BCS Predictions

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

bozbobcat
Member # Retired

BCS Predictions

Post by bozbobcat » Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:31 pm

With all of the big championship games finished, after 2 upsets (Georgia and Florida St :shock: ), here are my BCS bowl predictions.

Fiesta: Notre Dame (at-large) vs. Ohio State (at-large)
Sugar: Georgia (SEC Champ) vs. West Virginia (Big East Champ)
Orange: Florida St. (ACC Champ) vs. Penn St. (Big 10 Champ) Old guy bowl: Bowden (#1 DI-A wins) vs. Paterno (#2 DI-A wins)
Rose (chipper): Texas (Big 12 Champ, #2) vs. USC (Pac-10 Champ, #1)

Best teams left out: Oregon (10-1, sorry :no: ), Virginia Tech (10-2), LSU (10-2), Alabama (9-2), Auburn (9-2)

Anybody got any opinions on this one?

GO CATS!
It's always a good day to be a Bobcat fan! :) =D^ \:D/
My name is Steve, if you'd like to know.

bozbobcat
Member # Retired

Post by bozbobcat » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:08 pm

It happened just like that. Wow. If I was an Oregon fan, I'd be a little angry about getting passed over like that for Notre Dame or Ohio State. They're both good teams and well-deserving, but 10-1, 2nd place in the Pac-10, only loss to USC, should be worth a BCS bid.

GO CATS!
It's always a good day to be a Bobcat fan! :) =D^ \:D/
My name is Steve, if you'd like to know.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:40 pm

Oregon really had no shot...Ohio State got in automatically with a Top 4 BCS ranking and there's no way they will pass up Notre Dame if they are eligible.

grizband
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by grizband » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:22 am

Notre Dame was automatically in, because they finished #6 in the BCS. There is a clause, I think its still there, that says in ND finishes in the top 6, they are automatic.

catamaran
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by catamaran » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:27 am

They have to finish in the top six and have a 9 win season...that was the only way to get the BCS instituted when ND was still a national power

if you're keeping score, France gave us Burgundy wine, cigarettes, berets, B.O., brie and the Napoleon complex-Bill Simmons

mquast53000
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by mquast53000 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:22 pm

MSU01 wrote:Oregon really had no shot...Ohio State got in automatically with a Top 4 BCS ranking and there's no way they will pass up Notre Dame if they are eligible.
Yeah you have to consider Oregon's non-conference schedule. They played Houston, Montana and Fresno. They squeaked by both Houston (by 10) and Fresno (by 3). They should have played a tougher non-conference schedule. Notre Dame played a tough schedule and their two loses were by less then a touchdown to two very good teams (USC and Michigan State). Notre Dame was the correct selection.

FTG

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:20 pm

Notre Dame is America's team. There is way too much fan appeal to exclude them. Bowl games are all about ratings afterall, nothing more (well except maybe money).

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast