2018 FCS Championship: EWU vs NDSU

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

catscat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: 2018 FCS Championship: EWU vs NDSU

Post by catscat » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:06 pm

How many holds on that Stick TD???

Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:07 pm

The funny part is if kneels at the 1 it really is over. EWU has a glimmer of hope now

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:26 pm

Congrats to Ndsu on their 942nd title or whatever it's up to.

And a big congrats to EWU, you guys played a hell of a game. To only be down 7 with a couple minutes in the game, well it's better than anybody in the country expected. And it was all without your best defensive player and starting QB. Great season for you guys.

Catfanatic84
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catfanatic84 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:59 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:26 pm

And a big congrats to EWU, you guys played a hell of a game. To only be down 7 with a couple minutes in the game, well it's better than anybody in the country expected. And it was all without your best defensive player and starting QB. Great season for you guys.
Yes...good showing by EWU.....I'm thinking the NDSU streak ends next year....losing a lot of seniors and most of the coaching staff. Time for a new champ....hopefully the Cats!

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:13 pm

Catfanatic84 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:59 pm
91catAlum wrote:

Yes...good showing by EWU.....I'm thinking the NDSU streak ends next year....losing a lot of seniors and most of the coaching staff. Time for a new champ....hopefully the Cats!
Let's hope so. Not sure it's good for the FCS to have the same team win the title every year.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:13 pm

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:21 pm

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:21 pm

91catAlum wrote:

Totally agree. I honestly expected EWU to lose by 3-4 tds. All in all a better effort than I expected.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:13 am

Wonder how things might have gone if the defensive MVP of the BSC wasn't a damn idiot...

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:28 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:13 pm
Catfanatic84 wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

Let's hope so. Not sure it's good for the FCS to have the same team win the title every year.
Why? I think that NDSU and their fans would disagree with that, and NDSU has given the FCS the most publicity ever recorded. Prospective 3 and 4 star recruits have taken notice of the Bison and the FCS overall as well. It gives the FCS more relevance in the big picture of College football. IMO it may be bad for fans of other programs, but not the FCS.

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:21 pm

Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:28 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Catfanatic84 wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

Why? I think that NDSU and their fans would disagree with that, and NDSU has given the FCS the most publicity ever recorded. Prospective 3 and 4 star recruits have taken notice of the Bison and the FCS overall as well. It gives the FCS more relevance in the big picture of College football. IMO it may be bad for fans of other programs, but not the FCS.
I think you're probably right, but I don't like it.

I do think it would be better if players and fans from any of 20 or so schools felt like their team had a chance at a National Championship. I agree that NDSU is getting more attention for the FCS, but the game is still on at 10 AM on ESPN2, so not much seems to be changing. Maybe that's just me wanting to think MSU is closer to the level they need to be at to win a National Championship, but if NDSU is the standard, they have a long way to go. I just think parity is a good thing. Not surprisingly, I hate the Golden State Warriors too.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:52 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:21 pm
Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:28 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Catfanatic84 wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

I think you're probably right, but I don't like it.

I do think it would be better if players and fans from any of 20 or so schools felt like their team had a chance at a National Championship. I agree that NDSU is getting more attention for the FCS, but the game is still on at 10 AM on ESPN2, so not much seems to be changing. Maybe that's just me wanting to think MSU is closer to the level they need to be at to win a National Championship, but if NDSU is the standard, they have a long way to go. I just think parity is a good thing. Not surprisingly, I hate the Golden State Warriors too.
Kinda with Noisewater on this one. With NDSU being as dominant as they've been it just paints the picture of FCS as a lesser talent division where one team dominates every year and all the teams battle it out all season to see who gets to lose to them in the national championship. Which..... is pretty much the case.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:26 pm