friz crowds

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

velochat
BobcatNation Team Captain

friz crowds

Post by velochat » Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:29 am

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:43 pm

Maybe its because every Griz fan I talk to at work or in the bar about baseketball they say. "I'm not into basketball, the only sport I follow is football". Anyone want to read anything into this??? :) See if you can match my thinking ;)

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:59 pm

Hate to admit it, but I've pretty much gotten the same way as far as only wanting to follow football and I grew up in Montana when our schools put out some pretty fair basketball players like Mike Lewis and Wayne Estes going out of state, Tom Storm, Jack Gillespie, Kermit Young, and the other great kids Roger Kraft was able to get to go to school in Bozo. Maybe when you talk to the Fizzlie fans and they also voice their displeasure about watching freethrow shooting contests instead of basketball games as my discussions with them indicate, our officials in this league will be forced to look at how the "big time" conferences play the game differently than our kids are allowed to...it makes me ill to see as many calls away from the ball. Imagine what Bobby Knight or Rick Barnes would do and say to one of the Big Sky officials because the pick was set too hard. Besides, everyone in here realizes that junior college in Mazzola produces the most fairweather fans in the state! Gotta quit rambling and get to work.