griz scrimmage 8/20

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

griz scrimmage 8/20

Post by 94VegasCat » Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:44 pm

I watched most of the griz scrimmage today. They do not look sharp. Granted, when I got there, Lex was done running, so I am not sure if what I saw was second string or not. I was only about 10 minutes late. Neither QB impressed me. The ones and two were running most of their plays out of a spread-type formation. They were looking to throw most every play. There were some completed passed, but none to spectacular. The db's had plenty of time to react and put a shot on the wr's. It was as if the qb's were late in their deliveries. There was on 70 yard td pass, but Bagley had to wait for the ball to get there. It was a huge breakdown on the part of the db's. Let's see how honest the missoulian will be on sunday. Utterback the freshmen and brady green ran well though. The griz threes and fours ran the ball alot.

I think that the griz are lucky that they have 'little sisters of the poor' to start the season. We all know that they are dogmeat in week two, but I am really curious to see what will happen when the face SDSU. Although South Dakota is not predicted to finish high, they will be a good test for the griz. Maybe a loss if the offense doesn't get their poop in a group.

The conference could very well be a struggle and I will laugh my butt off!!! The griz have earned tons of respect over the last 10 years. To be ranked in the top 5 without a returning qb speaks volumes for the amount of respect they have gained. NOT THIS SEASON THOUGH!! :twisted:

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

Nick
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Nick » Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:00 am

Not the first time in recent years the Griz have been in this situation. Don't get too excited yet. There's plenty of time before we know anything.