Griz Schedule

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cat-theotherwhitemeat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:32 am

HelenaCat wrote:What a joke. Two D-II teams. But Bobby said they wer tough D-II teams :oops:
He has to say that, but you're right...what a joke. I like the Bobcat schedule with the exception of the Ok. State game. If you're going to play a D-IA school, I would rather play one that you actually have a chance at winning. (i.e. Idaho, Utah State). I suppose the payday wouldn't be as good though.

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

velochat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by velochat » Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:41 am

I don't think we should care, but there are lots of quotes here:

http://www.missoulian.com/articles/2004 ... orts03.txt

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:08 am

They should drop the opener against Upper-Middle Nevada Technical Institution of Gaming Machine Repair and schedule Georgia Southern. I heard they are looking for a game that same date. I wonder if they'd be willing to make the trip? That would be a great game.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

kmax
Site Admin

Re: Griz football schedule, here it is, 2005

Post by kmax » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:29 am

grizindabox wrote:2005 Griz football schedule

Sept. 3 FT. LEWIS STATE

Sept. 10 CENTRAL WASHINGTON

Sept. 17 SOUTH DAKOTA STATE

Sept. 24 open

Oct. 1 WEBER STATE

Oct. 8 at Idaho State

Oct. 15 EASTERN WASHINGTON

Oct. 22 CAL POLY

Oct. 29 PORTLAND STATE

Nov. 5 at Northern Arizona

Nov. 12 at Sacramento State

Nov. 19 at Montana State
Well, assuming the Griz make it through that last stretch of games and get into the playoffs, there should be no worries about whether or not they can play on the road, even if they do only have one road game before those three. That final three games is harsh!

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:33 am

catatac wrote:They should drop the opener against Upper-Middle Nevada Technical Institution of Gaming Machine Repair and schedule Georgia Southern. I heard they are looking for a game that same date. I wonder if they'd be willing to make the trip? That would be a great game.

If the griz find a Transfer QB

GFGriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by GFGriz » Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:56 pm

I heard the 'Cats still have a huge debt on their stadium, and seem to recall they were in budget trouble the year before Montana's shortfall came to light. How are they handling all of that, and how does it affect their schedule? Safe driving and merry Festivus, Cat fans.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:40 pm

GFGriz wrote:I heard the 'Cats still have a huge debt on their stadium, and seem to recall they were in budget trouble the year before Montana's shortfall came to light. How are they handling all of that, and how does it affect their schedule? Safe driving and merry Festivus, Cat fans.
Yes, our financial situation is not as dire as UM's from what I've heard, but the debt is there, and yes it affects scheduling. We almost always put a 1A school on the schedule, Colorado State this year and OK State next year. Money games. I don't mind them. It's fun to play a highi profile team and see how we stack up. We pretty much sucked early in the season when we played CSU. If we would have played like we did against NAU, or EWU, etc. We may have had a chance to knock off CSU. I think Eastern could have beaten CSU and I think the Griz would have beated CSU towards the end of the season (In Wa\Griz of course!). OK State next year, however will probably be the best team we've played since Florida State back in the 80's???

El_Gato
Member # Retired

Post by El_Gato » Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:40 pm

Don Read put that schedule together and proclaimed:

"IT'S A FESTIVUS MIRACLE!!!"

Seriously, though, DR is no dUMmy. That schedule GUARANTEES the Griz another playoff appearance AND at least one home game in said playoffs next season.

Look: If the Griz go 9-2 or better, they're in whether they get the auto-bid or not. If they go in but aren't one of the top 4, they will get a home game anyway because we know they'll outbid any potential first round opponent. (BTW, this is my prediction for them, 9-2 overall, 5-2 in conference, NO Big Sky title; not even a share of it this time! :wink: )

If they go 8-3 with no auto-bid, they're still in and would MOST LIKELY host a first-rounder unless they ended up being seeded in the bottom 4, which is unlikely given the committee's proclivity toward them.

The ONLY way they don't make the postseason again is with a record of 7-4 or worse, which seems highly unlikely given that they begin the season with 3 straight wins. I just wish WE were playing them in September, before their new "skill" guys get too familiar with their system...

Grizzlies: 2-5 when it matters most

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:51 pm

I don't know about that. I think going 9-2 will be tough for them next year. Ochs really came on and surprised the heck out of me this year. He will be tough to replace, but I'm sure they'll get a good quality QB as usual. With new QB and receivers, their O will struggle early much like ours did this year. Cal Poly will have a real good shot at knocking them off and SDSU is a possibility as well (Remember NDSU). Their November stretch will be brutal and we all saw how well they played on the road. I see them going 8-3 or 7-4.
Last edited by catatac on Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BWahlberg
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BWahlberg » Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:58 pm

The "talk" on egriz is that the University of Montana is talking with Oregon about playing in Autzen on Oct 3, which would lead to us dropping South Fort Lewis Technichal School of Agriculture & Management State - Western

Of course that could be just talk made up for discussion, some people are also saying we've had a reciever from the Big 12 transfering in...so who knows...