WAC FCS Football?

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Siouxfan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Re: WAC FCS Football?

Post by Siouxfan » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:43 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:16 pm
Siouxfan wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:47 pm
The WAC will bring FBS back with the 3 California FCS, NMSU, UTRGV and Sam Houston St, Lamar and McNeese St.
https://www.americanpress.com/opinion/d ... fdbe9.html
Lamar and Sam Houston St have previously begged the Sun Belt for an invite. UTRGV wants FBS soon after it starts fb.

The Big Sky will have to backfill with DII schools Dixie St, CWU and Metro St.

The Montana’s, Idaho and Weber St will head for the Summit League, as PUFW, ORU and W Illinois will abandon ship. The Summit will go FBS with cooperation from the WAC.

The WAC is just putting on airs that is is looking for DII schools when it’s the Big Sky that will need them.

The goal is the Presidents want part of the CFP payout next time its negotiated, which could be a couple mill annually per school.
Step away from the crack pipe. BSC could lose California schools and a few others and not even blink.
WAC would have 12 to 15 schools with only half playing football? That is what killed them years ago. Learn some history.
Apparently, cat fans can’t do simple arithmetic.

13 fb - 3 Ca FCS - 4 MT, ID, Weebs = 6

6 + Dixie + CWU = 8

11 Olympic - Sac - 4 (Mts, ID, Weebs) = 6

6 + Utah Valley +Metro St + Dixie + CWU + Seattle = 11

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:54 pm

We should be honored that SiouxVolley/NoDak has blessed us with his knowledge. This will go the same way it does on every other board.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:11 pm

Every couple of years the Billings Gazette will run a story about how enthusiasm for MSU-Billings football is growing, and then by golly, it's time for them to bring college football back. It's been a few years since the last story, so start looking for the next one. It might get a week or two of conversation started and then it'll die when the financial realities are understood.

Just like MSU-B, we'll be getting the occasional story about how the WAC really ought to bring back football. The stories will fade every once in a while, until a letter to the editor or a slow sports day and some newspaper will run a back drawer story.

Eventually, the Vandals returning to FBS will take on this sort of life. Personally, I hope it doesn't happen soon, as I'm really enjoying the delusional fans on the Idaho board still believing that they didn't give FBS life a real chance.

I love that McNeese State is in the conversation, but they aren't close to being prepared for FBS.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

Siouxfan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Siouxfan » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:33 am

McNeese St has more wealth around its arena than La-Monroe. Lake Charles is growing faster than any part of Louisiana and they have Lamar to contend with, who is right across the border in Beaumont. Lamar and Sam Houston have been wanting FBS for years and the WAC will give it to them if they join. McNeese St has to move or it loses its rivals.

RationalGriz
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by RationalGriz » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:59 am

Siouxfan wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:33 am
McNeese St has more wealth around its arena than La-Monroe. Lake Charles is growing faster than any part of Louisiana and they have Lamar to contend with, who is right across the border in Beaumont. Lamar and Sam Houston have been wanting FBS for years and the WAC will give it to them if they join. McNeese St has to move or it loses its rivals.
You got it all figured out. Kudos.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:09 am

Siouxfan wrote:

As for all the wealth in Lake Charles, that only suggests to me that McNeese State is in worse shape than I realized. With all that exuberant wealth near the University the one place that it must be measured is in the endowment. Right now McNeese has about $75 Million endowment. Compare that with Idaho which has $240 Million in endowment. Pitiful. Heck, BOTH MSU and UM have endowments much better funded than McNeese. Northern Colorado is better funded than McNeese at the endowment level.

McNeese State $75 Million
Northern Colorado $81.49 Million
Montana State $119 Million
Montana $176.9 Million
Idaho $240 Million

Finally, your last proclamation that McNeese State has to move or lose it's rivals is the same kind of thinking that took Idaho on a 20 year tour of stagnation. I keep bringing up Idaho only as a kind and friendly gesture that your grand plans for the future of football in the western United States might be better accepted on Vandal Village.

Siouxfan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Siouxfan » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:37 pm

Actually need to compare to already FBS schools instead of Idaho.

La-Monroe $24Mill
La Tech. $99 mill
La-La. $178 mill

Coastal Car $25 mill
Ga Southern $64 mill
Ga St $186 mill

McNeese, a former JC, would be a fat hog of the Sun Belt. So would Montana St.

Imagin La-Monroe and Coastal are nearly impoverished schools, but they still find a way for FBS.

Siouxfan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Siouxfan » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:40 pm

Rich K wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:09 am
Siouxfan wrote:
Finally, your last proclamation that McNeese State has to move or lose it's rivals is the same kind of thinking that took Idaho on a 20 year tour of stagnation. I keep bringing up Idaho only as a kind and friendly gesture that your grand plans for the future of football in the western United States might be better accepted on Vandal Village.
So Idaho considered La-Monroe and La-La to be rivals? The bs you learn on this site is amazing.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:09 pm

Siouxfan wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:40 pm
Rich K wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:09 am
Siouxfan wrote:
So Idaho considered La-Monroe and La-La to be rivals? The bs you learn on this site is amazing.
No you dumb ass. Idaho wanted to remain rivals with Boise State and thus the dive into the rabbit hole commenced.

Siouxfan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Siouxfan » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:21 pm

How does Jeff Choate know that Incarnate Word wants to be FBS as he states in the Bozeman paper today?

https://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/s ... a33cd.html

Has MSU admin been scoping the potential FBS moveup field so that are acutely aware of who wants to move up?

Or I am just a dumbass as posters here like to portray me, but are four steps ahead of them?

Have stated that any FCS program that has a decent following would want to get in line as a conference to qualify for million dollar CFP payouts by 2025. But that’s just so contrary to what your run of the mill posters here think, so that just makes me stupid because I’m not like them. Lord have mercy.

Sam Houston St, McNeese St, Lamar, Incarnate Word, Cap Poly, Sac St, and UCDavis will all move to the WAC to restart FBS with NMSU and UTRGV.

Montana St, Montana, Idaho and Weber St will leave for the Summit and it will team up with the WAC and go FBS.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:25 pm

Maybe because they know each other. :shrug:

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:14 pm

The biggest thing that I learned from this thread is Siouxfan is very hostile.

Siouxfan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Siouxfan » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:58 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:14 pm
The biggest thing that I learned from this thread is Siouxfan is very hostile.
Thought Cruzado wanted to elevate MSU to the level of Utah State, rather than S Utah. But with these posters she’s got to work with, best of luck to her with this group of dumbasses.

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:23 am

I can’t believe you just used “Utah State” and “elevate” in the same sentence. Um, playing for a chance to go the the Las Vegas Bowl or even better, the Potato Bowl (orcehsyever the hell its called this year)? Hard pass. I’ll take the playoffs any day. I don’t really care about national perception or misconstrued dollar payouts, I care about competing at the highest level against like-minded and like-funded schools. More importantly, I care about the university turning out and graduating men and women of stellar character who will be successful in life and represent our university in a proud manner. Not saying Utsh State doesn’t do that, but they’ll never play for a national championship, I guarantee that much.

GO CATS GO!!!

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:31 am

Siouxfan wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:58 pm

Thought Cruzado wanted to elevate MSU to the level of Utah State, rather than S Utah. But with these posters she’s got to work with, best of luck to her with this group of dumbasses.
Hawks86 wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:54 pm
We should be honored that SiouxVolley/NoDak has blessed us with his knowledge. This will go the same way it does on every other board.
:coffee:

Siouxfan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Siouxfan » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:58 am

BozoneCat wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:23 am
I can’t believe you just used “Utah State” and “elevate” in the same sentence. Um, playing for a chance to go the the Las Vegas Bowl or even better, the Potato Bowl (orcehsyever the hell its called this year)? Hard pass. I’ll take the playoffs any day. I don’t really care about national perception or misconstrued dollar payouts, I care about competing at the highest level against like-minded and like-funded schools. More importantly, I care about the university turning out and graduating men and women of stellar character who will be successful in life and represent our university in a proud manner. Not saying Utsh State doesn’t do that, but they’ll never play for a national championship, I guarantee that much.
I trust that Bobcatnation will be fervently protesting Cruzado’s decision to elevate the fb program to the second level then. Bobcatnation wants to be at a third rate level.

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:58 pm

Siouxfan wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:58 am
BozoneCat wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:23 am
I trust that Bobcatnation will be fervently protesting Cruzado’s decision to elevate the fb program to the second level then. Bobcatnation wants to be at a third rate level.
IF there was a situation in which President Cruzado pushed for MSU to jump to FBS and join the "new WAC" (she won't), I would be first in line protesting it. I don't personally view it as "2nd rate" or "3rd rate" and I'm sorry for you if you view UND that way. We are great universities that compete very well against similar competition, but we are located in areas that have very little population to draw from. There is no chance, not one-in-a-million, that MSU or UND could ever compete with, say, Alabama for a NC. If that's not on the table, then I don't want it.

GO CATS GO!!!

Siouxfan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Siouxfan » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:17 pm

There have been articles that FBS may divide further into P5 and a G5. You seem to think that Cruzado would MSU in the 3rd division. Any decent President would fight to keep its relevance.

FBS is a huge,factor for enrollment. Schools that move up see enrollment increases, mostly from out of state as FBS is nearly a big advertising vehicle in the sky. FCS is crap is comparison. Not an FBS move up, but Alabama has over doubled in size since Saban became coach. App St, Ga Southern, Ga St, and Coastal Carolina continue to have more interest and larger enrollments than their FCS days.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:28 pm

Siouxfan wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:17 pm
There have been articles that FBS may divide further into P5 and a G5. You seem to think that Cruzado would MSU in the 3rd division. Any decent President would fight to keep its relevance.

FBS is a huge,factor for enrollment. Schools that move up see enrollment increases, mostly from out of state as FBS is nearly a big advertising vehicle in the sky. FCS is crap is comparison. Not an FBS move up, but Alabama has over doubled in size since Saban became coach. App St, Ga Southern, Ga St, and Coastal Carolina continue to have more interest and larger enrollments than their FCS days.
Sioux fan??? You must mean be a fan of the University of Sioux Falls right? I recall UND is now the “Hawks” or something like that. If you are UND, we can understand how you might not understand the excitement of FCS playoff football since UND has experienced exactly 1 playoff game in the past 11 years. It must suck to be so irrelevant. And that move to the MVFC will do wonders for your fan base as you get to play 3 Dakota schools annually that will ensure 3 losses annually. Going from the cellar of the Big Sky to the cellar of the MVFC... that is a smart move.

It is very hard to understand your interest in moving up to FBS when UND’s move from DII to FCS has not been very successful. Lots of losses and little postseason participation. Even your attendance is down with less than 7,500 at your last home game.

As far as growth at MSU, we are now the largest university in the state by about 30 more students than U of M. FCS has worked well for us and we can maintain financial stability. This is just smart. And we still can draw an occasional 20,000 fans to a football game. Pretty cool if you ask me.

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:16 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:28 pm
Siouxfan wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:17 pm

Sioux fan??? You must mean be a fan of the University of Sioux Falls right? I recall UND is now the “Hawks” or something like that. If you are UND, we can understand how you might not understand the excitement of FCS playoff football since UND has experienced exactly 1 playoff game in the past 11 years. It must suck to be so irrelevant. And that move to the MVFC will do wonders for your fan base as you get to play 3 Dakota schools annually that will ensure 3 losses annually. Going from the cellar of the Big Sky to the cellar of the MVFC... that is a smart move.

It is very hard to understand your interest in moving up to FBS when UND’s move from DII to FCS has not been very successful. Lots of losses and little postseason participation. Even your attendance is down with less than 7,500 at your last home game.

As far as growth at MSU, we are now the largest university in the state by about 30 more students than U of M. FCS has worked well for us and we can maintain financial stability. This is just smart. And we still can draw an occasional 20,000 fans to a football game. Pretty cool if you ask me.
Catholic,
Please check the enrollment numbers...
The school of dance is 2/3 MSU.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back