Griz get a big commitment

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Griz get a big commitment

Post by mslacat » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:30 am

Eric Van Vliet

From Scout .com:
Quote:
Big Score For Montana!
by Dave Telep of Scout.com, April 14, 2005 at 12:06pm ET

Eric Van Vliet is headed to Montana, according to a source close to the situation. The 6-foot-9, 235 pounder is a coup for the Grizzlies as numerous programs began pursuing him upon his release from Fresno State.

Among the interested parties were Minnesota, Washington State, Oregon State and Indiana.

Great get for Montana!!

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:54 am

Between MSU and UM upgrading their programs, maybe the BSC will get a little of its shine back in the coming years.

Why is this guy leaving Fresno?

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:00 am

Bay Area Cat wrote:Between MSU and UM upgrading their programs, maybe the BSC will get a little of its shine back in the coming years.

Why is this guy leaving Fresno?
Fresno fired their coach last month, and then the AD did something to tick off his mom. Eric Van Vliet then asked for a release. I don't know if he will have to sit out next year yet. Fall Griz recruit Swift is from the same highschool and is one of his best friends so the Griz were very attractive. He did not play last year due to a knee injury.

Cat-theotherwhitemeat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:00 am

I think I just wet myself. :)

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

grizindabox
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by grizindabox » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:01 am

BAC, Fresno fired there coach about a month ago and had the AD resign. It sounds like the Athletic department is in disarray and they released both players that the previous coach had signed because they both became reluctant to enter the program the way things were working out.

mquast53000
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by mquast53000 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:27 pm

grizindabox wrote:... both became reluctant to enter the program the way things were working out.
Could be a handful of a player... Coaches like the players that follow the Coach's rules not create their own...

FTG