Bobby Patrino

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Bobby Patrino

Post by mslacat » Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:24 am

Kudo's to Montana Native and Carrol College Alumni Bobby Patrino for his success at Louisville. He just signed (well actually 1 1/2 week ago) a 7 year @ 1.5 million dollar per year contract exetention at Louisville! It is great to see a Montana boy become Big Time on the national level. On his signing he proclaimed his love for the university and his family love for the region.

A big yea what ever to Montana Native and Carrol College Alumni Bobby Patrino for interviewing with LSU about their soon to be open coaching vacancy, just 1 1/2 week after signing the above mentioned contract extention. He truely has gone BIG TIME!
Last edited by mslacat on Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

GFGriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by GFGriz » Tue Dec 28, 2004 12:46 pm

Petrino, not Patrino. Carroll, not Carrol. Besides that, I agree fully. Happy New Years Cats!

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Tue Dec 28, 2004 12:51 pm

Damn! I can not even blame this on spell check!

NavyBlue
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by NavyBlue » Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:47 am

I met Bob Petrino, when I was a student at Utah State University. He was an assistant coach on John L. Smith's staff at the time. He talked to me for about ten minutes,we talked about Aggie football and since we were both from Montana about Montana.

Having met JLS and former BYU coach Gary Crowton a few times also, I would take Petrino over those two ANY day.
Last edited by NavyBlue on Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:46 am

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Louisville football coach Bobby Petrino has met with LSU officials about the Tigers' job but refused to say if he expected further talks.

‘‘There's no offer on the table,'' he said Tuesday.

The LSU job opened when Nick Saban left for the Miami Dolphins. Petrino, who called his session with LSU a ‘‘preliminary meeting,'' is in Memphis, where the No. 7 Cardinals play No. 10 Boise State in the Liberty Bowl on Friday.

‘‘We agreed my focus would go to the bowl game and to finish the season — the great season that we've had,'' Petrino, a native of Helena, said after practice at the University of Memphis.

He said LSU officials sought permission to talk with him from Louisville Athletic Director Tom Jurich.

‘‘They asked for a quick meeting, and with Tom's permission, I agreed to meet with them,'' Petrino said. ‘‘We sat down Sunday morning in Nashville on my way here.''

Six days ago, Petrino received a raise from $550,000 to $1 million a season guaranteed, with more than $860,000 also possible in incentives. When his new contract was announced, he dismissed inquiries about the LSU position and noted his fondness for Louisville. Louisville moves from Conference USA to the Big East next season.

‘‘This is the place I want to be,'' he said then. ‘‘This is the place my family wants to be.''

Saban will coach LSU in the Capital One Bowl against Iowa on Saturday. Saban had the nation's richest college football contract, a seven-year, $18.45 million deal he signed after winning a share of the national title in 2003. The school is completing a stadium expansion and a new football operations center.