Former Lady Cat coach terminated

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

raincat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Former Lady Cat coach terminated

Post by raincat » Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:07 am

My Oregon State Beaver business associate just stopped by my office to inform me OSU had terminated their girls basketball coach. He claimed she had previously coached at MSU. Spolestra? or something like that? Obviously, "I know nothing", about her, that or it.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Former Lady Cat coach terminated

Post by mslacat » Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:21 am

raincat wrote:My Oregon State Beaver business associate just stopped by my office to inform me OSU had terminated their girls basketball coach. He claimed she had previously coached at MSU. Spolestra? or something like that? Obviously, "I know nothing", about her, that or it.
And by chance we have an opening for a womans basketball coach! How would you guy's like to see Spolestra back in the blue and gold!?

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:33 am

It would be very special; we frequently see men and football coaches return to one of their former schools, why not a female? As I recall, she had a decent amount of success in Bozo, right?

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:00 pm

Isn't Judy the last MSU women's coach that actually left on her own for a better job and wasn't fired for some sort of misconduct? Sounds like a good candidate!

Cat-theotherwhitemeat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:03 pm

mslacat wrote:
raincat wrote:My Oregon State Beaver business associate just stopped by my office to inform me OSU had terminated their girls basketball coach. He claimed she had previously coached at MSU. Spolestra? or something like that? Obviously, "I know nothing", about her, that or it.
And by chance we have an opening for a womans basketball coach! How would you guy's like to see Spolestra back in the blue and gold!?
Have I missed something? Did MSU fire their women's coach?

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:07 pm

Cat-theotherwhitemeat wrote:
mslacat wrote:
Have I missed something? Did MSU fire their women's coach?
He has always had the 'interim' tag attached to him. Currently word is that he and his staff will be considered but that MSU is going to do a search for the best possible candidate.

That said, I know absolutely zilch about the women's Bball program, and don't know anything about this former coach. Any info on her from those who follow women's Bball?

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:09 pm

She had a lot of success with MSU while she was there (Cass Bauer, Sarah Flock years, I think), and then I think she did really well at OSU for at least a couple years. That success must have dried up, though, if she was terminated.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:44 pm

Spoelstra is the last coach to take MSU to the NCAA's ('93). That's about all I know about her, as I wasn't following women's basketball yet in those days.

Cat-theotherwhitemeat

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:12 pm

Bring back Frank McCarthy!

Ok, I know he had a little problem staying away from the ladies, but let's face it, we all looking up to him a little bit for that. Plus, now he's married so there's less chance of that happening again.

Got to admit, he's a good coach that would take the Cats to new heights and.....wait a minute, what the hell am I saying....Go Griz! :wink:

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:18 pm

Almost funny how the ball bounces; isn't he the J.C. coach that had Kamaar Davis? Wonder why he sent him to Mazzola?

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:36 pm

Cat-theotherwhitemeat wrote:Bring back Frank McCarthy!

Ok, I know he had a little problem staying away from the ladies, but let's face it, we all looking up to him a little bit for that. Plus, now he's married so there's less chance of that happening again.

Got to admit, he's a good coach that would take the Cats to new heights and.....wait a minute, what the hell am I saying....Go Griz! :wink:
I was just going to comment : "At least we won't have to worry about finding her alone in a car with a player" but you stole my thunder!

BTW: Being married never slowed Frank down before why should we think it would would now!!!!#-o

Cat Grad wrote
Almost funny how the ball bounces; isn't he the J.C. coach that had Kamaar Davis? Wonder why he sent him to Mazzola?
Actually Frank coaches the women's team at Sheridan, Kamar played for the Men's team :roll: #-o

Cat-theotherwhitemeat

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:49 pm

mslacat wrote:BTW: Being married never slowed Frank down before why should we think it would would now!!!!#-o
My sources say that he's 48% less likely to mess around, therefore it's only about a 52% chance that he'd end up in a car with a player, albeit 100% chance that it would be with a woman if it were to happen. Now, if that be the case, MSU's chances of helping their women's bb program would be somewhere around 87.4% using the formula (4*.52)*42%, with 4 being the number of women Frank may, or may not, be "associated" with. The size of these women could also factor in but we can't speculate now can we.

However, since 47.6% of statistics are just made up, I could be wrong. :shock: :wink:

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:09 pm

Cat-theotherwhitemeat wrote:
mslacat wrote:BTW: Being married never slowed Frank down before why should we think it would would now!!!!#-o
My sources say that he's 48% less likely to mess around, therefore it's only about a 52% chance that he'd end up in a car with a player, albeit 100% chance that it would be with a woman if it were to happen. Now, if that be the case, MSU's chances of helping their women's bb program would be somewhere around 87.4% using the formula (4*.52)*42%, with 4 being the number of women Frank may, or may not, be "associated" with. The size of these women could also factor in but we can't speculate now can we.

However, since 47.6% of statistics are just made up, I could be wrong. :shock: :wink:
I believe we have a 85% chance of your comments be bull sh :!: t :wink:

Cat-theotherwhitemeat

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:12 pm

Just don't step in it. :D