Quote from ISU coach.

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Quote from ISU coach.

Post by mslacat » Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:36 am

I saw this quote fron ISU coach Doug Oliver in a Big Sky wrap up column in the Missoulian. I guess I missed it in the Bozeman Chronical, but it is as follows.
"I'm stunned," Oliver told the Chronicle. "Bewildered. Embarrassed. "I'm concerned about the mental state of the team. How it dipped to this level in a 10-day period is a shocker."
I guess he is simply expressing his true opinion / feelings, but man if his team is having problems with confidence, or such, going puplic definately will put it on the front burner of the players minds. It is not how you build the team up confidence by going puplic.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:42 am

I am pretty sure that quote was from after their blowout loss to UM in which they put up their second straight game of record or near record lows in shooting % and points. I think that is the context of the quote as I am sure I read it in the preview article on the Cats/ISU game. While it doesn't make it much better to be saying to the press, putting it in that context at least makes it a bit more understandable. I would say they rebounded from that pretty well against the Cats.
Last edited by kmax on Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon