Montana-Western new stadium

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Montana-Western new stadium

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:41 pm

Compared to MT Tech, Carroll, and Rocky, Montana-Western's current stadium share with Beaverhead HIgh is not too great. Hope they can raise the money to get it done.

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Montana-Western new stadium

Post by kennethnoisewater » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:54 pm

There's a ton of pride among Western football alums. I hope they can come up with the money too. Problem is, all those guys who are proud of their program are teachers...

3-7-77
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 3-7-77 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:57 am

Teachers.....from a teacher mill. That says it all. :lol: I had never really thought about it before this.

"I'm just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the ass."

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:26 am

3-7-77 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:57 am
Teachers.....from a teacher mill. That says it all. :lol: I had never really thought about it before this.
I used to be a school administrator and some of my closest friends went to school there. It's a great institution and I have recommended it to a ton of kids. I even thought about applying to be their AD a year or so ago, but I just knew fundraising would be tough there. And fundraising is an AD's biggest job anymore. I do think there's a ton of excitement around this though, and they'll get a ton of people giving to the project, even if they're not giving much individually. I'll probably throw in a little bit myself and I have no direct ties.

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Mr Lisle » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:17 am

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:26 am
3-7-77 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:57 am
I used to be a school administrator and some of my closest friends went to school there. It's a great institution and I have recommended it to a ton of kids. I even thought about applying to be their AD a year or so ago, but I just knew fundraising would be tough there. And fundraising is an AD's biggest job anymore. I do think there's a ton of excitement around this though, and they'll get a ton of people giving to the project, even if they're not giving much individually. I'll probably throw in a little bit myself and I have no direct ties.
Western was founded in 1893 (Same year as MSU and um) as Montana State Normal School for the purpose of training elementary level school teachers. It was a two year program. My wife's long deceased aunt went to school there and taught for years in a one-room school house is some little town in northeastern Montana where, as a young woman, married a much older farmer who was a friend of painter Charlie Russell. She had a couple of pen sketches he did of their house and barn. Wonder where those ended up???
Some other famous people associate with the school are former Western and um head coach Mick Delaney (alumn), Bobcat & Colorado State head coach Sonny Lubick (alumn), Western and Bobcat head coach Sonny Holland and Cat coach Jeff Chaote (alumn).
I also could be persuaded to contribute something.