WAC FCS Football?

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: WAC FCS Football?

Post by allcat » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:56 pm

Siouxfan wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:07 am
cats2506 wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:37 pm
Siouxfan wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:14 pm
This is one of the stupidest boards around. Regular idiots abound here.

Some BSC schools are spending tens of millions to make FBS caliber facilities. Some are not, knowing that they can't afford it.

It's all laid out in the Bozeman paper, but this board is incapable of higher thought.

https://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/s ... ac503.html

SUU, NAU, No Col, Idaho St and Portland St don't have the money so Dixie St will join them at FCS, CWU later, and UVU, Seattle and Metro State of Denver without football later. The rest of the BSC graduates from FCS.
You really think that facilities upgrades and that article are evidence of a desire to move to a P5 conference that nobody watches ant the teams are halfway across the country? If you do then you are stupider than we all thought and we already thought you were really dumb. Maybe you should just stick to hockey.
Have to be invited for a P5, like Utah and TCU, because that's super exclusive and high money. App St, Ga Southern, and Coastal Carolina are who Cruzado wants to be like.. G5's get CFP money with the next contact and they what she wants.

This whole board is completely ignorant about conference politics. MSU is the highest rated academic school in the BSC and Cruzado wants to up the ante.. SUU, NoCo, and Idaho St need to be ditched.
Davis is no academic slouch, did you forget about them?

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:14 pm

allcat wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:56 pm
Siouxfan wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
Siouxfan wrote:

Some BSC schools are spending tens of millions to make FBS caliber facilities. Some are not, knowing that they can't afford it.

It's all laid out in the Bozeman paper, but this board is incapable of higher thought.

SUU, NAU, No Col, Idaho St and Portland St don't have the money so Dixie St will join them at FCS, CWU later, and UVU, Seattle and Metro State of Denver without football later. The rest of the BSC graduates from FCS.
You really think that facilities upgrades and that article are evidence of a desire to move to a P5 conference that nobody watches ant the teams are halfway across the country? If you do then you are stupider than we all thought and we already thought you were really dumb. Maybe you should just stick to hockey.
Have to be invited for a P5, like Utah and TCU, because that's super exclusive and high money. App St, Ga Southern, and Coastal Carolina are who Cruzado wants to be like.. G5's get CFP money with the next contact and they what she wants.

This whole board is completely ignorant about conference politics. MSU is the highest rated academic school in the BSC and Cruzado wants to up the ante.. SUU, NoCo, and Idaho St need to be ditched.
I thought that UCD was above MSU in academics. But since it wasn't mentioned by Sousfan I figured it must not be true. I am glad that Suefan does have a spot at the table with Cruzado, Costello and the BOR.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:27 pm

Siouxfan wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:03 pm
cats2506 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:08 pm
Siouxfan wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
Siouxfan wrote:

Yeah, I meant G5 which is obvious since I commented that nobody watches it. What is the advantage of being in a G5 conference and losing established rivalries. None, all it does is cost more. In case you haven't noticed almost half our roster (and um's too) is Montana kids, if we were to go to a G5 that would be cut at least in half. Why does that matter, support, major parts of our support and historical traditions will be lost by moving up to G5. It would not be a good idea for either university in a state with as small a population as we have.
Losing established rivalries with SUU, NAU, NoCo, Idaho St and Portland St is no big deal because they don’t have fan bases to speak of.

You seem to be wanting NAIA, as then you could have all Montana teams like Montana Tech, Carrol, Northern, MSU-Billings etc and really get the Montanans interested.

Every school that has moved up has seen enrollment increases from more awareness out of state. Going FBS is a tool the Presidents use to increase awareness and hike enrollment, even though it costs more. Research U’s like MSU either move up or they stay DIII. The CFP pot will increase at the next contract in 2025, and Cruzado wants a small piece of it. FCS is almost a sure way to lose money as the CFP has changed the economics of FBS. NDSU has lost enrollment almost every year it won FCS, so piss on that. FCS gives almost no national awareness. FBS at least gets the scores announced.

MSU just spent $18 million on FBS facilities but this board has no clue why.

Idaho never wanted to move down but it no longer had regional rivals and would have paid bookoo bucks to get home games but will soon have a regional FBS conference. EWU doesn’t have much in academics, but it knows how to win and is near Spokane. Weber St has the same issue, but a different metro area. And of course Montana, who have been ahead of you in facilities. So its not like you will move up without rivals.
Maybe you should be telling some other schoools about your thoughts, 2 of the top academic STEM schools in the nation are located in California, they are FCS, Big Sky schools and I doubt they are wanting to move up, Like MSU enrollment is not a problem, in fact managing growth is a problem, I think that MSU, UCD and CP are managing quite well at the level we are at.

You seem to think that our attendance is a sign that we should move up, it is more a factor of location, MSU and UM are located in a state where there is no higher level of sports than FCS. The market is pretty well saturated at this point, meaning that neither MSU or UM would be able to find another 20,000 fans to attend every game. We have some room for growth on that front, but its not like we have a huge metro area close by that is untapped, or another team that we can pull fans from if we get our name on ESPN more often. I just don't think yo understand the reality of life in Montana.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:43 pm

I don't think any big change imminent, but this article in today's Chronicle is interesting. Both Hauck and Choate want a smaller league. I don't see anyone jumping to FBS.
https://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/s ... hronsports

Siouxfan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Siouxfan » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:01 pm

allcat wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:56 pm
Siouxfan wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
Siouxfan wrote:

UC Davis, Sac St and Cal Poly will be moving to the WAC with Southland teams and UTRGV. The Montana's don't want to mix with Texas teams. Davis and Cal Poly are not full members. They have already been replaced by Bakersfield and UCSD in the Big West as the Big West was aware of the coming changes.
Last edited by Siouxfan on Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Siouxfan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Siouxfan » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:03 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:43 pm
I don't think any big change imminent, but this article in today's Chronicle is interesting. Both Hauck and Choate want a smaller league. I don't see anyone jumping to FBS.
https://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/s ... hronsports
The new league will stay FCS for two years. Because UND stayed for three years in BSC football, the new league will have an autobid as it will have six FCS schools that have been together for two years. After two more years, the whole group will go FBS, except Denver, Omaha and St Thomas of course.
Last edited by Siouxfan on Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:18 pm

It's a done deal. Cruzado has already given notice. Stay tuned.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:09 pm

SiouxVolley
SiouxVolley
Members
6,437 posts
Posted 16 minutes ago
On bobcatnation, a poster bas admitted that MSU President Cruzado has given the Big Sky termination notice. Two years are required for football for no exit fee. That means a new FCS conference which I talked about here will be forthcoming.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=46779&start=80
https://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/192 ... /#comments

Siouxfan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Siouxfan » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:26 pm

cats2506 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:27 pm
Siouxfan wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:03 pm
cats2506 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:08 pm
Siouxfan wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
Siouxfan wrote:

Yeah, I meant G5 which is obvious since I commented that nobody watches it. What is the advantage of being in a G5 conference and losing established rivalries. None, all it does is cost more. In case you haven't noticed almost half our roster (and um's too) is Montana kids, if we were to go to a G5 that would be cut at least in half. Why does that matter, support, major parts of our support and historical traditions will be lost by moving up to G5. It would not be a good idea for either university in a state with as small a population as we have.
Losing established rivalries with SUU, NAU, NoCo, Idaho St and Portland St is no big deal because they don’t have fan bases to speak of.

You seem to be wanting NAIA, as then you could have all Montana teams like Montana Tech, Carrol, Northern, MSU-Billings etc and really get the Montanans interested.

Every school that has moved up has seen enrollment increases from more awareness out of state. Going FBS is a tool the Presidents use to increase awareness and hike enrollment, even though it costs more. Research U’s like MSU either move up or they stay DIII. The CFP pot will increase at the next contract in 2025, and Cruzado wants a small piece of it. FCS is almost a sure way to lose money as the CFP has changed the economics of FBS. NDSU has lost enrollment almost every year it won FCS, so piss on that. FCS gives almost no national awareness. FBS at least gets the scores announced.

MSU just spent $18 million on FBS facilities but this board has no clue why.

Idaho never wanted to move down but it no longer had regional rivals and would have paid bookoo bucks to get home games but will soon have a regional FBS conference. EWU doesn’t have much in academics, but it knows how to win and is near Spokane. Weber St has the same issue, but a different metro area. And of course Montana, who have been ahead of you in facilities. So its not like you will move up without rivals.
Maybe you should be telling some other schoools about your thoughts, 2 of the top academic STEM schools in the nation are located in California, they are FCS, Big Sky schools and I doubt they are wanting to move up, Like MSU enrollment is not a problem, in fact managing growth is a problem, I think that MSU, UCD and CP are managing quite well at the level we are at.

You seem to think that our attendance is a sign that we should move up, it is more a factor of location, MSU and UM are located in a state where there is no higher level of sports than FCS. The market is pretty well saturated at this point, meaning that neither MSU or UM would be able to find another 20,000 fans to attend every game. We have some room for growth on that front, but its not like we have a huge metro area close by that is untapped, or another team that we can pull fans from if we get our name on ESPN more often. I just don't think yo understand the reality of life in Montana.
UC Davis and Cal Poly both have plans to expand greater than 15k. Sac St already has that but they might use the new MLS stadium being built.

The Cali schools always wanted FBS to get on the map there.

UC Davis will be the odds on favorite for the MWC when they go FBS.

The Montana members for the first time offered them football only BSC membership because they didn't like the NMSU and Texas membership of the WAC. It gave more time for the Dakotas to get their act together.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:41 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:09 pm
SiouxVolley
SiouxVolley
Members
6,437 posts
Posted 16 minutes ago
On bobcatnation, a poster bas admitted that MSU President Cruzado has given the Big Sky termination notice. Two years are required for football for no exit fee. That means a new FCS conference which I talked about here will be forthcoming.

It should be noted that this idiot Sioux fan started that same thread above 5 years ago claiming that UND and the Big Sky were going FBS. He was so far off back then and he is still trying to make this ridiculous argument today.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:46 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:41 pm
Hawks86 wrote:
SiouxVolley
SiouxVolley
Members
6,437 posts
Posted 16 minutes ago

It should be noted that this idiot Sioux fan started that same thread above 5 years ago claiming that UND and the Big Sky were going FBS. He was so far off back then and he is still trying to make this ridiculous argument today.
I know they’re message boards, not real life. But with technology today and the ability to fact check everything, I’m still always blown away with people who think they can just make anything up at all and people will assume it’s true.

What a crazy post.

Siouxfan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Siouxfan » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:53 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:41 pm
Hawks86 wrote:
SiouxVolley
SiouxVolley
Members
6,437 posts
Posted 16 minutes ago

Some BSC Presidents have been in planning for FBS for eight years. Every step is planned. A Denver U blog, which has been deleted, said the Montana's wanted the WAC but backed out because they didn't have facilities and sports, so it was too expensive then.

Mostly that has been rectified.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:53 am

tjbison
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by tjbison » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:27 am

This thread rocks, especially when one poster takes a sarcastic post as truth and runs to his home board, using it to try and validate his position.

Love it guys keep on rolling and trolling this loon

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:34 am

tjbison wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:27 am
This thread rocks, especially when one poster takes a sarcastic post as truth and runs to his home board, using it to try and validate his position.

I’ve read this guys stuff over the last couple years and for the life of me I can’t figure out what his agenda is! Like what does he possibly have to gain?!

He says stuff so blatantly false, and ignores the fact that some of us here in Bozeman have far better info than he does in regards to the long term plans of our athletic department. It’s laughable but also perplexing.

Siouxfan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Siouxfan » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:11 pm

tjbison wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:27 am

My position that the Montanas, Idaho, Dakotas, EWU and Weber are moving up is absolutely hated by NDSU fans because UND isn’t capable of anything according to them.

They thought they were rid of us and headed for the MWC with Montana. NDSU and U of Montana don’t have anywhere near the media base required and are simply too poor schools to finance an FBS move with bigger MWC boys.

The CFP payout will grow tremendously and that is an economic reality, but 2025 is the year that an FCS conference can access it. The schools have to be very tight lipped about any future move because it will expose the other schools.

Going FBS as an independent is very expensive, as Liberty has shown but they have money. All the G5’s are full as CFP payments max out at 10, so any FCS school wanting FBS needs to align with eight other similar schools in a conference and ask the NCAA for a waiver. A conference group is so much cheaper as that provides the home games needed without millions spent, like Idaho would have been charged if they stayed FBS as an independent.

Sam Houston St and Lamar used to aspire publicly to the Sun Belt and FBS, but when they were rejected by the Belt by its acceptance of Coastal Carolina, now they keep very silent about their WAC plans. McNeese St, UIW, and UTRGV have publicly stated that they want FBS but they haven’t exposed the other soon to be FBS WAC schools.
Last edited by Siouxfan on Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by tdub » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:45 pm

So this person has all sorts of inside info on all the super quiet, tight lipped schools and is posting this secret info on public message boards. Seems legit.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

Siouxfan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Siouxfan » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:48 pm

tdub wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:45 pm
So this person has all sorts of inside info on all the super quiet, tight lipped schools and is posting this secret info on public message boards. Seems legit.
So if an FCS school is building FBS facilities, doesn’t it follow that their leaders want FBS?

This isn’t brain science, except for FCS fans.

The kitty fans just conveniently ignore the Bozeman article yesterday that said the BSC needs to split because it’s too bloated.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:20 pm

Siouxfan wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:48 pm
tdub wrote:
So if an FCS school is building FBS facilities, doesn’t it follow that their leaders want FBS?

The kitty fans just conveniently ignore the Bozeman article yesterday that said the BSC needs to split because it’s too bloated.
At what point to fcs facility upgrades become fbs facilities? I’ve seen lots of fcs schools upgrade their facilities and it’s not for the sole purpose of moving up.

Such a funny topic

Siouxfan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Siouxfan » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:27 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:20 pm
Siouxfan wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:48 pm
tdub wrote:

At what point to fcs facility upgrades become fbs facilities? I’ve seen lots of fcs schools upgrade their facilities and it’s not for the sole purpose of moving up.

Such a funny topic
Compare the Montanas to Southern Utah or Idaho State.

Montana State facilities almost knock one out for HS grads.

FCS schools making improvement for FCS are far less grandiose.

To get FBS recruits, the facilities have to be fabulous. FCS, merely passable.

Also, the academic support facilities at FBS are very good compared to FCS.