griz get Huskies

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

griz get Huskies

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:12 pm

16 seed, but they get to play Washington in Boise. Should be no problem for them-the Bobcats beat Washington in Seattle just a couple of years ago :wink:

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:27 pm

Kind of interesting-three schools in the tourney that are/used to be Big Sky members. Nevada, Gonzaga, and the griz. Boise State almost made it. Nevada has really turned their program up a notch. The west is well represented in this tournament.

Also former griz coaches Blaine Talyor and Stew Morrill are in it with Old Dominion and Utah State respectively.

Do you think we'll ever see the Mick Durham lineage so well represented in the tourney :P

One more note: other ex-Big Sky coaches in the tourney: Howland for UCLA, McKay for New Mexico, and Giacoletti (sp?) for Utah. Any others? Mick Durham has coached against all those guys-I don't think he ever beat Howland or Giacoletti though.

It says something about the quality of coaching in the Big Sky (at least in recent years).

raincat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by raincat » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:30 pm

I heard the betting line currently has the dawgs by 20. I'm not so positive they can cover that. But, they are sooo quick and relentless. If the spread holds I may go down for the griz. I can see something like 87-61 UW.