Didnt we try this a couple years back?

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cats15
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Didnt we try this a couple years back?

Post by Cats15 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:31 pm

this is from egriz.com
Here are some excerps from, and a link to, today's Missoulian article on new halftime tailgate rules and game-day security.

1. [L]aw enforcement officials and University of Montana administrators gathered Tuesday, resolving how to improve public safety at Washington-Grizzly Stadium without diminishing from the current game day environment. [C]ome game time this year, additional security officers will begin cracking down on tailgate parties and addressing traffic concerns.

"There can at times be some issues involving alcohol," said Missoula Police Chief Rusty Wickman. "We've got to look at ways we can control this without disrupting fans' enjoyment of the games." Within the next week, all season-ticket holders can expect a letter in their mailboxes laying out new game-day management policies.

2. Tailgaters who like to dawdle at halftime won't have quite as much freedom. Five minutes before the third-quarter, an alarm will sound, like a last-call for tailgaters. Then, at the beginning of third quarter, the area will shut down. "The party itself will be shut down," said Capt. Jim Lemcke, assistant director of Public Safety at UM. "We want to encourage people to get into the stadium faster."

"I was hoping they'd stop alcohol consumption at the five-minute mark," Missoula Police Chief Wickman said. Missoula County Sheriff Mike McMeekin said he worried fans might refuse to comply with some of the new rules, like leaving their parties at halftime.

So when the subject came up as to what place has the better talgating it looks like we take it hands down. but i was just wondering what if this were to happen here? would people welcome it or try to fight it. As I recall it happened a few years back but they lifted it for some reason. Just seeing what everyone thinks?