um enrollment

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4194
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: um enrollment

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:29 pm

Go Scats Go wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:01 pm
I know the flamers are coming, but a serious question

Why do cat fans care?

Over the past few years these same threads are started on bn many times and it really strikes of "red headed stepchild behavior", please take no offense if you are red-headed.

I for one could not give a crap about how many students go to msu, Idaho, EWU of any other school and I certainly don't give a crap about what bozeman is doing with their school.

They are different schools with different reasons for existing. One is (generally) liberal arts/ business and one is (generally) engineering/ Ag. One is more liberal and one is more conservative.

So UM might have to change the way they do things, doesn't msu re-evaluate each year and make adjustments/ changes?

So seriously why do you care about how many students are going to UM?
:lol:

Same reason why any of us “care” about ANYTHING happening at the other school. Why do griz fans care about our stadium? Or our offensive coordinator? Or our president? Or our porta potties? Or any time a Cat player gets in trouble? Or.....a million other things cat fans and griz fans argue about.

Are you really trying to convince any of us that if the tables were turned, and UM enrollment was at an all time high setting records every single year while MSU enrollment was declining every single year.....that griz fans wouldn’t have an interest in that?! It’s laughable even trying to imagine.

For the record I’m one that would like to see UM turn it around in regards to student enrollment. The current situation over there is frankly embarrassing. It just doesn’t appear to me they are being very proactive in turning it around but i suppose time will tell.



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4766
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: um enrollment

Post by iaafan » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:09 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:29 pm
Go Scats Go wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:01 pm
I know the flamers are coming, but a serious question

Why do cat fans care?

Over the past few years these same threads are started on bn many times and it really strikes of "red headed stepchild behavior", please take no offense if you are red-headed.

I for one could not give a crap about how many students go to msu, Idaho, EWU of any other school and I certainly don't give a crap about what bozeman is doing with their school.

They are different schools with different reasons for existing. One is (generally) liberal arts/ business and one is (generally) engineering/ Ag. One is more liberal and one is more conservative.

So UM might have to change the way they do things, doesn't msu re-evaluate each year and make adjustments/ changes?

So seriously why do you care about how many students are going to UM?
:lol:

Same reason why any of us “care” about ANYTHING happening at the other school. Why do griz fans care about our stadium? Or our offensive coordinator? Or our president? Or our porta potties? Or any time a Cat player gets in trouble? Or.....a million other things cat fans and griz fans argue about.

Are you really trying to convince any of us that if the tables were turned, and UM enrollment was at an all time high setting records every single year while MSU enrollment was declining every single year.....that griz fans wouldn’t have an interest in that?! It’s laughable even trying to imagine.

For the record I’m one that would like to see UM turn it around in regards to student enrollment. The current situation over there is frankly embarrassing. It just doesn’t appear to me they are being very proactive in turning it around but i suppose time will tell.
This is what happens when you get things too easily. Curriculum isn’t conducive to today’s economic climate. A billionaire gifts you a football stadium that is easily the nicest in the conference when it’s built. Administrators and coaches turning a blind eye on everything. As soon as some adversity comes along no one is equipped to handle it. Then as soon as things settle down a rehire of the coach who allowed a bunch of crimes to fester and throw the program into the dumpster, which one of its members literally went back into last weekend.



Cataholic
Member # Retired
Posts: 2273
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: um enrollment

Post by Cataholic » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:45 am

Go Scats Go wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:01 pm
I know the flamers are coming, but a serious question

Why do cat fans care?

Over the past few years these same threads are started on bn many times and it really strikes of "red headed stepchild behavior", please take no offense if you are red-headed.

I for one could not give a crap about how many students go to msu, Idaho, EWU of any other school and I certainly don't give a crap about what bozeman is doing with their school.

They are different schools with different reasons for existing. One is (generally) liberal arts/ business and one is (generally) engineering/ Ag. One is more liberal and one is more conservative.

So UM might have to change the way they do things, doesn't msu re-evaluate each year and make adjustments/ changes?

So seriously why do you care about how many students are going to UM?
Talk about red headed step child syndrome... you spend more time at bobcat nation than many of us, and your a moderator at Egriz!

As for UM school, I have an MBA from the school and am proud of that degree. It is sad that UM continues to falter and it also has an adverse financial effect on MSU as we will subsidize UM until they can be self sufficient. According to the MSU BILLINGS website, MSUB expects to surpass 6,000 undergrads by 2025. UM is currently at 5,600 and on a downward trend. That is a scary fact. Add that the egotistical UM fanbase is constantly chirping about having the premier university in the state, actual trends show that UM will be the third largest university in the state in the next 10 years.



User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4038
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: um enrollment

Post by RickRund » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:12 am

I guess if you were in the market to buy stocks for your retirement you probably wouldn't buy JCP (JC Penneys) at $0.72 and would probably grab some MSFT (Microsoft) for $185.45 a share.
One company is somehow still hanging on and many wonder why it has not gone the way of the Edsel while another has revamped it premier Sports car with a wild mid-engine beast that goes from 0-60 in 2.9 seconds. A bit of an exaggeration on both ends but hopefully you get the point go scats go...



Rich K
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3463
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:40 pm
Location: Cody WY

Re: um enrollment

Post by Rich K » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:20 am

Go Scats Go wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:01 pm
I know the flamers are coming, but a serious question

Why do cat fans care?

Over the past few years these same threads are started on bn many times and it really strikes of "red headed stepchild behavior", please take no offense if you are red-headed.

I for one could not give a crap about how many students go to msu, Idaho, EWU of any other school and I certainly don't give a crap about what bozeman is doing with their school.

They are different schools with different reasons for existing. One is (generally) liberal arts/ business and one is (generally) engineering/ Ag. One is more liberal and one is more conservative.

So UM might have to change the way they do things, doesn't msu re-evaluate each year and make adjustments/ changes?

So seriously why do you care about how many students are going to UM?
I have deep ties to Montana such that even living in Wyoming I still care about what happens in the State of Montana.
Conversely, the fact that you have to ask such a question is why you'll never amount to anything more than a pissant troll on Bobcatnation.


Image

User avatar
Go Scats Go
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1961
Joined: Wed May 11, 2005 10:24 pm
Location: MT

Re: um enrollment

Post by Go Scats Go » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:14 pm

Rich K wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:20 am
Go Scats Go wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:01 pm
I know the flamers are coming, but a serious question

Why do cat fans care?

Over the past few years these same threads are started on bn many times and it really strikes of "red headed stepchild behavior", please take no offense if you are red-headed.

I for one could not give a crap about how many students go to msu, Idaho, EWU of any other school and I certainly don't give a crap about what bozeman is doing with their school.

They are different schools with different reasons for existing. One is (generally) liberal arts/ business and one is (generally) engineering/ Ag. One is more liberal and one is more conservative.

So UM might have to change the way they do things, doesn't msu re-evaluate each year and make adjustments/ changes?

So seriously why do you care about how many students are going to UM?
I have deep ties to Montana such that even living in Wyoming I still care about what happens in the State of Montana.
Conversely, the fact that you have to ask such a question is why you'll never amount to anything more than a pissant troll on Bobcatnation.
Surprised it took several posts before someone flamed... Oh well one can only hope it gets back to a conversation.

And no, I really don't care about msu, their stadium, their fans or their student numbers. It just amazes me that cat fans keep bringing this up.


CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

bobcat99
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3658
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:11 am

Re: um enrollment

Post by bobcat99 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:16 pm

Go Scats Go wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:14 pm
Rich K wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:20 am
Go Scats Go wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:01 pm
I know the flamers are coming, but a serious question

Why do cat fans care?

Over the past few years these same threads are started on bn many times and it really strikes of "red headed stepchild behavior", please take no offense if you are red-headed.

I for one could not give a crap about how many students go to msu, Idaho, EWU of any other school and I certainly don't give a crap about what bozeman is doing with their school.

They are different schools with different reasons for existing. One is (generally) liberal arts/ business and one is (generally) engineering/ Ag. One is more liberal and one is more conservative.

So UM might have to change the way they do things, doesn't msu re-evaluate each year and make adjustments/ changes?

So seriously why do you care about how many students are going to UM?
I have deep ties to Montana such that even living in Wyoming I still care about what happens in the State of Montana.
Conversely, the fact that you have to ask such a question is why you'll never amount to anything more than a pissant troll on Bobcatnation.
Surprised it took several posts before someone flamed... Oh well one can only hope it gets back to a conversation.

And no, I really don't care about msu, their stadium, their fans or their student numbers. It just amazes me that cat fans keep bringing this up.
Nope. You sure don't care about MSU.

That's why you have almost 2,000 posts on an MSU board. No cares given at all.



ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4194
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: um enrollment

Post by ilovethecats » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:34 am

bobcat99 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:16 pm
Go Scats Go wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:14 pm
Rich K wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:20 am
Go Scats Go wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:01 pm
I know the flamers are coming, but a serious question

Why do cat fans care?

Over the past few years these same threads are started on bn many times and it really strikes of "red headed stepchild behavior", please take no offense if you are red-headed.

I for one could not give a crap about how many students go to msu, Idaho, EWU of any other school and I certainly don't give a crap about what bozeman is doing with their school.

They are different schools with different reasons for existing. One is (generally) liberal arts/ business and one is (generally) engineering/ Ag. One is more liberal and one is more conservative.

So UM might have to change the way they do things, doesn't msu re-evaluate each year and make adjustments/ changes?

So seriously why do you care about how many students are going to UM?
I have deep ties to Montana such that even living in Wyoming I still care about what happens in the State of Montana.
Conversely, the fact that you have to ask such a question is why you'll never amount to anything more than a pissant troll on Bobcatnation.
Surprised it took several posts before someone flamed... Oh well one can only hope it gets back to a conversation.

And no, I really don't care about msu, their stadium, their fans or their student numbers. It just amazes me that cat fans keep bringing this up.
Nope. You sure don't care about MSU.

That's why you have almost 2,000 posts on an MSU board. No cares given at all.
As my favorite poster CDA says:

“Thank you for dropping by BOBCATnation.com to explain how you don’t care about anything that has to do with the BOBCATS”



User avatar
The Butcher
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1768
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:51 am

Re: um enrollment

Post by The Butcher » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:20 am

Has their been an internal review of what is happening at UM? All I have ever seen is speculation. A drop as dramatic as this has to have an explanation.



User avatar
BozoneCat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2878
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:15 pm
Location: Boise, ID

Re: um enrollment

Post by BozoneCat » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:12 am

The Butcher wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:20 am
Has their been an internal review of what is happening at UM? All I have ever seen is speculation. A drop as dramatic as this has to have an explanation.
Kind of sad and unbelievable that the State of Montana hasn't ordered an internal review yet. This is ridiculous.


GO CATS GO!!!

Image

Post Reply