The Griz bandwagon is backing up for loading

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

JahGriz
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by JahGriz » Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:35 pm

Wolfman wrote:Style points have never been part of my agenda, Jah. I guess i'm like Joe Friday.... "Just the facts, mam".
Wasn't talking style, was talking civility.

Wolfman
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Wolfman » Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:09 pm

Should be quite simple, Tacoma. I have understood for 3 years that Hauck can't coach, and is ruining the Griz dynasty. So, I am a very outspoken critic, trying to get the other Griz fans who are in denial to join me in getting rid of these coaches. This is my sole purpose.

Most Griz fans do not like Hauck. It is rather obvious. However, he has a bunch of supporters on egriz.com. I wish to change their minds. And, this loss to the Cats has caused many to come over to the light, from the Dark Side. We'll get there.....but it may take some more time. A loss next Saturday will mix things up a bit more.

El_Gato
Member # Retired

Post by El_Gato » Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:19 pm

Didn't it take 3 first-round exits before folks were really after Dennehy's hide? Even then, he wasn't fired, er, "not offered a new contract" as they say at dUMb.

Bobby's job is secure for now, wolf. With all your "connections", you'd get rid of him faster by bragging him up and convincing some DI team that he's just what they need...

Grizzlies: 2-5 when it matters most

JahGriz

Post by JahGriz » Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:15 pm

Wolfman wrote:Should be quite simple, Tacoma. I have understood for 3 years that Hauck can't coach, and is ruining the Griz dynasty. So, I am a very outspoken critic, trying to get the other Griz fans who are in denial to join me in getting rid of these coaches. This is my sole purpose.

Most Griz fans do not like Hauck. It is rather obvious. However, he has a bunch of supporters on egriz.com. I wish to change their minds. And, this loss to the Cats has caused many to come over to the light, from the Dark Side. We'll get there.....but it may take some more time. A loss next Saturday will mix things up a bit more.
But the way you came across did not win anybody over.

I agree with Gato, the quickest way for the Griz to get rid of a coach is to have them move on. I'm pretty sure Bobby is on somewhat of a short leash, which probably extends to Phenicie first and foremost. But when a team makes it to the NC game, and the next year has a young QB and WR's, regardless as to how or why they ended up with the young guys, no team in the nation would fire that coach for at least two years after the NC appearance.

Now this year the Griz have displayed some horrid O performances, but now are in the playoffs and at home for the first game, and possibly the second. At home, both winnable games.
The Griz get a second wind, and possibly surprise somebody on the road. It could happen.
If it does, you are in for a long wait if you think Hauck will be fired.

Now, if the Griz had not made the playoffs, and had lost to the cats. And next year was no better, he would be gone, I would guess.
But In the playoffs again, and playing teams we don't play often, other than CP, the Griz could go deep. And if they do, Hauck will be around for at least another 3 or 4 years unless he moves on.

Seriously, the Hauck haters should have prayed for the Griz to dominate this year.
My own opionion doesn't matter, but I think Hauck will make a big push next year. Maybe similar to Kramer this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple extra transfers than normal, and pray they are at DT and WR and maybe even QB if the guy is right.
A great next year, and I believe Bobby will move on. Heck, maybe some other coaches will move on after this year. I wouldn't be surprised. Who knows, Hauck may actually have something brewing.

Wolfman
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Wolfman » Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:50 pm

So Jah, do you think Hauck is a good coach? The reason I had no hope that he would have a great year and move up, was because I know he is not capable of having a great year, because he is such a lousy coach.

Let me ask you a serious question, my man. I watch most games at a local sports bar with from 75-200 Griz fans. I know many of them, and we discuss Hauck every week. I know of NOBODY who attends these games with me who supports Hauck as a coach. The highest regard he gets is a luke-warm endorsement. Most think he's AWFUL. I'm not embellishing this either, I am very serious.

Why then, is it that so many of you posters on esugar.com have such a different viewpoint than the rank-n-file Grizzly fan out there in Americana? If you think that i'm in the minority out here, you're sadly mistaken.

Why do you think the Cat fans want us to keep Bobby so much? Should be very obvious.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:37 am

WOW. This thread is still going. Oh well, nevermind me. We now continue with the regularly scheduled BH discussions.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

Eastcoastgriz
Member # Retired

Post by Eastcoastgriz » Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:02 am

Wolfman wrote:So Jah, do you think Hauck is a good coach? The reason I had no hope that he would have a great year and move up, was because I know he is not capable of having a great year, because he is such a lousy coach.

Let me ask you a serious question, my man. I watch most games at a local sports bar with from 75-200 Griz fans. I know many of them, and we discuss Hauck every week. I know of NOBODY who attends these games with me who supports Hauck as a coach. The highest regard he gets is a luke-warm endorsement. Most think he's AWFUL. I'm not embellishing this either, I am very serious.

Why then, is it that so many of you posters on esugar.com have such a different viewpoint than the rank-n-file Grizzly fan out there in Americana? If you think that i'm in the minority out here, you're sadly mistaken.

Why do you think the Cat fans want us to keep Bobby so much? Should be very obvious.
If coach H is such a terible coach why did Kramer vote for him to be Big Sky Conference coache of the year?

The GRIZ, a quarter century of total football dominance over the cats.

Wolfman
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Wolfman » Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:59 am

EastCoast, can I sell you some resort property in Eastern Afganistan, real cheap too.

Kramer wants Bobby to stick around, so he can continue beating him every year. Kramer is no dummy, he loves being able to out-coach his in-state rival on a yearly basis.

You are much too easily duped. :roll:

anacondagriz

Post by anacondagriz » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:54 am

Wolfman wrote:So Jah, do you think Hauck is a good coach? The reason I had no hope that he would have a great year and move up, was because I know he is not capable of having a great year, because he is such a lousy coach.

The rank & file Grizzly is your average joe. He lives in Montana, works his ass off all week & enjoys going to the games on weekends. He doesn't sit in some bar 1000 miles away w/his supposed cronies talking about how it was back when he was the watergirl in the 60s. Whether you believe it or not most people realize the name of the game is winning & Hauck does it. The Dickenson/Ah Yat era is over. Deal w/it. I know you probably hang w/the fake plastic crowd in Vegas where everything has to be beautiful but this is Montana. Griz players are heroes in Missoula whether they win by 1 point or 70 points, probably even if they went 3-8 kids would look up to them. Your vendetta against Hauck is as old & tired as you are short. Feel free to rip me apart Steve. Oh & happy Thanksgiving :D

Wolfman
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Wolfman » Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:09 pm

So, Mark (AnancondaGriz), who do you think I am? Please give my entire name. This should be interesting.

twentythreeOh4
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by twentythreeOh4 » Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:10 pm

Wolfman wrote:So, Mark (AnancondaGriz), who do you think I am? Please give my entire name. This should be interesting.
Judging by your football knowledge I say you are Martha Stewart.

tacoma_griz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by tacoma_griz » Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:22 pm

Wolfman wrote:EastCoast, can I sell you some resort property in Eastern Afganistan, real cheap too.

Kramer wants Bobby to stick around, so he can continue beating him every year. Kramer is no dummy, he loves being able to out-coach his in-state rival on a yearly basis.

You are much too easily duped. :roll:
this is the kind of crap that made me wonder.

not only do you sit and bash hauck (who i don't love, but i don't hate) -- but you also find anything negative about the griz you can.

you also make little 3rd grade insults, and i have yet to see one directed at a can fan.

post something positive maybe and you'll change my mind. until then i'm going to make the conclusion that you're full of $hit.