UC Davis at um

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Re: UC Davis at um

Post by Rich K » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:29 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:57 pm
I don’t recall Hauck blowing a lead that big (21-3) before. When’s the last time a Big Sky team scored 36 points or more in one quarter?
Here's one that I remember in which 35 was scored against the Bobcats by Sac State and we WON.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/ga ... /302750016

I remember this game, it was painful to watch.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:26 pm

Long Time Cat wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:02 pm
I think I heard the announcers say this is the first time Griz have lost 3 in a row since 1995.
It wasn't 1995. They only lost 2 games all season en route to the NC that year. Did they ever lose 3 in a row in 2012 when they were 5-6? If not then, it might have been 1992, which is the year before Dickenson took over at QB, and their long period of dominance really began. That was beautiful today. 43 points in 12 minutes...that's crazy!

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:57 pm

That’s a shame.

GO CATS GO!!!

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Long Time Cat » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:08 pm

For whatever reason the griz quit on Hauck today. Maybe they were gassed.

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:22 am

Maybe Hauck can borrow Stitt's for sale sign.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:49 am

John K wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:26 pm
Long Time Cat wrote:
I think I heard the announcers say this is the first time Griz have lost 3 in a row since 1995.
It wasn't 1995. They only lost 2 games all season en route to the NC that year. Did they ever lose 3 in a row in 2012 when they were 5-6? If not then, it might have been 1992, which is the year before Dickenson took over at QB, and their long period of dominance really began. That was beautiful today. 43 points in 12 minutes...that's crazy!
They said 1992 on the broadcast.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:46 am

AFCAT wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:36 pm
Boy, that was killing. I wonder if the Nuanez brothers will be a bit more flacid in their man crush for Bobby now.
:lol:
No, they’ll talk about the cats high school offense, how terrible we are, how the decisions the coaches make are mind boggling, how the answers are so obvious, how horrible Andersen is, how blah blah blah....

Then turn their attention to a griz team who is on the cusp of being a dominant team. A team one or two offensive lineman away from rolling this conferences. A team so well coached by the messiah that when he just gets his guys in the system....it’s game over!

I’m paraphrasing but it’ll go something like that. Cats suck. Griz on the upswing. Rinse. Repeat. 8)

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:17 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:46 am
AFCAT wrote:
Boy, that was killing. I wonder if the Nuanez brothers will be a bit more flacid in their man crush for Bobby now.
No, they’ll talk about the cats high school offense, how terrible we are, how the decisions the coaches make are mind boggling, how the answers are so obvious, how horrible Andersen is, how blah blah blah....

Then turn their attention to a griz team who is on the cusp of being a dominant team. A team one or two offensive lineman away from rolling this conferences. A team so well coached by the messiah that when he just gets his guys in the system....it’s game over!

I’m paraphrasing but it’ll go something like that. Cats suck. Griz on the upswing. Rinse. Repeat. 8)

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:26 am

ilovethecats wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

Haha! After that last podcast they did, I gotta say, this post has a lot of truth to it. They absolutely RIPPED not just the offense but the coaches, including Choate.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:06 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:26 am
ilovethecats wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

Haha! After that last podcast they did, I gotta say, this post has a lot of truth to it. They absolutely RIPPED not just the offense but the coaches, including Choate.
And completely ignored the dumpster fire in Missoula. I swear to god people forget 2001 was a LONG time ago.

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Long Time Cat » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:22 pm

LTown Cat wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:49 am
John K wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:26 pm
Long Time Cat wrote:
They said 1992 on the broadcast.
Thanks for the correction. One way or another it’s been a long time.

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:09 pm

allcat wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:22 am
Maybe Hauck can borrow Stitt's for sale sign.
Nah, he is on a month to month lease. Waiting for a call back from the Dallas Cowboys.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:13 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:10 pm
They just used a BOBCAT logo on a griz player lol
Maybe he is done with Bobby and is transferring to MSU after a year at JC!

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:51 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:06 pm
91catAlum wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

And completely ignored the dumpster fire in Missoula. I swear to god people forget 2001 was a LONG time ago.
Well, last week's podcast I referred to was an MSU-ISU podcast, not the griz. But they are a bit more... gentle when they talk about the griz, for sure. Especially Brooks, I mean he was recruited by and played for Bobby, so it's understandable that he likes him.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:05 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:51 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:06 pm
91catAlum wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

Well, last week's podcast I referred to was an MSU-ISU podcast, not the griz. But they are a bit more... gentle when they talk about the griz, for sure. Especially Brooks, I mean he was recruited by and played for Bobby, so it's understandable that he likes him.
No doubt. I actually talk to brooks about once a week and he knows his stuff for sure. But there’s no question their tone is not even close to the same when talking about to pretty average teams.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:22 pm

Looked like the Griz might have had some bad injuries yesterday. The ones I remember seeing that didn't look good were Sims, Shaw, Tillman, Calhoun, Eastwood, Sneed? Any updates on any of those? Griz having a rough year all around.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:11 pm

catatac wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:22 pm
Looked like the Griz might have had some bad injuries yesterday. The ones I remember seeing that didn't look good were Sims, Shaw, Tillman, Calhoun, Eastwood, Sneed? Any updates on any of those? Griz having a rough year all around.
I think Sims is done for the season. I forget his exact injury. It's one of those that doesn't sound real bad, but kind of is and takes a long time to heal. Something with one of his hands and / or a thumb.

I thought I read Eastwood might be done for the season, but now I can't remember exactly.

No idea on the others.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:15 pm

catatac wrote:
A couple of weeks ago I thought I saw where the QB, I think it was Humphrey, overthrew the receiver in the endzone, think it was Akem. The receiver hit the goal post and may have suffered a concussion. Anyone able to confirm? That would be maybe another injury depending on the severity. Talk about a freak accident.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:18 pm

When you watch the post game pressers after PSU and UC Davis, I think Hauck's body language is pretty revealing. I'm definitely no expert, but he seems defeated and at a loss for explanations. He's answering questions respectfully and giving all the expected yearbook answers right off the script, but the smug arrogance of his first hitch is definitely gone.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:59 pm

RickRund wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:15 pm
catatac wrote:
A couple of weeks ago I thought I saw where the QB, I think it was Humphrey, overthrew the receiver in the endzone, think it was Akem. The receiver hit the goal post and may have suffered a concussion. Anyone able to confirm? That would be maybe another injury depending on the severity. Talk about a freak accident.
Akem was playing well yesterday in the first half.