could see them taping it and trotting him out there to play next week. Hopefully it is healed up before Cat/Griz.
Thing about it is that its his right foot, if he does play how will that affect his throwing motion and mobility. If ankle is very bad it might be better to play the backup rather than throwing interceptions. I dont believe anything Bobby says to the press, we will see when they take the field.

EWU is getting healthy again, QB is close to 100% and they expect 3 starters back on defense that have played very little this year.

could be a season defining game for both teams


PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

User avatar
Cledus
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4206
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:18 pm
Location: Billings Heights

Re: Sneed expected out vs. EWU

Post by Cledus » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:32 am

iaafan wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:00 am
Cledus wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:53 pm
I wonder if this is like Gage Gubrud's injury in that it wasn't particularly serious, but it took so long to heal he missed the rest of his senior season.
Probably not. There are so many varieties and degrees of ankle sprains. Based on the photo I’d say he rolled it really bad at least. It’s pretty swollen and you can see bruising. I find it odd that he was on the sidelines standing with crutches. They should’ve had it elevated, especially when he had to sit in an airplane for a couple hours. You see that a lot though and he probably insisted on being on the sidelines.
I watched the replay and his ankle wasn't rolled inward, like a typical ankle injury. It bent outwards. I looked up a high ankle sprain last night and that's how the article I read described it. I'm not trying to diagnose his injury.

Maybe all he has is a bruise and sitting him out was a precaution. Maybe he does have the typical sprain we all think of and have probably had ourselves. But I can tell with certainty on that play his ankle bent outwards.



Post Reply