I-A recruiting

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

SonomaCat

I-A recruiting

Post by SonomaCat » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:46 pm

I just took a quick look at the recruiting class lists for Boise State and Utah State. As much as people talk about the ratio of MT/non-MT recruits at UM and MSU, imagine having a list that looks like theirs. BSU recruited one guy from Idaho this year, and that was a kicker.

I guess that's the price of competing at a national level -- you have to import nearly all of the talent from the larger population centers (as more people translates to more potential talent).

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recruitin ... ?confId=16

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:48 pm

And Wyoming had zero kids from Wyoming in their class.

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:17 pm

I think that Montana has a much stronger high school football system than either Idaho or Wyoming. For the size of our state, we should be pretty damn proud of the quality of football players this state produces. I think that if they were in different states, possibly 6 or 7 kids would have taken scholarships to I-A programs.

GO CATS GO!!!

NavyBlue
BobcatNation Letterman

USU Recruits

Post by NavyBlue » Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:57 am

Since it was brought up I will post USU's recruits. We also have some RM's(returned missionaries) that are expected to make an impact right away this year.

I think this new coaching staff will have some success and I like what I have seen and heard so far. I don't care where the kids are from as long as they win football games.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=208&p=9&c=8

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:02 pm

For what it's worth, I watched Boise State's recruiting show on Fox and the kid from Gig Harbor won't play next year because he was hurt so bad this past year. It'd be great to be able to afford that type of depth, kind of like the Fizzlies got to with the Cahill kid from Billings, right the Fizzlie fan frequently in here? They're also taking the same chance with the young man from Whitefish this year.

raincat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by raincat » Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:12 pm

The Seattle Times has their list of the top 25 highschool recruits in the NW and noted there was one kid from Montana in there, at #25. Lebsock of Lebstock (as they listed him) a linebacker from Billings. He was the only one listed not going 1A.