Carroll Nationl Champions!!!

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cats15
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Carroll Nationl Champions!!!

Post by Cats15 » Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:21 pm

wow great win for carroll today. came down to a field goal with 10 sec remaining.
3 years in a row, thats pretty amazing. way to go!

HelenaCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by HelenaCat » Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:59 pm

Congrats to Carroll College!! Besides the Cats, the other "Montana" team I cheer for :D

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:47 pm

yes congrats

GFGriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by GFGriz » Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:20 pm

Hate to bring this up, but Carroll's last minute win reminded me of the 1997 Cat-Griz game. I knew when the Cougars left time on the board the Saints were going to get the winning field goal, just not with the drama they used, however. Van Diest is just a great coach, and that Saint team is the most disciplined in Montana. There is a great photo on the Fort Wayne newspaper showing a Saint offering a hand up to a dejected St. Francis player sitting on the turf after the game. Real sportsmanship. Glad to see Carroll continue its incredible streak, and look forward to a possible 4 Peat next year. Montanans are spoiled with great football. Have a great off-season, Cat fans, and see you all next year.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:32 pm

Thanks GF; hope you find a worthy replacement for Ochs--that'll make it all the sweeter in Bozo next year as you brought up the 97 game...we want to win with ya'll at full strength.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:30 am

GFGriz wrote:Hate to bring this up, but Carroll's last minute win reminded me of the 1997 Cat-Griz game. I knew when the Cougars left time on the board the Saints were going to get the winning field goal, just not with the drama they used, however. Van Diest is just a great coach, and that Saint team is the most disciplined in Montana. There is a great photo on the Fort Wayne newspaper showing a Saint offering a hand up to a dejected St. Francis player sitting on the turf after the game. Real sportsmanship. Glad to see Carroll continue its incredible streak, and look forward to a possible 4 Peat next year. Montanans are spoiled with great football. Have a great off-season, Cat fans, and see you all next year.
Wasn't quite the devastating piss-away that the Cats did in 97, but I do see your point. 8)

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Cat-theotherwhitemeat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:25 am

Aaaah, the game of '97. Let's talk about that today! I remember it well. Beer flowed like wine that day. :shock:

My best friend, the Cat fan, still gets pissed when I talk about that...you know, the game with the Heppner kick...in the last seconds. Boy, how could your kicker boot it out of bounds? Remember? Anyone....? And then the long pass....

:P :wink:

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:59 am

Cat-theotherwhitemeat wrote:Aaaah, the game of '97. Let's talk about that today! I remember it well. Beer flowed like wine that day. :shock:

My best friend, the Cat fan, still gets pissed when I talk about that...you know, the game with the Heppner kick...in the last seconds. Boy, how could your kicker boot it out of bounds? Remember? Anyone....? And then the long pass....

:P :wink:
Heh Heh - you and I are on the same page meat. The beer flowed like wine and the women instinctively flocked like the Salmon of Capistrano. Actually that game was a good bonding experience for me and my father. We drank together, laughed together, cried together after watching the kick sail through the uprights... then we kicked a$$ together as we stormed the field in a rage and had fist-fights with all comers... (Just Kidding of Course). I hope to share the same experience with my son one day!!! :wink:
Last edited by catatac on Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Cat-theotherwhitemeat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:06 pm

aaaaaaaaah, good times. :)

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.